Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I may be being a bit slow here, but what is secret about announcing to the whole world where and when you'll be playing a show? 

I suppose it's not very specific so it doesn't give away that much. Somewhere  on site over what could be a 10 hour period doesn't give too much away. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you get a March on that's doable as long as it's not deep sucky mud weather. 

What I thought man, luckily coming from that area too if it like that I should be clear of it when I leave the top of Park up and behind Stonebridge anyway. Decided against Roadmender...no one else will go ad when it comes to it I won't be arsed to go.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What I thought man, luckily coming from that area too if it like that I should be clear of it when I leave the top of Park up and behind Stonebridge anyway. Decided against Roadmender...no one else will go ad when it comes to it I won't be arsed to go.

I think time wise you should be fine, only potential problem is not getting a great spot if Williams Green is busy. I've no idea how popular DMAs are though and whether that's likely?

On 03/06/2016 at 10:11 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Unless things have changed, you can set up the recipe on the web site.  There is a bit of a gotcha with the phone number format though.  Let's say your phone number is 077 7777 7777, the international version would normally be +4477 7777 7777.  Well, not with IFTTT, for them you must enter 0044077 7777 7777, so replace the "+" with "00" and include the leading zero after the "44".

I've just set a recipe up, can someone give it a go and let me know if:

• There are any problems
  • It shows my phone number (I don't think it will, but it wasn't 100% clear)

https://ifttt.com/recipes/425731-sms-secretglasto-tweets

IFTTT stopped sending text messages a month ago unless you opted in. Now using in app push notifications instead (can't find anything on their website but they did email out). So you might want to do a test with IFTTT before going to Glastonbury.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ifttt/comments/4hxew6/psa_if_youre_still_receiving_sms_alerts_check/

Edited by Dukeicon

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I think time wise you should be fine, only potential problem is not getting a great spot if Williams Green is busy. I've no idea how popular DMAs are though and whether that's likely?

Wouldn't think it'd be packed, their new annouced tour is smallish with the Ritz in Manc being the biggest venue probably on the whole thing. O2 Academy and Electric Brixton certainly aren't big, glad they are working their way up though.

I turned up about 2 mins before TOY started last year on Friday, it was dead and it was shit lol.

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There were a few tweets sent out about the Libs + Dalai Lama as the info changed. I sent out a tweet admitting defeat on the Libs an hour before the info came in!

Oh yeah, BBC Introducing published some stuff info, so I sent some people to see a band just as they were finishing! :(

and the secret gig from frank turner @ strummerville. was lovely

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Are there any plans for some test tweets from @secretglasto?  Had it working well last year and just want to check it's still all good.

I think the week beginning the 13th was mentioned. 

People should be careful testing the IFTTT recipe by linking it to a more active twitter account. If I remember correctly, some people last year discovered that there was a limit of free texts it would send in a month. Maybe 100? Best to make sure you still have plenty remaining for the actual festival!

19 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can you do a screenshot of what it says when you click 'Turn on mobile notifications'?

Have you tried using the Twitter app?

Stu I think I've done it! I've downloaded the app and turned on notifications. Thanx so much. I'll wait for the test tweet to find out if I was successful! 

2 minutes ago, J1990 said:

Is it the Rabbit Hole I'm thinking of that announces their lineup on the day on twitter? If so, could somebody link me the twitter account please?

It's probably the Crows Nest that you're thinking of. They put a chalkboard outside the tent each day and often tweet a picture of it. The Rabbit Hole have already published its line up for the main tent. 

2 minutes ago, musky said:

It's probably the Crows Nest that you're thinking of. They put a chalkboard outside the tent each day and often tweet a picture of it. The Rabbit Hole have already published its line up for the main tent. 

That's the one! Cheers.

I don't know if this still works, but try sending a text to 86444 with: follow SecretGlasto as the content.

I know it should still work on Three, and used to work on EE but the service might have been stopped.

You'll get charged 10p per text received though.

6 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Hi, am I right in saying it is not possible for me to get text updates? My only phone is on EE, and its also an Iphone 4s which is ios7 which I believe is too old to get the Twitter app which requires ios8.

You can still update the 4S to latest iOS.