ME this evening

jackmca

Just now, Woffy said:

I believe 'total crap' was the phrase!

:lol:

I just googled the whole thing 

We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, "because it's total crap."

He compounded this by going on to remark that some of the earrings were "cheaper than an M&S prawn sandwich but probably wouldn't last as long"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

" The biggest problem for a move would, I think, be the licencing aspects. It probably would be the certain end of Glastonbury as a 24 hour festival. "

Shudders. But would ME/EE accept that. Its rather like accepting arguments that the festival should shrink to survive.

I think shrinking is logical in certain situations. But anyway....

I'd guess that if they were going to move it would be against what they'd prefer to do in an ideal world, so they'd already be somewhere where compromises were in play, so perhaps they'd be prepared to compromise over all-night stuff too.

But probably they see it as an important part, because they've had to put in a lot of work to enable that area to go all night, and it must take a fair budget to put on even if it's one of the smaller items in the budgets compared with the big stages.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Popular though he is, WrongBazza doesn't feel bigger than Dolly.

ELO tickets went like hotcakes last week, but given that the legend slot is mostly a 'cult of personality' affair, they're probably just a tad anonymous to be the total slamdunk that Meavis is hinting at.

From what I can see, I think he's saying that he likes the artist more than any others rather than hinting at a slamdunk.

Jeff Lynne and his ELO are on TFI tonight. I predict that Chris Evans will imply further that ELO are the Sunday legend and your #WrongBazza nonsense will be long forgotten. :P

5 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Has anyone considered Gilmour for the legends slot?

He has had his album out and been touring.... would make sense to me. I can see it being either him or Waters apparently Waters has another album out next year.

Don't think Gilmour will be playing - I think he is in Poland Glastonbury weekend  - and he won't be jetting back to play back to back shows

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

From what I can see, I think he's saying that he likes the artist more than any others rather than hinting at a slamdunk.

Jeff Lynne and his ELO are on TFI tonight. I predict that Chris Evans will imply further that ELO are the Sunday legend and your #WrongBazza nonsense will be long forgotten. :P

Bad preddiction. Would down vote if possible.

He was also asked about the possibility of the festival site being moved and he said that there is a possibility but hopes it doesn't happen and it is down to the gas pipes under the festival

why would the gas pipes be an issue now the festis been more crowded in the past....???