• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If Ellie Goulding plays she'll sub Adele 

I thought I was having a wild guess then I saw jed123s effort, all aboard the Tool train tho 

No fucking chance! 

Elbow, Florence and the Machine, The Black Keys, Pharrel Williams, Jack White and Paul Weller (chosen by The Who I believe). Is she actually bigger than any of them? People were also mentioning the likes of NGHFB and Faithless as subs! Who again are much bigger.

And last time she played she was subbing the other!! What has she actually done to get this big boost up? Fuck all.  Even Ed Sheeran was 3rd on the Pyramid!!

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

No fucking chance! 

Elbow, Florence and the Machine, The Black Keys, Pharrel Williams, Jack White and Paul Weller (chosen by The Who I believe). Is she actually bigger than any of them? People were also mentioning the likes of NGHFB and Faithless as subs! Who again are much bigger.

And last time she played she was subbing the other!! What has she actually done to get this big boost up? Fuck all.  Even Ed Sheeran was 3rd on the Pyramid!!

Just have a look at tour for the spring, Cardiff Arena, Liverpool Echo, Sheffield Motorpoint, Nottingham Capital FM, Leeds Arena, Newcastle Metro, Glasgow Hydro, Manchester Arena, Birmingham Barclaycard and 2 nights at O2 

Thats an absolutely massive tour, she doesn't need I be bigger than them? She doesn't necessarily have to be as big as them, she just has to be booked for that slot, and I definitely can't see her being booked to play any lower 

Edited by Mezhyp1

19 minutes ago, sisco said:

No fucking chance! 

What? lol. What he said below, Ed Sheeran hasn't even hit the arenas when he did 3rd Pyramid, he wasn't bigger tban that at the time, then in a year blew up to multiple arenas and stadiums, he's probably the person in recent times to profit from doing Glastonbury the most.

None of Elbow, TBK, Jack White, Pharrell or Paul Weller are bigger than Ellie G, that doesn't mean to say they are smaller, a couple of them may hold a distictive name but Weller was only just big enough for subbing, more so based on what he may include, he was superb mind you. 

16 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just have a look at tour for the spring, Cardiff Arena, Liverpool Echo, Sheffield Motorpoint, Nottingham Capital FM, Leeds Arena, Newcastle Metro, Glasgow Hydro, Manchester Arena, Birmingham Barclaycard and 2 nights at O2 

Thats an absolutely massive tour, she doesn't need I be bigger than them? She doesn't necessarily have to be as big as them, she just has to be booked for that slot, and I definitely can't see her being booked to play any lower 

This pretty much, I defo feel this is a point more of dislike for her than being big enough, I'm shocked V Fest even got her to play 3rd still this year after the 1st year of touring. Add to all this a new album as well.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Why is that your thoughts? Because someone you don't like has a huge tour, new album and is the equal level to other sub headliners now?. I don't get what's difficult about it.

You not understanding doesn't surprise me.

and can I ask when did I say I didn't like her?? Making things up?? Yep....

and yep of course she is def the equivalent to subs these days........, let's ask again who did you think would sub this year..... Faithless (who are co headlining IOW (and much bigger) and NGHFB who lets face it are again much bigger!!  Plus it was meant to be Florence last year who I plus many thought were big enough to headline (and did in the end), now was Ellie bigger than them..... Another nope! 

So yeah, that's my thoughts but no doubt you will come back with capacitys or some equally boring argument

35 minutes ago, sisco said:

and yep of course she is def the equivalent to subs these days........, let's ask again who did you think would sub this year..... Faithless (who are co headlining IOW (and much bigger) and NGHFB who lets face it are again much bigger!!  Plus it was meant to be Florence last year who I plus many thought were big enough to headline (and did in the end), now was Ellie bigger than them..... Another nope! 

So yeah, that's my thoughts but no doubt you will come back with capacitys or some equally boring argument

Why make such a big thing about her subbing then? Subs don't always have to be 'identical is everyway size', Dizzee did it lol. 

Find where I said Ellie ans Flo were the same size?, I made a point of leaving Flo out. Faithless aren't really bigger either, they just come with a much bigger history which isn't the same thing. That same IOW that a band who hasn't been given any type of headline slot in years is as well and is doing nothing different (literally) to earn it? 

At least back your point of view up! 

so you can't discuss something unless you like them? Ahh.... Ok then.

Why would I find where u said Ellie and Flo were the same size...... I haven't even mentioned u did!

Have no idea what you're going on about in regards to the IOW festival (translator needed)

And backing up my point of view.... That's what it is!!!!!! My point of view!!!!! 

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

Why would I find where u said Ellie and Flo were the same size...... I haven't even mentioned u did!

Have no idea what you're going on about in regards to the IOW festival (translator needed)

And backing up my point of view.... That's what it is!!!!!! My point of view!!!!! 

Florence is definitely definitely bigger than Ellie G, that's besides the point though, Florence should never have been booked to sub, she was rightfully headlining, just the circumstances on how it came around were different 

I have next to no opinion on Ellie Gs music, I know very few songs, and I'm certain if she plays she'll sub 

16 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Florence is definitely definitely bigger than Ellie G, that's besides the point though, Florence should never have been booked to sub, she was rightfully headlining, just the circumstances on how it came around were different 

I have next to no opinion on Ellie Gs music, I know very few songs, and I'm certain if she plays she'll sub 

And that's fair enough, however my opinion is that I will be amazed!! 

Anyway..... Moving on

3 hours ago, sisco said:

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Course you didn't!

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Ellie Goulding played third down or equivalent slots at festivals in 2014 and has presumably got a bit bigger since then given the size of her arena tour. It's hardly unrealistic to suggest she'll be subbing festivals next year.

The voice of reason prevails!

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye Faithless are co-headlining IOW with Stereophonics who would probably be like 3rd down at Glasto.

Ellie Goulding subbed Other in 2014; she'd probably sub Pyramid now.

But yes, let's move on from this.

On top of that, no other major UK Festival would give faithless a co-headlining slot.

Well I did try to say this?, it's like saying that others are going to do bigger things and progress but Ellie G doing bigger things.....nope she won't progress.

I agree, just stuff like this is so fucking stupid when it's point blank obvious!