Gucci Piggy

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sisco said:

You do realise them highlighted points show that I didn't say YOU said it!! Christ, how stupid are u?!!

No I didn't you fool, the top clearly says sisco says.......which at one point back in the day wasn't just rolling garbage!

I stated acts that are to Ellie and vice versa to do it and dod NOT mention FLO! How does you mentioning about Flo getting a bump up to header like knew she would and being included in the rest YOU saying are bigger than Ellie G not make you realise YOU typed it?! FFS read the page! It's there is black and bloody white!

Anyway fuck all this and your idiotic shite.

Gah I just started off doing a new stage prediction now things have changed a little in the past couple of weeks and it was just so depressing that I had to delete it as it wouldn't benefit anyone. I am already looking forward to April when the poster comes out and hits us with a load of exciting acts.

The sub position was one I had trouble with though. Now popular choices Noel Gallagher, Kendrick Lamar and Faithless are out of the mix I can't really think. The one I was most confident on - Ellie Goulding - I could see playing third down instead now her ascent has slowed a little. Who have we been largely overlooking? The 1975? The Weeknd? The xx? The Buggler? Someone exciting?

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Gah I just started off doing a new stage prediction now things have changed a little in the past couple of weeks and it was just so depressing that I had to delete it as it wouldn't benefit anyone. I am already looking forward to April when the poster comes out and hits us with a load of exciting acts.

The sub position was one I had trouble with though. Now popular choices Noel Gallagher, Kendrick Lamar and Faithless are out of the mix I can't really think. The one I was most confident on - Ellie Goulding - I could see playing third down instead now her ascent has slowed a little. Who have we been largely overlooking? The 1975? The Weeknd? The xx? The Buggler? Someone exciting?

Jake Bugg was one I was thinking of too, sadly. Also they're not quite big enough but maybe Tame Impala?

Are Faithless ruled out or is just because of them playing IOW?

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Jake Bugg was one I was thinking of too, sadly. Also they're not quite big enough but maybe Tame Impala?

Are Faithless ruled out or is just because of them playing IOW?

I'm unsure that Bugg would get bookings like his summer last year, particularly because of how unimpressively it went over. I dunno though, the Second Bugging might be upon us next summer when he releases his danceable new album.

And, well, Faithless aren't proper ruled out or anything but they're headlining a competitor festival and any crack they could slip through to play a lower slot at Glastonbury will have been sealed up in the contract I should think. Plus they're so far past relevant that I would be saddened to see Glasto go in for them again anyway and it's probably just lack of names that led to them being suggested in the first place.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'm unsure that Bugg would get bookings like his summer last year, particularly because of how unimpressively it went over. I dunno though, the Second Bugging might be upon us next summer when he releases his danceable new album.

And, well, Faithless aren't proper ruled out or anything but they're headlining a competitor festival and any crack they could slip through to play a lower slot at Glastonbury will have been sealed up in the contract I should think. Plus they're so far past relevant that I would be saddened to see Glasto go in for them again anyway and it's probably just lack of names that led to them being suggested in the first place.

It's a shame he headlined the Other stage last time as his new album would be perfect if they go with similar Other stage headliners to this year.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We could finally start being optimistic and predict somebody like The National, Bon Iver or Sigur Ros to be there (albeit I think Sigur Ros would headline Other).

Someone (may have been you) said there were other festivals that would probably book The National over Glastonbury weekend, and I think somebody said today that those festivals are now ruled out for them, so it looks a bit more likely.

Not sure Glastonbury would bother booking them in 2016 though if they didn't in the last two years whilst they were actually playing new-ish material.

FWIW I had Faithless, Ellie Goulding and Kendrick Lamar as my subs, and changed that to Faithless, Emeli Sande, Ellie Goulding, but I'm unsure about whether IOW will rule Faithless out (and I agree it'd be a shite booking).

Imagine Dragons? TDCC if their return actually does give them the boost to major fest subs?

10 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

We could finally start being optimistic and predict somebody like The National, Bon Iver or Sigur Ros to be there (albeit I think Sigur Ros would headline Other).

Someone (may have been you) said there were other festivals that would probably book The National over Glastonbury weekend, and I think somebody said today that those festivals are now ruled out for them, so it looks a bit more likely.

Not sure Glastonbury would bother booking them in 2016 though if they didn't in the last two years whilst they were actually playing new-ish material.

FWIW I had Faithless, Ellie Goulding and Kendrick Lamar as my subs, and changed that to Faithless, Emeli Sande, Ellie Goulding, but I'm unsure about whether IOW will rule Faithless out (and I agree it'd be a shite booking).

Imagine Dragons? TDCC if their return actually does give them the boost to major fest subs?

Says a lot about Imagine Dragons that if they were to replace one of the Faithless, Emeli Sande, Ellie Goulding trio it would probably be worse. 

I'm assuming there's no chance of The Prodigy subbing? I remember reading on here that the Chemical Brothers were offered a sub slot in 2011.

Edit: Also is Beck an option? I was thinking more third down for him but he's a hard one to place.

Edited by kingcrawler

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

It's a shame he headlined the Other stage last time as his new album would be perfect if they go with similar Other stage headliners to this year.

