EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

4 minutes ago, upshitcreek said:

So they're saying a van has broke down on the way in, or so they think. They turned us around and said go back to bath and west. We've driven half way back down the que and starting again. We've spoke to two stewards at separate check points who have heard nothing about the closures. 

Bearing in mind we set off at 0600 yesterday, I hate to say it but I'm close to throwing the towel in and heading back to Manchester. 

chin up mate, you've come this far, keep going and I'm sure you'll be rewarded.

good luck...

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, **claire** said:

They've just tweeted that all Campervan fields & car parks are open & operating well...

Does "operating well" cover stewards with no radios to communicate with?

Poor lass I've just been chatting with is completely hoarse from having to shout to communicate with her colleagues because all the radio batteries are flat.

Little wonder that no one knows what's going on.

I'm amazed that an operation like Glastonbury can't get basics like this right.

Good luck to everyone still trying to get on site ... really feel for you.

So, arrived at Pylle Lane only to be told to go to Bath and West Showground. Currently hanging around here with no news. The kid on the gate said "it won't be long" but I think she was just being nice. 

All that being said, I would happily stay here now. Nice and flat, loads of room, nice toilets and showers. Just get the bus in and out

Just now, **claire** said:

In bed at home trying to convince a v despondent other half that we can come back & pitch the trailer tent in B&W for the weekend - would anyone be so kind as to confirm if this is definitely the situation now for the rest of the fest?

Claire, try asking GlastoInfo on twitter.

Or would you like me to do it?

Just now, Woffy said:

Claire, try asking GlastoInfo on twitter.

Or would you like me to do it?

Have done so thanks Woffy, just waiting for a reply now! The glastopolice account just appear to have retweeted the earlier one about all Campervan fields being open, so as clear as the proverbial mud! :)

Just now, **claire** said:

Have done so thanks Woffy, just waiting for a reply now! The glastopolice account just appear to have retweeted the earlier one about all Campervan fields being open, so as clear as the proverbial mud! :)

Ok. Keep us posted.

Sat at home still if I can be of assistance to anyone.

15 minutes ago, upshitcreek said:

We've been sent back to bath and west and were told by the police there's no more room in east... Period. Looks like it's bath and west for the weekend. Shambolic

We're in a hired caravan in East 25 right at the back and my husband has just wandered back from the festival site. Our field was empty when we came back from the site at midnight last night and now it is full up with campers all parked higgledy-piggledy. He says if they had been parked in straight rows properly, there would be much more room.

Just travelled via a303... Little advice for anyone heading to east entrance. Head towards a little village called Evercreech (A371, try to avoid A37 at all costs), and then most importantly you need to find a lane called Easton Lane. They have put road closed signs at the entrance to it but I was naughty & ignored, brings you out more or less right opposite the Pylle Lane east entrance. Has taken me apx two hours from Torquay so far.

Just posted on Glastoinfo twitter. Not much help really:

We are aware of problems facing caravan/campervan drivers at the moment. As soon as we have official word on the situation, we will... (1/2)

...recirculate it; in the meantime, please stay tuned to @worthyfm on 87.7 for traffic updates, and thank you for your patience. - A (2/2)