EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a slightly different circumstance to you guys. Queued all the way on the A37 and along to the camper fields to get to Blue gate as I'm supposed to be on site only for them to close the gate and direct me back off to the Bath & West. :(

Another day. Seven hours of queuing wasted. Attempt three tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, MoilyX said:

Is there no way you can leave the car there and just get everyone and all your stuff round?

I wouldn't waste any more of your fest fannying around in this tomorrow if you could help it.

That's potentially one option. Wait for the others to get here, all walk through the festival to the car, grab all the stuff we can and come back. It's just me and my wife at the moment, and with how muddy ped gate B is it would take us the rest of the fest to walk back and forth ferrying everything so we'd need the help of the others.

Of course who knows how long the others in our group will take to get in tomorrow?

I'm now reading camper vans will get first access to blue gate from Bath and west... If I had know that I would've gone there and slept in the car, as I didnt know that because it was all rumours and hearsay we parked up and trapsed trough the festival so we had a bed for the night in the CV. Do you think it's worth driving there early doors before the open the gate again?

Seems they're still pulling people onto the east fields. Theres a big queue of people ready to drive back off the bath & West. 

53 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That's potentially one option. Wait for the others to get here, all walk through the festival to the car, grab all the stuff we can and come back. It's just me and my wife at the moment, and with how muddy ped gate B is it would take us the rest of the fest to walk back and forth ferrying everything so we'd need the help of the others.

Of course who knows how long the others in our group will take to get in tomorrow?

It's damage limitation - if you can cope with leaving the car where it is, even if it takes an hour out of your day then you can get on with the festival.

The thought of heading back out onto that to re-enter via Blue is not one I'd entertain if I didn't absolutely have to. It will likely be as bad tomorrow as it was today, possibly even worse.

59 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Walk - Drink - walk - spliff - walk - drink - walk - spliff - collect shit from car - spliff - drink - spliff - set off with a drink - walk - spliff & drink - walk - walk - walk - spliff - where's the caravan l?

6 minutes ago, JayP1983 said:

Think I'm away at the back of the holding area. Quick look out the window shows others have made their move early! Thoughts? Are we going to get in this morning?

Hope so. I'm still awake in my caravan in E25 and I can definitely hear tractors. Although, of course, they may just be dumping bark or straw on the mud in CV East in readiness. 

(Some hope! It astonishes me to find that all of the involved authorities seemingly couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery! The weather is no-one's fault, but the way it's been handled, however, has been shocking.

Quick exit from the holding area and drove right to Pylle Lane and half way down to join the queue. Like it used to be in earlier festivals. Don't yet know what's happening but we're on the final road!

19 minutes ago, Tuttifrutti said:

all set up, kids have found us n crawled in to awning to sleep. Now I don't know whether to grab a few hours but if we do that will we hit queues to get wrist bands any hints?

Very good! Still in the queue waiting to drive up a very steep hill!

We were woken up at 4.30 am. Checked for towing eye and reasonably quick exit from the showground to Pylle Lane. Pylle Lane however is a logjam. We've been 2 hours and still not onsite yet. 

Add this to a 7 hour queue last night after a journey from the North East and approximately an hours kip in the last 36 as well as missing the first night of the festival and I'm ready to tear a new arsehole for whichever prick is behind this bloody shambles.

The Mrs is nipping me heed about the whole ruddy business and we're both tired and emotional. I swear I'm gonna find that guy and give him a good kicking.

Happy Glastonbury 2016 everyone.