Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Perhaps because they wanted to be kept off it.

But also, perhaps, because it would take a bit of the Adele thunder. It doesn't seem unreasonable to hold it back.

Who knows if that's what they're doing tho? Not me.

Or maybe it wasn't set in stone for RH when the poster was released? Agreed upon, but a sub spot wasn't a complete priority when they have other headlining spots and their own gigs to still navigate around?

Or maybe it's K-Dot.

2 hours ago, mumzilla said:

Ellie Gouldings website has Glastonbury Pyramid stage listed on 26 June. So she's definitely on there, at some time. 

10 hours ago, Alan_C said:

I seem to remember she or someone from her camp has already indicated she is subbing Coldplay.

Yeah I had some news literally months ago regarding her positioning, and now I think that info was probably right

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Or maybe it wasn't set in stone for RH when the poster was released? Agreed upon, but a sub spot wasn't a complete priority when they have other headlining spots and their own gigs to still navigate around?

Or maybe it's K-Dot.

I think they'd hold it back for the reasons Neil said - also the roundhouse gigs weren't announced when the first poster was out right?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think they'd hold it back for the reasons Neil said - also the roundhouse gigs weren't announced when the first poster was out right?

IIRC, my mate was kicking off after she missed tickets to the Roundhouse, and said they must be the last Glastonbury headliner, because they wouldn't do fests all over and no UK fest with only small shows. Or maybe it was after she missed out on tickets to Prima or NOS or w/e, fests were announced before Adele confirmed anyway.

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

IIRC, my mate was kicking off after she missed tickets to the Roundhouse, and said they must be the last Glastonbury headliner, because they wouldn't do fests all over and no UK fest with only small shows. Or maybe it was after she missed out on tickets to Prima or NOS or w/e, fests were announced before Adele confirmed anyway.

http://www.gigsandtours.com/news/radiohead-announce-london-r-/2385

So radiohead tickets were announced and sold out before the lineup dropped

okay so that's my theory out of the window..

There's enough of us from here going to the Roundhouse on Friday to get everyone in the front row with t-shirts spelling out "THOM R U AT GLASTO?"

Actually there's so many us going we could probably spell "THE EFESTIVALS COMMUNITY REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW IF RADIOHEAD ARE PERFORMING AT GLASTONBURY 2016. PLEASE ADVISE."

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

http://www.gigsandtours.com/news/radiohead-announce-london-r-/2385

So radiohead tickets were announced and sold out before the lineup dropped

okay so that's my theory out of the window..

Even then, imagine Radiohead not wanting to be announced on a lineup in case they don't sell <10,000 tickets in London. :P

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

There's enough of us from here going to the Roundhouse on Friday to get everyone in the front row with t-shirts spelling out "THOM R U AT GLASTO?"

Actually there's so many us going we could probably spell "THE EFESTIVALS COMMUNITY REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW IF RADIOHEAD ARE PERFORMING AT GLASTONBURY 2016. PLEASE ADVISE."

If it's already confirmed by then that they're not subbing Adele, perhaps the eFests contingent can cheer themselves up by leading a rendition of Someone Like You as soon as Radiohead finish up.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Even then, imagine Radiohead not wanting to be announced on a lineup in case they don't sell <10,000 tickets in London. :P

If it's already confirmed by then that they're not subbing Adele, perhaps the eFests contingent can cheer themselves up by leading a rendition of Someone Like You as soon as Radiohead finish up.

Muse+Coldplay* not good enough for you?

*Yes, I'm aware that this comparison was far more apt about 15 years ago.

On 21/05/2016 at 11:55 PM, Alan_C said:

I think you're in a minority on here. Friday's clashes are so bad, that LCD on Sunday would be a dream for a lot of people.

(Shrugs) Not much that interests me on the Friday so far. Im sure there will be but at the minute LCD on Friday would be splendid, leaving me free for a bit of EW&F Sunday.

That said, as long as either are on the Sunday the big plus is having something Sunday evening to really look forward to. Makes a big difference to the energy levels on Sunday.

Edited by MEGABOWL

On 22 May 2016 at 0:06 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Has anyone allocated words/letters yet? I could wear the Ming from PERFORMING, if that helps.

Ben

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

(Shrugs) Not much that interests me on the Friday so far. Im sure there will be but at the minute LCD on Friday would be splendid, leaving me free for a bit of EW&F Sunday.

That said, as long as either are on the Sunday the big plus is having something Sunday evening to really look forward to. Makes a big difference to the energy levels on Sunday.

Yep, there's nothing better than having one of your favourites to look forward to on the last night. You know that however good a time you are having at any point during the festival, that there is something even better still to come.

I guess the last time it happened for me was nick cave in 2013 (albeit he was 2nd top). Though I was looking forward to massive attack the other year. Chems, not so much.

8 minutes ago, bennyboi said:

I thinks its been confirmed hes elsewhere that weekend. You might as well have put MJ on there. 

Kendrick is free that weekend. And he's possibly the second likeliest act to sub Adele after Radiohead as it stands.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And the other 1 was considered a massive disappointment when they played.

Really? I've only seen that from people who weren't overly familiar with The Libertines. They were never gonna give a polished performance, I thought they were brilliant and I seen a lot of positive reviews on here afterwards.

14 minutes ago, blackred said:

2/3 of that list were considered massive disappointments on here when they were announced.

As Jparx says, the original point wasn't related to that, it was about 'huge' acts which you can't deny they were.