Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

You have peeked my interest young Ben. I shall give them a listen.

Piqued. But only corrected because I love you, Gnomy (and I'm a pedantic arse).

37 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Couldn't have put it better. There's also no wrong place to start, all their records are great.

I'd agree other than to say that I wouldn't start with Take Care, Take Care, Take Care, Tuna. Though I put it on the other day on lovely vinyl and it is very good.

If I was 'advising' a newbie, I think I'd say The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place and/or All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone are your gateway drugs to EITS!

New record pre-ordered on a rather beautiful limited vinyl. There are four (five?) variants, all on sale in different places. Mine is from the record label. Two shades of blue. Yum.

:)

Ben

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

You have peeked my interest young Ben. I shall give them a listen.

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

If I was 'advising' a newbie, I think I'd say The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place and/or All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone are your gateway drugs to EITS!

I'd secondly advise this too, very much so. What would your favourite song by them be Ben? 'The Only Moment We Were Alone' is just fantastic.

On 1/19/2016 at 1:39 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

FRI

Pyramid:
Muse
Tame Impala
ZZ Top
PJ Harvey

Other:
New Order 
The Last Shadow Puppets
Sufjan Stevens

JP: 
Robyn 
Run The Jewels
Skepta/Stormzy

Park: 
M83 
Beach House 
Julia Holter 

WH:
Jamiroquai 
Four Tet 

SAT

Pyramid: 
Adele 
The Weeknd
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club

Other: 
LCD Soundsystem 
Beck
Of Monsters and Men

JP:
Bloc Party
Savages
Unknown Mortal Orchestra 

Park: 
Explosions in the Sky
Deerhunter 
Kurt Vile and the Violators

WH: 
James Blake
Kasami Washington 

Sun
Pyramid: 
Coldplay 
Ellie Goulding
Jeff Lynne's ELO 

Other: 
Bring me the Horizon
Chvrches 
Years and Years 

JP: 
Underworld 
Grimes
Hudson Hohawke

Park: 
Wilco
The Coral
Mac de Marco

WH:
Sigur Ros 
Bat for Lashes  

Apart from maybe one or two, this is entirely based on who's touring and who I think will be there, the placings may be a little off mind you 

So clash heavy but probably would be:
Fri: PJ Harvey > Sufjan > Beach House > M83
Sat: Two Door > UMO > Beck > LCD Soundsystem
Sun: Mac De Marco > Bat for Lashes > Sigur Ros

Preeeety Good

On 1/19/2016 at 1:39 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

FRI

Pyramid:
Muse
Tame Impala

ZZ Top
PJ Harvey

Other:
New Order 
The Last Shadow Puppets
Sufjan Stevens

JP: 
Robyn 
Run The Jewels

Skepta/Stormzy

Park: 
M83 
Beach House 
Julia Holter 

WH:
Jamiroquai 
Four Tet 

SAT

Pyramid: 
Adele 
The Weeknd
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club

Other: 
LCD Soundsystem 
Beck

Of Monsters and Men

JP:
Bloc Party
Savages

Unknown Mortal Orchestra 

Park: 
Explosions in the Sky
Deerhunter 
Kurt Vile and the Violators

WH: 
James Blake
Kasami Washington 

Sun
Pyramid: 
Coldplay 
Ellie Goulding
Jeff Lynne's ELO 

Other: 
Bring me the Horizon
Chvrches 
Years and Years 

JP: 
Underworld 
Grimes

Hudson Hohawke

Park: 
Wilco
The Coral
Mac de Marco

WH:
Sigur Ros 
Bat for Lashes  

Welcome to clash central.

• 2 weeks later...
Friday 1 2 3 4
Pyramid Radiohead Foals ZZ Top Last Shadow Puppets
Other LCD Soundsystem Sigur Ros Chvrches Wild Beasts
JP HAIM Jose Gonzalez Action Bronson Turin Breaks
Park Robyn Battles Floating Points Unknown Mortal Orchestra
WH Jamie XX Flume Blood Orange Nao

Saturday 1 2 3 4
Pyramid Adele The Weeknd PJ Harvey Jeff Lynne's ELO
Other New Order Bastille Years and Years Jess Glynne
JP James Blake The Coral Father John Misty Jack Garratt
Park Deerhunter Beach House Daughter Julia Holter
WH Earth Wind And Fire Kamasi Washington Grimes Jagwar Ma

Friday 1 2 3 4
Pyramid Coldplay Ellie Goulding Tame Impala Barry Manilow
Other Bring Me The Horizon The 1975 Of Monsters And Men Wolf Alice
JP Bloc Party Savages Skepta Stormzy
Park Explosions In The Sky M83 Four Tet Benjamin Clementine
WH Damian 'Jr. Gong' Marley Pusha T Vince Staples Mura Masa

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Radiohead vs LCD Soundsystem? no, that cannot fucking happen and i refuse to believe they'd let it happen

Sigur Ros also aren't gonna sub LCD on Other, as much of a dream as that would be - they're Other headliners in their own right

LCD Soundsystem are apparently set for being Other headliner on friday. So it either means LCD vs Radiohead clash is happening or Radiohead aren't headlining

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

LCD Soundsystem are apparently set for being Other headliner on friday. So it either means LCD vs Radiohead clash is happening or Radiohead aren't headlining

LCD aren't set for anything - Neil has heard that New Order are headlining the Saturday, and one of the other current favourites (BMTH) can only do Sunday, which leaves LCD for the Friday. any of that could prove to be wrong (LCD could end up not even headlining Other). plus, considering the current Pyramid headliner mix up (aka the Muse not headlining talk) who's to say Radiohead wouldn't be on the Saturday?

