Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When did you sign up?

Last year. By the looks of it, it's something they're rolling out rather than an instant shutdown of SMS. Hopefully it'll stay as it is for the next couple of weeks at least.

Edited by Andeeroo

9 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

IFTTT has stopped sending SMS unless you opted in about a month ago, they have moved to IF Notifications (push notifications) within their app.

I think they may have just been getting people to confirm their continuation of existing recipes with the SMS channel in it so that IFTTT aren't wasting money continually sending texts out on recipes that people don't use any more. They must have a large proportion of recipes pumping out texts to defunct phone numbers.

You can set up a new recipe with the SMS channel in it. It will send a test message to your phone with a code to enter to confirm your phone number (and as @stuartbert two hats wisely stated you need to enter the number as '004407.....').

The easiest way to test this is by using SB2H's recipe for secretglasto.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All of you SMSers, have you considered taking your smartphone and a great big battery? That's what I'm going to do.

Taking a smartphone and power bank, but my Twitter client app of choice doesn't support notifications from specific users so will be relying on SMS.

37 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What is this, 2012? The official Twitter app is the only game in town these days :P

Oh dear God, no! We shouldn't be using inferior apps, it only encourages people to carry on knocking out dross if they know people will actually use them.

Hi! Can someone assist me please? I did the IFTTTTTTT thingy last year, as I don't keep my internet switched on so wanted secret glasto tweets to come as texts. I'm on o2, and have a Nokia lumia 635 (I think). 

Do I need to do anything or will I still get texts? Thanks in advance, I am very non technical. 

Btw, the Morrissey post here made my heart go a flutter! 

What ever happened to D'angelo playing? I heard that he was confirmed but I can't find his name on the line up or in the app. Anyone reckon it's possible he's one of the TBA/TBC acts or just that his name was added and removed to the line up by mistake and he's just not playing? 

22 minutes ago, willjsprice said:

What ever happened to D'angelo playing? 

Rumour has it that a West Holts headliner pulled out fairly last minute this year. The popular theory is that upon pulling out, Underworld were moved from JP headliners to West Holts, and Sigur Ros were signed up last minute as a replacement headliner (Sigur ROS had previously stated they were only playing 2 UK shows this year. When glasto was announced it was suddenly 3).

10 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Rumour has it that a West Holts headliner pulled out fairly last minute this year. The popular theory is that upon pulling out, Underworld were moved from JP headliners to West Holts, and Sigur Ros were signed up last minute as a replacement headliner (Sigur ROS had previously stated they were only playing 2 UK shows this year. When glasto was announced it was suddenly 3).

Sigur Ros were already on the leaked D'Angelo poster which means they were booked before D'Angelo pulled out. some moving around was obviously done to fill D'Angelo's vacant spot, although christ knows what it was