Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to someone on the Glasto Chat Facebook page, Isaac from the Slaves confirmed they were playing a secret set at some point over the weekend. Given the source, it may need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

13269255_10153544855976332_8620055149075

Edited by StLewi

1 hour ago, MattLeam said:

Didn't somebody mention the possibility of Unknown Mortal Orchestra being one of the Thursday bands too? Can't remember where I saw this now

only because they had Thursday listed on their tour dates, although i think they probably put it down as a 'default' date rather than them actually playing, although i'd love if they were doing a second set as i'll have to miss their Friday one

5 hours ago, StLewi said:

According to someone on the Glasto Chat Facebook page, Isaac from the Slaves confirmed they were playing a secret set at some point over the weekend. Given the source, it may need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

13269255_10153544855976332_8620055149075

That would be great!!

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

i've no idea who DMAs are but it's perhaps best the other two are kept secret.  we don't want to encourage them.

DMA's are alright tbf, not at all the shite their picture may look like. There is MUCH worse playing elsewhere on the lineup. I just need to work out if I get can from Stonebridge to Wills Green in 30 mins

20 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Padawan is another name for student in training, @august1 is the one who needs our thanks this year!

Oops, I feel just a tiny bit stupid now :blink:! Thanx for pointing out the error of my ways S2H! And thanx @august1 for doing this haha! 

So on a more technical question, I have signed up to Twitter, I am following Secretglasto, I have gone on the settings (cog wheel thingy) and there is no option to get texts?! Is this because I am trying to do it on my phone? Shall I try my laptop? 

18 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Why is everyone over complicating it? Just go on twitter on your smartphone now, go to @secretglasto and click on the settings icon, then click on 'turn on notifications'. You will then get a twitter notification on your smartphone and a text message for every tweet from @secretglasto. When you swap your SIM into your festival phone you will still get the text messages. Couldn't be any easier.

I don't have the 'turn on notifications' option! And I don't understand everything said on page 3. I need a 5 year old to explain in to me! 

After a couple of days of thinking about this little project, I am very excited by the prospect of having the facility to hear about these secret sets. 

Previously I've never taken a smart phone to Glastonbury and had to rely on word of mouth or text messages from people off site to hear about any surprises. 

But this year I will be giving in and taking my iPhone. Thinking about it, it's an ideal use of Twitter. I've never really understood Twitter but it actually does make a lot  of sense for this type of application. 

Because I've not done this before, how successful was it last year in informing people of surprise guests? Were there any big ones that slipped through the net and didn't get reported on? Did much info get added during the festival, or was it mainly leading up to the event?

Thanks again for putting together such a great idea. 

As far as I can tell it went as perfectly as possible. There was new info added day by day (e.g. from chalk boards or the bands announcing they're playing again somewhere else) from contributions of people at the festival, whilst the big one (Libertines) was verified from outside. We also got cancellations, replacements and time changes.

not only this but I don't think were any unnecessary texts sent out. Thanks again two hats!

56 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

After a couple of days of thinking about this little project, I am very excited by the prospect of having the facility to hear about these secret sets. 

Previously I've never taken a smart phone to Glastonbury and had to rely on word of mouth or text messages from people off site to hear about any surprises. 

But this year I will be giving in and taking my iPhone. Thinking about it, it's an ideal use of Twitter. I've never really understood Twitter but it actually does make a lot  of sense for this type of application. 

Because I've not done this before, how successful was it last year in informing people of surprise guests? Were there any big ones that slipped through the net and didn't get reported on? Did much info get added during the festival, or was it mainly leading up to the event?

Before the festival all the known secret sets went up on the thread here, with the performances tweeted out on the day. For the bigger bands in smaller venues, the tweet went out closer to the time. Due to concerns with the crowding when Fatboy played The Blues, his set in the Stonebridge was tweeted more or less as he came on stage.

The biggest mistake I can remember was tweeting that Mike Skinner was playing on The Park Stage, when he was actually DJing an announced set in Stone bridge. 

As far as missed things, sometimes DMs came in for things as they happened, so weren't much use for most people when they were tweeted, E.g. Michael Eavis singing with The Moody Blues. I can't think of anything big that was missed. Someone else may be able to remember more.

Full disclosure, I ran it last year!

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

As far as I can tell it went as perfectly as possible. There was new info added day by day (e.g. from chalk boards or the bands announcing they're playing again somewhere else) from contributions of people at the festival, whilst the big one (Libertines) was verified from outside. We also got cancellations, replacements and time changes.

not only this but I don't think were any unnecessary texts sent out. Thanks again two hats!

There were a few tweets sent out about the Libs + Dalai Lama as the info changed. I sent out a tweet admitting defeat on the Libs an hour before the info came in!

Oh yeah, BBC Introducing published some stuff info, so I sent some people to see a band just as they were finishing! :(

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

These are my options. When I choose turn on mobile notifications it won't let me! More than happy for someone to do it for me! I'll even give login details! I'm stumped!! Thanx though fightoffyour!

image.png

Can you do a screenshot of what it says when you click 'Turn on mobile notifications'?

Have you tried using the Twitter app?

25 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

These are my options. When I choose turn on mobile notifications it won't let me! More than happy for someone to do it for me! I'll even give login details! I'm stumped!! Thanx though fightoffyour!

image.png

What carrier are you using? Twitter can only text 3, Orange and a couple of others I've never heard of. I'm not sure if T Mobile and EE can be used (they're the same network as Orange). 

If you're not on those networks you'll have to use ITTT. 

Edited by musky

1 hour ago, johnny-yen said:

Actually, the best way to get a sense of it is to look at the tweets sent out last year.