Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How busy in Jungle into Earth, Wind and Fire going to be there

Don't panic, Mez, there'll be a Ben-sized hole for you to dance in!

EW&F - might have been interested in the 80's!

Jungle - by Jiminy they're boring buggers! I have nothing against a single-idea groove (I've danced for 4 hours to The Field's looping FFS!), but Jungle...I just don't get it. The Emperor has no clothes on...

;)

Ben

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How busy in Jungle into Earth, Wind and Fire going to be there

ha yeah you're not wrong - probably where i'd end up too (maybe Wilco)

typing that out, it also came to my head that BMTH could easily sub The 1975 - both are pretty interchangeable as Other headliners imo

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Don't panic, Mez, there'll be a Ben-sized hole for you to dance in!

EW&F - might have been interested in the 80's!

Jungle - by Jiminy they're boring buggers! I have nothing against a single-idea groove (I've danced for 4 hours to The Field's looping FFS!), but Jungle...I just don't get it. The Emperor has no clothes on...

;)

Ben

i think Jungle are absolute pish on record, but i've managed to catch them live twice and they really are great and a lot of fun, even if they are essentially playing the same song over and over

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

gave it a stab. uneven amount of bands on each stage 'cause i got bored/mind went blank/couldn't be arsed, and some of the placings are off 'cause i just stuck stuff wherever i felt as they came to my head

Saturday:

Py: Adele, The Weeknd, The Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey, Kaiser Chiefs, Bat For Lashes

OS: New Order, Major Lazer, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, Slaves

WH: Underworld, Four Tet, Kamasi Washington, Action Bronson

JP: Beck, The Horrors, Bill Ryder-Jones, Blossoms

Pa: Explosions In The Sky, Deerhunter, Sky Ferreira, Alvvays

that's a horrific 3-way clash for me on Saturday - New Order - Beck - Underworld :( already know the boy wants to see New Order so I dread who they will clash with!!

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

ha yeah you're not wrong - probably where i'd end up too (maybe Wilco)

typing that out, it also came to my head that BMTH could easily sub The 1975 - both are pretty interchangeable as Other headliners imo

i think Jungle are absolute pish on record, but i've managed to catch them live twice and they really are great and a lot of fun, even if they are essentially playing the same song over and over

Ben your ears have failed you, Jungle are a triumph, especially live, they are tremendous good fun 

I didn't even notice Four Tet into Underworld on the Saturday, I'd be at WH a lot there, and I was be absolutely dancing a lot 

Just now, shoptildrop said:

that's a horrific 3-way clash for me on Saturday - New Order - Beck - Underworld :( already know the boy wants to see New Order so I dread who they will clash with!!

Aye, same here.

I'm pretty certain that Underworld will be there, and they'll headline a stage one night - so that's a clash.

Hopefully Beck won't add to the clashes, he needs to be booked though!

3 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Aye, same here.

I'm pretty certain that Underworld will be there, and they'll headline a stage one night - so that's a clash.

Hopefully Beck won't add to the clashes, he needs to be booked though!

I'm hoping Beck will be a sub or 3rd somewhere as more chance of seeing him :)

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

gave it a stab. uneven amount of bands on each stage 'cause i got bored/mind went blank/couldn't be arsed, and some of the placings are off 'cause i just stuck stuff wherever i felt as they came to my head

Friday:

Py: Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, ZZ Top, Will Smith, John Grant

OS: Disclosure, Bastille, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Beirut, Charli XCX

WH: James Blake, Grimes, Hudson Mohawke, Vince Staples

JP: Bloc Party, Catfish & The Bottlemen

Pa: M83, Beach House, Daughter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Saturday:

Py: Adele, The Weeknd, The Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey, Kaiser Chiefs, Bat For Lashes

Sunday:

Py: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Kodaline, Father John Misty

OS: Bring Me The Horizon, The 1975, James Bay, Wild Beasts

WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Jungle, Blood Orange

JP: Haim, Boy Better Know, Jack Garratt, MØ

Pa: Wilco, Mac DeMarco, Destroyer, Savages, Ty Segall

Will Smith, Cathfish, Bloc Party

THSP, Y&Ys, Jess Glynne

James Bay, piss around then Arcadia. Sunday poor for me.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

jesus, finally all your bickering over certain acts playing makes sense

Oh come on lol, not like you put out the best lineup to actually choose from, you have 8 boring or rubbish headers over all the stages imo obvs and not much different to subs.

