ME this evening

jackmca

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was that what you meant in the first place?

I don't even know what the Age of Aquarius is mate - not into star signs

all I know is that was the last 5 minutes of 40 Year Old Virgin - I didn't get it then and don't now!

I just meant it would be a momentous thing to have the Pyramid out at sea!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Michael give a talk on the history of glastonbury a the begining of october in Warminster, when asked about the move he said the main difficulty was co-ordinating the 20 + land owners who the festival rent land off, and implied that this was his main reason for looking at other places where they could own everything. he said "one of" the places he has his eye on was close to warminster, which tells me a new site is far from set in stone.

11 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Most festivals have to work hard to gain publicity.  The rumour mill does that perfectly well free of charge for Glastonbury.

Indeed. Look at Ryanair, they are experts at it, start a rumour saying you will have to pay a quid for the bog, the press pick it up and have a field day, free publicity for Ryanair.

ME is no different, the more weird or controversial the stuff he says is the more we/the papers pick up on it, perfect marketing.

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

:lol:

Someone once, a few years ago, said to me to ignore everything Michael said. It's difficult tho, cos everyone else doesn't. :P

I get the feeling he just says what people want to hear, when i saw him last month and he was asked about 2016 headliners, he looked slightly surprised and said "well you already know who one of them is, don't you?" as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, which at the time pointed strongly to Foo Fighters, however as that now looks less likely i really have no idea who he meant.

From the Gruaniad article...

Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis also addressed questions about the recent terror attacks in Paris. The 80-year-old said that he did not think the annual event would be a target “for that kind of thing” because of its distance from major cities, and added that organisers did not want to take extra precautions as a result. “We’ve already had a meeting with the police. We’ve gone all these years without any trouble at all. Hardly any violence, hardly any crime, and it would be a terrible, terrible shame if something is about to change,” he said.

This comes across as slightly naive to me.  What does the distance from major cities have to do with it?  The site is a city in itself.

12 hours ago, windy_miller said:

From the Gruaniad article...

This comes across as slightly naive to me.  What does the distance from major cities have to do with it?  The site is a city in itself.

Harder to get to? Has to take place on just five days rather than all year? Would the rest of the world care enough compared to say London getting attacked? Lots of reasons really.

8 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Harder to get to? Has to take place on just five days rather than all year? Would the rest of the world care enough compared to say London getting attacked? Lots of reasons really.

Also it's rather harder to get into than your average city (unless you have a ticket of course).

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The end "let the sunshine in" is the most uplifting piece of music of all time.

I will never understand anyone who doesn't like that part.

Some excellent bass playing there too, written by the session player.   I used to think that session players were soulless hacks, but then I found out more about them.  This documentary tells you more: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185418/

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Some excellent bass playing there too, written by the session player.   I used to think that session players were soulless hacks, but then I found out more about them.  This documentary tells you more: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185418/

And when you're done with that, get on this.