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD aren't set for anything - Neil has heard that New Order are headlining the Saturday, and one of the other current favourites (BMTH) can only do Sunday, which leaves LCD for the Friday. any of that could prove to be wrong (LCD could end up not even headlining Other). plus, considering the current Pyramid headliner mix up (aka the Muse not headlining talk) who's to say Radiohead wouldn't be on the Saturday?

what is this Muse not headlining talk? I'm excited!

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

what is this Muse not headlining talk? I'm excited!

Neil has had info from one of his sources that Muse will be playing the Pyramid stage but not headlining. sounds ludicrous and i'm not sure whether to buy in to it, but we're all trying (and failing) to figure out what it could possibly mean over in the Muse thread

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil has had info from one of his sources that Muse will be playing the Pyramid stage but not headlining. sounds ludicrous and i'm not sure whether to buy in to it, but we're all trying (and failing) to figure out what it could possibly mean over in the Muse thread

Legends slot. Just imagine

19 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

But didn't he also say muse won't be on the same day as radiohead? I think it would either be muse headline or no muse and I have a stronger feeling it will be no muse.

unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say it, i feel the more likely outcome would be no Radiohead and Muse are topping the bill. it's just hard to look past all the various sources/tabloids having them down as a headliner, whereas there hasn't been anything pointing to it being Radiohead (apart from their tour dates)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say it, i feel the more likely outcome would be no Radiohead and Muse are topping the bill. it's just hard to look past all the various sources/tabloids having them down as a headliner, whereas there hasn't been anything pointing to it being Radiohead (apart from their tour dates)

Has there been a moment in Radiohead's history where they have not appeared at Glastonbury in some capacity following the release of one of their albums? Legitimate question. I'm fairly sure they have appeared in some capacity.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I think neither and I'm still hoping that this is correct (not that i trust the mirror or any newspaper) but mainly just for hope.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/glasto-your-way-fleetwood-mac-6663238

Kinda odd how the rumours for them died down completely but i got a feeling they could be announced and no one will expect it!

1 minute ago, shorttooth said:

Has there been a moment in Radiohead's history where they have not appeared at Glastonbury in some capacity following the release of one of their albums? Legitimate question. I'm fairly sure they have appeared in some capacity.

didn't appear after In Rainbows (2007) - not until 2010 anyway (which was only Thom and Jonny). apart from that, yeah they've been there after every album. 13 years since they last headlined though - they must realise it's long overdue and any thoughts on them being the 'house band' are long gone

2 minutes ago, Chris Lfc said:

I think neither and I'm still hoping that this is correct (not that i trust the mirror or any newspaper) but mainly just for hope.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/glasto-your-way-fleetwood-mac-6663238

Kinda odd how the rumours for them died down completely but i got a feeling they could be announced and no one will expect it!

i don;t think they've announced any tour dates for this year have they? so until they do i think they can be written off entirely

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

didn't appear after In Rainbows (2007) - not until 2010 anyway (which was only Thom and Jonny). apart from that, yeah they've been there after every album. 13 years since they last headlined though - they must realise it's long overdue and any thoughts on them being the 'house band' are long gone

i don;t think they've announced any tour dates for this year have they? so until they do i think they can be written off entirely

Announced nothing as of yet, hopefully that will change! I have abit of hope it will be them.

gave it a stab. uneven amount of bands on each stage 'cause i got bored/mind went blank/couldn't be arsed, and some of the placings are off 'cause i just stuck stuff wherever i felt as they came to my head

Friday:

Py: Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, ZZ Top, Will Smith, John Grant

OS: Disclosure, Bastille, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Beirut, Charli XCX

WH: James Blake, Grimes, Hudson Mohawke, Vince Staples

JP: Bloc Party, Catfish & The Bottlemen

Pa: M83, Beach House, Daughter, Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Saturday:

Py: Adele, The Weeknd, The Last Shadow Puppets, PJ Harvey, Kaiser Chiefs, Bat For Lashes

OS: New Order, Major Lazer, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, Slaves

WH: Underworld, Four Tet, Kamasi Washington, Action Bronson

JP: Beck, The Horrors, Bill Ryder-Jones, Blossoms

Pa: Explosions In The Sky, Deerhunter, Sky Ferreira, Alvvays

Sunday:

Py: Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Tame Impala, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Kodaline, Father John Misty

OS: Bring Me The Horizon, The 1975, James Bay, Wild Beasts

WH: Earth, Wind & Fire, Jungle, Blood Orange, Floating Points

JP: Haim, Boy Better Know, Jack Garratt, MØ

Pa: Wilco, Mac DeMarco, Destroyer, Savages, Ty Segall

Edited by FloorFiller