EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

Official (so we believe) news is there are 250 spaces left in East they are taking vans on 6 at a time and towing on so it is open if you can make it and are prepared to queue but you can stay at Bath and West if you want to and suspect that the overflow will come here anyway once east is full hoping they make sure the buses keep running all weekend frequently 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Jesus, Nobby. Fair play though.

So cars are getting off the main road ok? But getting held up in the car parks?

Are cars getting parked up in East blue car parks ok?

Cos the A37 is still a big, long red line on AA traffic. 

They were at 7am, but as soon as I pulled into blue gate I didn't move for 20 minutes so the traffic built more and more from that point on, I can only assume now it's 10 times worse and similar to yesterday, but if they've been holding people in the show grounds hopefully that may have eliviated it.  

29 minutes ago, geoffboycott said:

Quick question, if you don't mind, how are the queues for the shuttle bus as a result, have they maintained a reasonable service level given people have unfortunately had to take the same action as you by pitching at the showground?  

I think they usually reduce the bus service frequency after the major rush on Wednesday, but given the way things have developed I'd hope they would maintain a regular shuttle service to at least help get people from the showground to and from the festival.

Wil update in a few, going for a look shortly. 

I feel your pain. Been on the road for 30hrs with 3 hours sleep. The only news from the stewards is they've opened again and you 'might' get in. One steward said if you stay at the showground you WILL be towed off at 4am which is. Load of shit. And the bus isn't running 24 hrs. It's just a sham but on the plus side were now on the cider and settled. For now

There is a slow trickle of vans being towed through e16 to east 17( which is now pretty full) , I think one delay was filling in the deep ruts dug by the tractors, they could get through but the poor vans being towed couldn't. My wife saw a classic VW with half its front end missing yesterday.

3 hours ago, tvrobbie said:

How's it been getting into West CV fields? Sounds like east has been worse, but I'm heading to west this evening (as long as they don't close early again)

Any updates on the state of West camper fields? Is it as badly hit as East? Anyone made it onto site today? Much space left?

West was open and no queue when we drove past earlier. Again being told conflicting info some stewards saying we can stay some we HAVE to move and they are saying the shuttle bus doesn't run all weekend which is a load of bull.  We have decided to get the bus into the festival for the day, so are sitting on the shuttle bus waiting to set off to site, if we have to move tomorrow morning we will do it then. If we are not at the van how are they going to make us move? To be honest happy to stay here if we are allowed to do so.

50 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They were at 7am, but as soon as I pulled into blue gate I didn't move for 20 minutes so the traffic built more and more from that point on, I can only assume now it's 10 times worse and similar to yesterday, but if they've been holding people in the show grounds hopefully that may have eliviated it.  

Cheers dude. Just planning ahead. Thanks.

40 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

West was open and no queue when we drove past earlier. Again being told conflicting info some stewards saying we can stay some we HAVE to move and they are saying the shuttle bus doesn't run all weekend which is a load of bull.  We have decided to get the bus into the festival for the day, so are sitting on the shuttle bus waiting to set off to site, if we have to move tomorrow morning we will do it then. If we are not at the van how are they going to make us move? To be honest happy to stay here if we are allowed to do so.

Thank you! Hope your bus is on the move! It'll all be worth it in the end. My mantra is 'cider bus, cider bus, cider bus' and I've not even left for the festival yet

Edited by tvrobbie
typo

1 minute ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Currently sat in the showgrounds awaiting to be released, how long does it take to get on from here once you're on the road again? 

We left about 15 mins ago - were there for just over an hour. Currently in traffic and passed a sign saying blue cv closed, but we're heading on anyway. Slowly.

7 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

We left about 15 mins ago - were there for just over an hour. Currently in traffic and passed a sign saying blue cv closed, but we're heading on anyway. Slowly.

I'm in the queue near blue gate, not much movement, lots of other vans, stewards are letting non festival traffic drive past the queue and gate  on the wrong side of the road from time to time...

Edited by autoinflate

7 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

Thanks for the info, can you post an update when you're in so I know how long it's taken you. That would be really appreciated, good luck!

Worthy FM just relayed an official announcement that the East field is almost full, and any new caravans arriving will be directed to B&W, which has been made a permanent overflow site. Apparently the West field remains open. Good luck to everyone still trying to make their way onsite!

6 minutes ago, Hyphenated said:

Worthy FM just relayed an official announcement that the East field is almost full, and any new caravans arriving will be directed to B&W, which has been made a permanent overflow site. Apparently the West field remains open. Good luck to everyone still trying to make their way onsite!

The showground sent us down an hour ago, if we get refused entry I'm going to absolutely flip.