LCD Soundsystem....

mini-macc

7 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Yeah that is probably the most likely outcome, it was just it being written on the 'proper' setlist that threw me and raised my hopes. But it does make sense to have something between the chaos of Yeah and the intro of Someone Great.

Awesome set, I'd definitely take this for Glastonbury! Feel free to chuck in Yr City's A Sucker though James ^_^

They played the exact same setlist at the main festival:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lcd-soundsystem/2016/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-63fede97.html

i believe they were granted 1hr 35min so i would expect almost the exact same on the farm. They might drop one song from this or just play the lot with basically no stage banter at all and fast transitions between tracks.

I was quite hoping for the prince cover tho!

Edited by Memory Man

14 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Yeah that is probably the most likely outcome, it was just it being written on the 'proper' setlist that threw me and raised my hopes. But it does make sense to have something between the chaos of Yeah and the intro of Someone Great.

Get rid of 2,3 and 5, insert Freak Out / Starry Eyes, and drop the singing on Someone Great so it's not so fucking morbid and we have a winner. 

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Get rid of 2,3 and 5, insert Freak Out / Starry Eyes, and drop the singing on Someone Great so it's not so fucking morbid and we have a winner. 

Someone Great's probably my favourite song by LCD so i'll be a blubbering mess when they play it, although after seeing live videos of it i wasn't too impressed i must say - it's monotonous vocal delivery doesn't seem to lend itself well to a live environment

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Someone Great's probably my favourite song by LCD so i'll be a blubbering mess when they play it, although after seeing live videos of it i wasn't too impressed i must say - it's monotonous vocal delivery doesn't seem to lend itself well to a live environment

it's always a mystery to me why bands seem to avoid playing what I think are their best songs!

about 5 pages ago I joined this thread and said my shifts prevented me seeing the only band I really wanted to see.

just had a call from the boss offering me a Saturday swap to help someone else out.

so...

having said goodbye to the band in Cardiff and longed to see them again...

I can and will now go to the ball.....

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, ian the worm said:

about 5 pages ago I joined this thread and said my shifts prevented me seeing the only band I really wanted to see.

just had a call from the boss offering me a Saturday swap to help someone else out.

so...

great news :D  hope you have an absolute ball!

5 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

so...

Great news, well done! See you there!

Edited by mario man

2 hours ago, ian the worm said:

so...

Just don't lose a shoe! 

They were very, very good last night. Setlist stayed the same and they played for 90 mins so I reckon that'll be what we get at Glasto. 

Fair play to Al for doing an hour with Hot Chip (who were also very good) then 90 mins with LCD back to back. 

Mud is awful over here in Paris, so hopefully I'm getting that out of the way before Glastonbury weekend :wacko:

On 3 June 2016 at 10:13 PM, ian the worm said:

so...

Thank god for swapping w*nkers! 

See you front and centre! :)

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Got a drunk message from my mate at Primavera yesterday saying "LCD probably best bit of my life". Seems like good reviews coming from everyone.

A friend at primavera said to me they blew Radiohead out of the water in comparison 

Good to see some big reviews 

Edited by Mezhyp1

Am I wrong in thinking there's a real possibility of a secret set here? They seem to be into playing some small gigs this tour, just like Primavera last week, they don't have anything else planned for the weekend and at least parts of the band will definitely be at the festival on the other days as well... 

Saw them on Thursday night at Primavera and they were absolutely brilliant. The festival itself produced so many amazing sets, but this was definitely up there with Radiohead. One of the funnest 2 hours of live music I've ever experienced. We're in for good times on Sunday night.

7 hours ago, ThomZorke said:

Am I wrong in thinking there's a real possibility of a secret set here? They seem to be into playing some small gigs this tour, just like Primavera last week, they don't have anything else planned for the weekend and at least parts of the band will definitely be at the festival on the other days as well... 

i don't suppose we could rule it out.  perhaps a Murphy and/or Mahoney DJ set somewhere too?

• Upvote 1