Two Weeks Time

JoeyT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have counted out/bagged/banked all the change my bf + I have been saving up in our Glasto change jar. Should be a good 2/3 days worth of spending money. He has a meeting miles away that day so I'll be home alone peeing my pants until he arrives home later than usual :help: might be tempted to have a couple drinks while i wait on him :drinks:

14 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Have a safe journey down - any problems call me up and I will let Staffing know - I am on the same number as last year. 

Ok, I will do! 

Thanks! This time in two weeks I will be having a wee wander around the site. Not long to go now!

Edited by Moonwalker

we should be just about to arrive on site to start queuing! I know everyone thinks it's mad to go that early but I love having an extra night of festival (even if it is sat on a camping chair) and really sorts out my sleeping pattern as will be up most of the night and sleep most of Wednesday day. I can't bloody wait! 

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

more than likely be attempting (and failing) to sleep in preparation for my 2.30am coach to the festival. the lack of sleep beforehand absolutely fucked me last year - must get a good few hours in beforehand this time round

With you on that pal...last year i was still awake as it was getting light and up at 7am. Ruined me till about the Friday id say.

Not quite sure how to deal with it this year tbh. Cant have a beer because ill ne driving about 6am 

This time in two weeks ill probably be knackered but havimg time of my life.

At this time? Rounding off a chilled out Tuesday in the East CV fields. Would have had a bbq, wandered over to the top of the hill of death to gaze into the valley below and got myself on the outside of several cans of cider and a few scoops of wine :)

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

Thanks

@Charm and @Avalon_Fields 

Two very different responses there :). I guess as I've never been there before and I reckon there'll be bugger all else to do on the Monday, I'll probably have a wander up the Tor on the Monday evening, after dinner and before my last kip in a proper bed for a week. Going to try and avoid the boozers other than for a bit of grub, want to keep my powder dry for the festival. Half tempted to go into Bath on the Tuesday morning for a looksee.

I would definitely recommend the Tor. I'm not a religious or spiritual person but I have genuinely felt something mystical about it. Several times I have gone there with a problem, pondered it at the top and walked back down with a solution that time has proven to be right.

15 hours ago, Mardy said:

Thanks

@Charm and @Avalon_Fields 

Two very different responses there :). I guess as I've never been there before and I reckon there'll be bugger all else to do on the Monday, I'll probably have a wander up the Tor on the Monday evening, after dinner and before my last kip in a proper bed for a week. Going to try and avoid the boozers other than for a bit of grub, want to keep my powder dry for the festival. Half tempted to go into Bath on the Tuesday morning for a looksee.

3 hours ago, Glastoboy said:

I would definitely recommend the Tor. I'm not a religious or spiritual person but I have genuinely felt something mystical about it. Several times I have gone there with a problem, pondered it at the top and walked back down with a solution that time has proven to be right.

Definitely do the Tor and definitely limit the drinking! We stayed in Shepton before the festival in 2013 and went to the Tor, it was lovely and made you feel connected, though was a few people up there as you might expect. Unfortunately thought it would be a good idea to have a few drinks Tuesday night, turned into a few too many and ended up have to lug my stuff and set up tents (ours and those of friends coming later) with a massive hangover. Not recommended!

Having breakfast and throwing the last of the stuff in the car before making the two hour trip to site. Probably stop at taunton services for a coffee and to use hot running water/flushing toilets for the last time in a few days and then hopefully waltz straight through the gates once we arrive.

Do gates open at 8am? I can't ever remember! Can't remember when we joined the queue last year but we were in by 10.15am

As some of you above I'll be in the East camper fields cooking up bacon sarnies. Probably struggling to eat them as i'll be so excited my mouth will be dry :lol:

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Do gates open at 8am? I can't ever remember! Can't remember when we joined the queue last year but we were in by 10.15am

As some of you above I'll be in the East camper fields cooking up bacon sarnies. Probably struggling to eat them as i'll be so excited my mouth will be dry :lol:

I think so yeah? So this time in two weeks the first people will be trickling in. Wonder if anybody'll be camped by now, surely nobody's that efficient..