Yes I think quality of music these days in bollocks to what was about a few years ago now.....and yes sometimes I like some cheesy indie rock to just dance about to and I know a year or 2 down the line I won't care for them.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh come on lol, not like you put out the best lineup to actually choose from, you have 8 boring or rubbish headers over all the stages imo obvs and not much different to subs.

Yes I think quality of music these days in bollocks to what was about a few years ago now.....and yes sometimes I like some cheesy indie rock to just dance about to and I know a year or 2 down the line I won't care for them.

i just picked something i thought was realistic rather than choosing the best acts ever to fill it in, although granted i'm shite with choosing lower down Other/JP acts as they're usually not my kind of thing at all

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm curious as to who you would pick (realistically) for Headers and Subs on the top stages. 

6 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Gazza shut up that'd be a great line up. For me:

UMO, LCD, Radiohead

PJ Harvey, TLSP, Beck

Tame Impala, Mac Demarco, Wilco

Won't see me complaining about that.

You hit on the line there, for you!...I didn't say no one could like it lol.

I get it, make a 6music lineup and you're there, not really bothered by a lot of 6 music stuff to be frank....I'd never choose to listen to it.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i just picked something i thought was realistic rather than choosing the best acts ever to fill it in, although granted i'm shite with choosing lower down Other/JP acts as they're usually not my kind of thing at all

I'm not saying you're bad for choosing that, just not for me.

1 minute ago, theDandy said:

I asked him yesterday and he never responded

Because most things I would be interest in Pyramid header wise has been done or are shit now, Coldplay back in 2010/11 would be one and were, Muse would have. I guess RHCP minus Stadium Arcadium/Raindance rubbish. Bloc Party would so I picked them, if The Prodigy were on it for Other closer I'd have chosen them, if Janelle was bumped upto WHs header maybe I'd have picked her.

I'd possibly do New Order but I've seen them so Adele would intrugue me more.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Because most things I would be interest in Pyramid header wise has been done or are shit now, Coldplay back in 2010/11 would be one and were, Muse would have. I guess RHCP minus Stadium Arcadium/Raindance rubbish. Bloc Party would so I picked them, if The Prodigy were on it for Other closer I'd have chosen them, if Janelle was bumped upto WHs header maybe I'd have picked her.

I'd possibly do New Order but I've seen them so Adele would intrugue me more.

Are you at College?

27 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Are you at College?

Haha no but the general concesous on here seems to be that if you don't like what 6music plays then you're wrong. I love the park area but never found a great amount to see on it, Wolf Alice year being a rarity, and WHs is very similar. But then I've been for that long anyway I don't care as long as I have a few acts.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Friday:

Py: Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, ZZ Top, Will Smith, John Grant

OS: Disclosure, Bastille, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Beirut, Charli XCX

WH: James Blake, Grimes, Hudson Mohawke, Vince Staples

JP: Bloc Party, Catfish & The Bottlemen

Pa: M83, Beach House, Daughter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Saturday:

Sunday:

Py: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Kodaline, Father John Misty

OS: Bring Me The Horizon, The 1975, James Bay, Wild Beasts

WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Jungle, Blood Orange, Floating Points

JP: Haim, Boy Better Know, Jack Garratt, MØ

Pa: Wilco, Mac DeMarco, Destroyer, Savages, Ty Segall

Will Smith > CHVRCHES > LCD Soundsystem > Radiohead

PJ Harvey > TLSP > Four Tet/Horrors > New Order/Beck

ELO > Tame Impala > Fuck knows (Coldplay for now out of interest, but I haven't listened to EWF or Wilco)

Tbh I may use Sat/Sun to see the Arcadia show or go to the SE corner early.