Secret Glasto Sets

SecretGlasto

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, johnny-yen said:

Anyone got any ideas who The Very Best with Special Guests will be?  Saturday, West Holts, 7pm

Someone mentioned it being Mumford and Sons, West Holts then retweeted it.. Although, on the EE app it seems to be these

image.png

7 hours ago, incident said:

I don't know if this still works, but try sending a text to 86444 with: follow SecretGlasto as the content.

I know it should still work on Three, and used to work on EE but the service might have been stopped.

You'll get charged 10p per text received though.

I've not read the earlier posts, so sorry if I've missed a big relevant chunk, but you can avoid charges on 3 by setting up Twitter mobile notifications, checking the accounts you want, and adding your number and it's free to receive the text that way.

1 hour ago, johnny-yen said:

Anyone got any ideas who The Very Best with Special Guests will be?  Saturday, West Holts, 7pm

The Very Best are a band/duo. The special guests are probably people they've collaborated with in the past, I wouldn't expect any songs from any other bands/artists.

13 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

You can still update the 4S to latest iOS.

When I go to Settings -> Software Update, it says "iOS 7.1.2. Your software is up to date."
And having said that, I doubt that will let me get secret Glastonbury texts anyway, seeing I am on EE. Tho ... maybe it would let me check Twitter easier.

Just catching up from the weekend, can someone please tell me I understand this correctly:

IFTT no longer sends texts. This is what I used last year, so I need an alternative.

Twitter sends texts if mobile notifications are turned on and a number has been put in, but does this work for EE?

12 minutes ago, big__phil said:

IFTT no longer sends texts. This is what I used last year, so I need an alternative.

I thought there had been a post in this thread earlier that explained how to make IFTT produce texts?  Hmmm, self edit - it seems they've stopped this, then.

12 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Twitter sends texts if mobile notifications are turned on and a number has been put in, >>>yes, if you also select the account to be followed too (think this is by clicking on the star by the account name<<< but does this work for EE? >>no<<< see link below

Supported networks:

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170024

Maybe take a 3 network PAYG or see who else has got a supported network, who'll send you texts?

So @bbcglasto just tweeted:

bbcglasto @bbcglasto  7m7 minutes ago

Morrissey performing at Glastonbury throughout the years: 1984, 2004, 2011 http://bbc.in/1r9FTkg 

With 3 pics, then quickly deleted it......I love Mozza but can't think he'd do anything 'secret', but here's hoping....!

Edit: Ah, they have tweeted it again with #blastfromtheglast so not so cryptic...

Edited by Levitz

4 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Usually when can we expect the Thursday William Green's secret acts to be 'known'? I'm hoping for Two Door Cinema Club, but if its not them I'll wanna be in Croissant Neuf for Mr B. 

Hard to tell.  They all leaked out at different times last year.  Keep your eyes peeled and follow all the social media.  SecretGlasto was powered by this forum last year.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hard to tell.  They all leaked out at different times last year.  Keep your eyes peeled and follow all the social media.  SecretGlasto was powered by this forum last year.

Cheers. Being on EE I don't think I can get texts at the festival tho. And I prob won't have internet connection. Maybe someone I'm there with will tho.

Edited by Little Andy

EE worked last year despite not being listed as a supported network on the Twitter support page.

EDIT: This message is displayed on Twitter.

With your current carrier, you will be able to receive text messages from Twitter, but will not be able to use Twitter over SMS.

So EE should be fine to receive Tweets, just won't be able to send tweets by SMS I would imagine.

Trying to test it now.

Edited by Andeeroo

57 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

EE worked last year despite not being listed as a supported network on the Twitter support page.

EDIT: This message is displayed on Twitter.

With your current carrier, you will be able to receive text messages from Twitter, but will not be able to use Twitter over SMS.

So EE should be fine to receive Tweets, just won't be able to send tweets by SMS I would imagine.

Trying to test it now.

Thanks. I await your response. I get the same message as you,  but also I when i try and 'Turn On Mobile Notifications' for SecretGlasto I get "Before you can receive mobile notifications for @secretglasto's Tweets, you need to enable the Tweet notification setting."

41 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Thanks. I await your response. I get the same message as you,  but also I when i try and 'Turn On Mobile Notifications' for SecretGlasto I get "Before you can receive mobile notifications for @secretglasto's Tweets, you need to enable the Tweet notification setting."

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for some reason. I'll keep looking for answers though.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All of you SMSers, have you considered taking your smartphone and a great big battery? That's what I'm going to do.

Nah. I enjoy getting away from all of that for 5 days. More crucially though, I don't trust myself to not damage/lose it so it's safer at home. Cheap £10 Nokia for me.

29 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for some reason. I'll keep looking for answers though.

Just having a quick look into this.

You should be able to set up an IFTTT recipe to sent a tweet to gmail, then use gmail filters to forward that to an email ( <mobile-number>@kapow.co.uk ) on a service like below & you'll end up with a text on your phone.

http://www.kapow.co.uk/services.html?view=send

You need to buy credits but it's not that pricey.

I haven't looked at the IFTTT bit yet though. I only say do IFTTT than sing twitter notification emails because you probably can make just the tweet be emailed with IFTTT rather than all the extra signatures that twitter would send.

Edited by Dukeicon

17 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Just having a quick look into this.

You should be able to set up an IFTTT recipe to sent a tweet to gmail, then use gmail filters to forward that to an email ( <mobile-number>@kapow.co.uk ) on a service like below & you'll end up with a text on your phone.

http://www.kapow.co.uk/services.html?view=send

You need to buy credits but it's not that pricey.

I haven't looked at the IFTTT bit yet though. I only say do IFTTT than sing twitter notification emails because you probably can make just the tweet be emailed with IFTTT rather than all the extra signatures that twitter would send.

Yeah, fortunately @stuartbert two hats has created an IFTTT recipe that will send an SMS when @secretglasto tweets so I will more than likely use that if I can't get the Twitter SMS service to work.

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Yeah, fortunately @stuartbert two hats has created an IFTTT recipe that will send an SMS when @secretglasto tweets so I will more than likely use that if I can't get the Twitter SMS service to work.

IFTTT has stopped sending SMS unless you opted in about a month ago, they have moved to IF Notifications (push notifications) within their app.

34 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

IFTTT has stopped sending SMS unless you opted in about a month ago, they have moved to IF Notifications (push notifications) within their app.

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do you know how to opt in?

I just tested your recipe Stu, modifying it to a different Twitter account and the SMS messages came through, albeit with a delay. I haven't done any opting in though.

36 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Surely it wouldn't let you set up a recipe for SMS alerts if they don't intend to send them...?