Two Weeks Time

JoeyT

Waking up after my last day at work on the Monday, one last hit at the gym before I put my body through the scientific experiment known as Glastonbury. No sleep, a years worth of booze in 5 days and some of Boots finest potions, oh and packing the car today. Trying to convince my wife we need to leave at 3am (we have agreed on 7am at the minute) booooooo. Jamie 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

They have both...

ah bugger, is there? Better dig out the booking then, I guess. 

Is there anything to actually do in Glastonbury? Is it worth walking up the Tor?

19 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Is there anything to actually do in Glastonbury? Is it worth walking up the Tor?

I'll probably get shot down in flames but I've always been disappointed with the town. There's the abbey which is ok, not that many good pubs but it is walking distance from the Travelodge to the centre at least. We've been up the Tor and it's a good view if the weather is fine, a little too far away to see much detail of the festival site though.

31 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Climbing the Tor is lovely and well worth it, the abbey grounds are beautiful and it's very relaxing in the chalice well, there's lots of great cafes on the high street and a few pubs sometimes have live music, there's an amazing atmosphere all year round and I always get talking to some very interesting Glastonbury people, it's my favourite place, I try and visit a few times a year. 
Charm x

posted at Noon - Well ' if it all goes to plan ' my crew coach will be loaded and we will set off from London at Noon { Tuesday 21 June } - the drivers favour the A303 although they use various ways to reach it so sometimes they get it right and sometimes they get it wrong with regards traffic .

We know there will be extra checks this year so last year it took 40 minuets to process - GFL check our photos against the WBC records.Once that was sorted out - there is various Security stops checking our Crew wrist bands - and then the Coach is onsite heading up to the Cow Sheds { Park farm } and we will stop next to VG4 to unload 

that is if the ground is dry - if not they will stop at Park farm as that is a hard track and I will try to get a WBC buggy to move my gear { as I am unable to walk far } - 

Once the tents are up we then have registration but as they all know me this only takes a few minuets - the ones they don't recognise have to prove their age and that all the details are correct - there will always be some who don't read the info pack and will not have valid ID with them and they will not be allowed to work behind a Bar.

It happens ever year and there can be 10 to 20 who will fail to bring valid ID so they end up not being able to work with their friends. { they will get other duties so they will soon regret not reading the info pack as they will not know from one day to the next what shift they will be on } - I blame their Organisers as they should have double checked they knew exactly what to bring.  

Thanks

@Charm and @Avalon_Fields 

Two very different responses there :). I guess as I've never been there before and I reckon there'll be bugger all else to do on the Monday, I'll probably have a wander up the Tor on the Monday evening, after dinner and before my last kip in a proper bed for a week. Going to try and avoid the boozers other than for a bit of grub, want to keep my powder dry for the festival. Half tempted to go into Bath on the Tuesday morning for a looksee.

Edited by Mardy

24 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Thanks

@Charm and @Avalon_Fields 

Two very different responses there :). I guess as I've never been there before and I reckon there'll be bugger all else to do on the Monday, I'll probably have a wander up the Tor on the Monday evening, after dinner and before my last kip in a proper bed for a week. Going to try and avoid the boozers other than for a bit of grub, want to keep my powder dry for the festival. Half tempted to go into Bath on the Tuesday morning for a looksee.

Very funny, I suppose it depends on what type of person you are, always feel like I fit right in, been a visitor years before I actually went to the festival, it's an incredibly magical place if you are able to tune in to it. 
Charm x

19 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

This time in two weeks will be packing the CV. Gonna be the earliest start for us ever (First year I didn't get there until late Thursday evening). 

So will be on the M6/M5 later on the Monday, no idea where we're going to stop for the night (Maybe Gloucester services), and intend to be one of the earliest in CV East on the Tuesday morning, maybe 10am if they've opened up by then. Judging by those already parked up when we arrived at 1pm, they must have opened the fields very early last year.

I'm sure you already know but Gloucester Services is a bit different to the usual crap motorway services. It's ace. But don't go into the Farmer's Market shop with your wallet if you're hungry... 

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

Very funny, I suppose it depends on what type of person you are, always feel like I fit right in, been a visitor years before I actually went to the festival, it's an incredibly magical place if you are able to tune in to it. 
Charm x

I rather liked Glastonbury town. We went for the first time last year (after ten years of going to the Festival....) on our way down to Devon as a lunch stop and I really liked the shops and cafes - we were spoiled for choice for lunchtime! The Abbey is lovely too. 

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I'm sure you already know but Gloucester Services is a bit different to the usual crap motorway services. It's ace. But don't go into the Farmer's Market shop with your wallet if you're hungry... 

Thank you! See to at the efest meet I hope

1 hour ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I rather liked Glastonbury town. We went for the first time last year (after ten years of going to the Festival....) on our way down to Devon as a lunch stop and I really liked the shops and cafes - we were spoiled for choice for lunchtime! The Abbey is lovely too. 

Must be me! I'll attempt to qualify my remarks: the Tuesday evenings before the festival I always found relatively quiet when I was expecting a huge buzz in the town, perhaps explained by few festival goers staying in or near the town on the night before? I'm sure the shops and cafes are lovely but of course we were just interested in the pubs!