Yep. At least if he does take a tumble down the lineup then there'll be a West Holts headline slot welcoming him with open arms.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Ayy Em Sandé isn't a bad shout at all actually. Maybe TDCC if the person who said they'd sub R+L is right, but that wasn't the same person that said Imagine Dragons and The 1975 would sub so not so sure - it does seem a bit of a big gig for them. Imagine Dragons certainly wouldn't have the recognition to sub Glastonbury as they might at R+L but I think The 1975 would, their new album could see them hit another level. These are all major depressing though and even the ones you mentioned at the top I'd much rather see headline the Other than open for any of the shite Pyramid headliners next year.

I just see it as Faithless headlining another festival ergo not playing Glastonbury to be honest. People said the same with The Prodigy last year that because they're 'only coheadlining' that they could play Glastonbury yet they didn't even though there was no explicit exclusivity. If the 'only coheadliners' thing is right then you could bring back that thing about the Foals keyboard player 'self confirming' Glasto to some fan on tour. :P

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm assuming there's no chance of The Prodigy subbing? I remember reading on here that the Chemical Brothers were offered a sub slot in 2011.

There might be, this time around. I think that Chem Bros came from something written on the Other Stage bio on the Glasto pages but I'm sure The Prodigy would be a popular choice - much moreso than Faithless I'd reckon.

Edited by dentalplan

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Imagine Dragons more than likely will be at reading which might not make them too likely, TDCC return/new album would need to be a big hit to put them in the frame for subbing I'd think 

I really couldn't think for subs at all, Ellie G looks an obvious choice of its Adele, I opted for ELO before Coldplay, if they aren't going to play the legend slot I could definitely see them subbing, I'm sure no one would have guessed The Libertines and Paul Weller last year, mostly due to the circumstances of how they came around

Bon Iver maybe? If the are going to be back in the uk, it's a bit of a hike up thug and would be much more suited to other headline

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There might be, this time around. I think that Chem Bros came from something written on the Other Stage bio on the Glasto pages but I'm sure The Prodigy would be a popular choice - much moreso than Faithless I'd reckon.

Hmm, obviously they seem more likely to headline the Other stage if they play but we seem to have more options for that so I suppose they could end up subbing. Not sure if they'd accept that though given it wouldn't be in darkness.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Hmm, obviously they seem more likely to headline the Other stage if they play but we seem to have more options for that so I suppose they could end up subbing. Not sure if they'd accept that though given it wouldn't be in darkness.

Yeah obviously they'd be much better for closing out the Other Stage but we're just spitballing here I suppose. Going back to the Tame Impala suggestion that I missed up the page, I don't think it's too wild a shout considering the shows they're packing out now so they're probably in the market for slots like that at major fests. I could see that happening for sure.

Seeing all his names that could sub is really quite depressing at this time of the morning!! 

If the legend spot is Barry Manilow (as feared) it could well be ELO under Coldplay, didn't Emily Eavis mention something about getting someone on the Sunday they didn't think they could? 

I certainly for 1 think Biffy Clyro could headline but with the comments from Neil about Glastonbury not seeing them as big enough does that bring them into possible Sub thinking? (If rumours are to believed they tour next Oct/Nov so it's very good publicity)

Now this is going to sound more ridiculous than most...... Didn't Neil mention the Spice Girls for IOW?!

i was pitching the likes of Prodigy, TDCC, Imagine Dragons, The 1975 as Other possible headers/subs, guessing  they have to be in with a shout. (As well as Ellie Goulding, always said she needed a bump up......)

Friday

Pyramid: Muse, The XX, Emeli Sande, Missy Elliott, John Grant, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
Other: New Order, Tame Impala, Chvrches, Hurts, Editors, Rat Boy
JP: Bloc Party, Grimes, Jack Garratt, Cage The Elephant
WH: Grace Jones
Park: Joanna Newsom, Roisin Murphy, Mystery Jets

Saturday

Pyramid: Adele, David Gilmour, Bastille, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Benjamin Clementine
Other: The Prodigy, The 1975, Wolf Alice, Slaves
JP: Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, Halsey, The Coral, Izzy Bizu
WH: Earth Wind & Fire, Santigold
Park: PJ Harvey, Daughter, Savages

Sunday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Jake Bugg, Two Door Cinema Club, Barry Manilow, Iggy Pop, Kacey Musgraves
Other: Bring Me The Horizon, The Weeknd, Haim
JP: The Last Shadow Puppets,
WH: Damian Marley
Park: Guy Garvey, Ezra Furman, Lissie,

2 hours ago, RyanS said:

Friday

Pyramid: Muse, The XX, Emeli Sande, Missy Elliott, John Grant, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

Saturday

Pyramid: Adele, David Gilmour, Bastille, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, Benjamin Clementine

Sunday

Pyramid: Coldplay, Jake Bugg, Two Door Cinema Club, Barry Manilow, Iggy Pop, Kacey Musgraves

Pretty decent!

Though a New Order/Grace Jones clash would make me sob.

2 hours ago, RyanS said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Could certainly live with that!!