John Peel Stage moving location

jackarmy

19 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That, and food vendors self confirming, has slowly become more important for me than line up reveal over the years. 

Agree.

The food was probably the clincher in Mrs Woffy deciding to go this year.

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Agreed. Unless someone who is having no trouble facing crowds suddenly decides that a bigger one on live telly is too much for her...

I've learned to let this go, Stu.

If it happens resulting in RH - massive bonus / boners all round.

Until then I'm content with having few plans this year and a good old bimble and plenty of T&C action, only making an effort to specifically see LCD, Peej, Daughter (if they should play, missus loves them), give NO a try and Grimes (who gets a gushing review from Kitty Empire in tbe Guardian today).

All that and tonnes of food n beer.

Sorted.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this move putting a little extra pressure on Hitchin Hill and Lime Kiln. They've been a god send for late arrivals (ie weds pm onwards) like myself but reckon this might make a few more set camp up there even though the move isn't massive.  Also as nice it is up there in the dark and relative quiet it can at times feel like you're outside the fence looking in so will be good to bring a bit more of the action up that way.

1 hour ago, **claire** said:

Our usual spot on Hitchin Hill is up for grabs as we move into the CV fields.  I was wondering the other day what effect this JP move will have on space / noise levels etc.

Was thinking the same, but depending what they do with the crew/staff camping behind woodsies there could be a whole load more public camping there.  Someone said that hospitality field was on the move outside the fence - although no idea on how accurate or source or that.

12 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Was thinking the same, but depending what they do with the crew/staff camping behind woodsies there could be a whole load more public camping there.  Someone said that hospitality field was on the move outside the fence - although no idea on how accurate or source or that.

part of it was in the interview with Emily Eavis { the link is on the first page of this thread }

regarding Glastonbury 2016. What are the plans? Arcadia’s moved around a lot the past few years?

Arcadia are staying where they are. It went really well. We’re moving John Peel, which is quite a dramatic move. It’s going to go into a field that was previously hospitality camping. Next to that there’s a woods where we’re going to be doing a light installation. I think the center of gravity [on site] will change again, because every time a massive stage moves it shifts the dynamic. From John Peel you’ll be able to walk straight to the Pyramid stage.

--------

Unless they are going to go Underground then there is a good possibility hospitality camping are shifted to the other side of the wall.

I would doubt there would be much extra public camping space - there is a huge complex driving down the Production road ' on the left hand side ' just before the current location of the JP Tent Marked Crew camping although it certainly did not look like Crew camping to me last year.

Time will tell what it ends up like.

One thing is for sure we don't know the real reason yet for the move.

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

I would doubt there would be much extra public camping space - there is a huge complex driving down the Production road ' on the left hand side ' just before the current location of the JP Tent Marked Crew camping although it certainly did not look like Crew camping to me last year.

Time will tell what it ends up like.

I was musing more than anything Brian - cant beat a bit of glastobating and speculation!  Im sure they will come up with something unexpected whatever they do :-)

• 1 month later...

OOo just seen on Glasto chat that Wickets is going to be smaller. Manor Ground will not be a public campsite (don;t remember hearing that name), crew camping for JP will be there Manor Ground was. Area near the Old JP will hopefully be a piblic camping ground, and wicket family will be smaller.... not a camper so hope the above makes sense

Manor Ground is a small field just to the west of Wicket that buts up to the fence, it's pretty much exactly where PGA used to be, and it's been used as family camping overspill the last couple of years. I heard that hospitality is doing a straight swap with JP, can't see them putting it outside the fence somehow. 

27 minutes ago, thenavyone said:

Someone on Fb said: but if you look for Red Gate (top, slightly to the left) then come down a tiny bit it says VG5 (vehicle gate 5). Manor Ground is the small rectangle of green between the VG5 symbol and Wicket Ground

24 minutes ago, jmarmer said:

Manor Ground is a small field just to the west of Wicket that buts up to the fence, it's pretty much exactly where PGA used to be, and it's been used as family camping overspill the last couple of years. I heard that hospitality is doing a straight swap with JP, can't see them putting it outside the fence somehow. 

I see where you mean now, just above woodies.  We camp around Hitchin area so it looks like there and Spring Ground shouldn't be effected to much

12 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

There was plenty of room even on Thursday last year....I suppose it all depends how much "smaller" is

It sounds to me like the family camping will be just in the main triangular-ish part of Wicket, without the extra bit off to the left of the gate. Last year, that could've easily happened without getting too crowded, so it shouldn't really be a problem, as long as there isn't a big increase in families wanting space. 

• 1 month later...

I'd say it's definitely smaller. Would be interesting to find out why it's been downsized, but I'd be almost certain that it's because it's rarely full. I think with it's even more remote/out of the way location on the site it is less likely to pick up crowds that just happen to be passing by so people will be heading there is they're actually off to see a specific artist.

OR it might be that the new location meant that they had less space for the same tent and that it simply required a scaling down in size.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much into this...