Stage Predictions 2016

Gucci Piggy

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Justice vs New Order would be painful too.

That's the one that sticks out for me. Would also be gutted to miss HAIM on Friday but I'd be at LCD.

Other thing to note is that I'd almost be guaranteed to be going home on Monday without much of a hangover/comedown based on those headliners. Although Wilco would be a nice way to end the weekend.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

haven't done any shows since 2014, but new album due this year apparently. guess they're gonna tour eventually so not impossible that they could make an appearance

If they do I shall be there with proverbial bells on, I shall not be getting excited about their possibility though as its still rather unlikely in my eyes 

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Heheh I wish. I just predict ZZ every year until it's ruled out but I guess we've come up trumps this year!

Jamiroquai is something that I think should happen but nothing is pointing towards it. No idea why they're not scooping up paychecks with the festival scene as backward-looking as it is right now.

You're just being modest you! It is very odd in terms of Jamiroquai they only seem to do the odd gig in Eastern Europe or Dubai or somewhere? Very odd. Would love to see them at Glastonbury, a massive guilty pleasure.

I always thought Jamiroquai were a bit shit and J-Kay (Jay-K ?) a total knobhead.

I then saw them support Stevie Wonder (Hyde Park 2010) and was totally won over. Jay-K's arrogance transforms into charisma on stage, and bizarrely he actually came across as quite humble and the band are obviously great musicians. I think they'd be a great addition to the bill.

Friday

Py: Muse, Tame Impala, ZZ Top, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Cypress Hill, Jack Garratt

Os: LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, Chvrches, Two Door Cinema Club, Cold War Kids, Coasts

Wh: D'angelo, Pusha T, Toro Y Moi, The Internet, The E-Collective, Pat Thomas and Kwashibu Area Band

Ps: Beach house, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Bat for Lashes, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Gary Clark Jr., Nathan Ratliff & the Night Sweats

JP: Haim, ASAP Rocky, Purity Ring, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Villagers, Fidlar

Saturday

Py: Adele, Ellie Goulding, Major Lazer, The 1975, Years & Years, Marina & The Diamonds

Os: Disclosure, BMTH, The Last Shadow Puppets, Of Monsters & Men, Jess Glynne, Slaves

Wh: Earth, Wind & Fire, Kamasi Washington, Vince Staples, Mbongwana Star, Holly Herndon, Too Many T's

Ps: M83, Mac DeMarco, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Benjamin Clementine, hinds, Will Varley

Jp: Underworld, Robyn, Kula Shaker, Cage the Elephant, Alessia Cara, Viet Cong

Sunday

Py: Coldplay, Faithless, The Weeknd, Diana Ross, PJ Harvey, John Grant

Os: New Order, Kendrick Lamar, Sufjan Stevens, Jamie XX, Wolf Alice, Eagles of Death Metal

Wh: Grimes, Halsey, BADBADNOTGOOD, Tycho, Gogo Penguin, John Butler Trio

Ps: Explosions in the Sky, Floating Points, Deerhunter, Julia Holter, Ex Hex, They Might Be Giants

Jp: Bloc Party, Melody's Echo Chamber, a run of Grime artists (Stormzy, Skepta, Boy Better Know) Sundara Karma

Here's a really hopeful lineup prediction so everyone can get disappointed when it's actually announced.

Edited by Acid_Haze

17 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday

Py: Muse, Tame Impala, ZZ Top, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Cypress Hill, Jack Garratt

Os: LCD Soundsystem, Bastille, Chvrches, Two Door Cinema Club, Cold War Kids, Coasts

Wh: D'angelo, Pusha T, Toro Y Moi, The Internet, The E-Collective, Pat Thomas and Kwashibu Area Band

Ps: Beach house, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Bat for Lashes, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Gary Clark Jr., Nathan Ratliff & the Night Sweats

Saturday

Py: Adele, Ellie Goulding, Major Lazer, The 1975, Years & Years, Marina & The Diamonds

Os: Disclosure, BMTH, The Last Shadow Puppets, Of Monsters & Men, Jess Glynne, Slaves

Wh: Earth, Wind & Fire, Kamasi Washington, Vince Staples, Mbongwana Star, Holly Herndon, Too Many T's

Ps: M83, Mac DeMarco, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Benjamin Clementine, hinds, Will Varley

Sunday

Os: New Order, Kendrick Lamar, Sufjan Stevens, Jamie XX, Wolf Alice, Eagles of Death Metal

Ps: Explosions in the Sky, Floating Points, Deerhunter, Julia Holter, Ex Hex, They Might Be Giants

Jp: Bloc Party, Melody's Echo Chamber, a run of Grime artists (Stormzy, Skepta, Boy Better Know) Sundara Karma

Here's a really hopeful lineup prediction so everyone can get disappointed when it's actually announced.

That s a disappointment lol. Robyn subbed JP last time, probably isn't happening again but I'd take it for the darkness. Likewise I don't see Faithless subbing Coldplay again, Faithless will be Friday for me. Kendrick would have to headline Other and even I agree that there is a lot more chance that BMTH being in that top spot that Disclosure. Your JP headers are probably spot on bar maybe Underworld doing a bit bigger set outdoors, nothing bigger than WHs mind. But Friday I'd go Arcadia after Catfish and Chvrches, Saturday Y&Y, TLSP, Robyn and Adele for a bit before the last half of Underworld and Sunday I'd do what I usually do and potter around the circus fields as it's usually shite acts wise early on then do Faithless and Bloc Party, based on that.

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Oh yes please Diana Ross and Earth Wind and Fire on the same weekend, amazing 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That Sunday Other lineup is definitely too good to be true. I would be at that stage from start to finish and would have absolutely no regrets about doing so.

having to pick between that and the Park that day would absolutely kill me. it's definitely a good thing that the lineups aren't ever that strong as it would cause me to go crazy over the decisions i'd have to make. the couple of clashes i do experience are bad enough - never mind an entire day's worth (and not including the other two days)

Friday afternoon in the Park looks lovely before I have to leg it to the Pyramid for ZZ. Then off to Avalon to try and find a headliner. 

I like the way you've made Saturday at the Pyramid so incomprehensibly appalling that it can be avoided all day.

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Friday afternoon in the Park looks lovely before I have to leg it to the Pyramid for ZZ. Then off to Avalon to try and find a headliner. 

I like the way you've made Saturday at the Pyramid so incomprehensibly appalling that it can be avoided all day.

I never seem to predict the Pyramid right, I did one for last year and my pyramid predictions seemed to repulse everyone

20 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

it's times like these when all the possible names start coming together in to people's predictions that i start shitting myself over the possible clashes. i mean, we're miles off yet and have no idea of half of these acts touring schedules, but shit, if some of these clashes happened i may cry

Chances are this prediction is way better than the lineup will be unfortunately. It's more like a 2016 wishlist that could happen but probably won't

Edited by Acid_Haze