Hudson Hohawke

Park: 
Wilco
The Coral
Mac de Marco

WH:
Sigur Ros 
Bat for Lashes  

Apart from maybe one or two, this is entirely based on who's touring and who I think will be there, the placings may be a little off mind you 

Edited by Mezhyp1

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

FRI

Pyramid:
Muse
Tame Impala
ZZ Top
PJ Harvey

Other:
New Order 
The Last Shadow Puppets
Sufjan Stevens

JP: 
Robyn 
Run The Jewels
Skepta/Stormzy

Park: 
M83 
Beach House 
Julia Holter 

WH:
Jamiroquai 
Four Tet 

SAT

Pyramid: 
Adele 
The Weeknd
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club

Other: 
LCD Soundsystem 
Beck
Of Monsters and Men

JP:
Bloc Party
Savages
Unknown Mortal Orchestra 

Park: 
Explosions in the Sky
Deerhunter 
Kurt Vile and the Violators

WH: 
James Blake
Kasami Washington 

Sun
Pyramid: 
Coldplay 
Ellie Goulding
Jeff Lynne's ELO 

Other: 
Bring me the Horizon
Chvrches 
Years and Years 

JP: 
Underworld 
Grimes
Hudson Hohawke

Park: 
Wilco
The Coral
Mac de Marco

WH:
Sigur Ros 
Bat for Lashes  

Apart from maybe one or two, this is entirely based on who's touring and who I think will be there, the placings may be a little off mind you 

I'd be content with that. Jamiroquai // LCD // Sigur Ros. All quite modern headliners, normally have at least one old school headliner on West Holts don't they? 

7 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I'd be content with that. Jamiroquai // LCD // Sigur Ros. All quite modern headliners, normally have at least one old school headliner on West Holts don't they? 

That was Jamiroqaui, they were the last one thrown in, them and The Weeknd

8 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Some lethal clashes on that one Mezhyp1, Tame Impala, TLSP and RTJ on at the same time??? God help us. Would be an ace line up though.

I was trying to work it round what days I could realistically play, but I was beginning to struggle, Robyn M83 Jamiroqaui clashing hurt a little too, there's going to inevitable clashes though so I stuck with it 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hudson Fauxhawke tbh

Deerhunter -> EitS clashing with Beck -> LCD Soundsystem is horrible

Throw Savages in there at the same time as Deerhunter/Beck and it really starts to get gnarly, I don't have clue who I would watch on the Friday night, I'd want to see them all except Moooose

Park seems logical but I can't gauge his popularity. He played some decent sized venues on his tour but was that driven by Elbow fan curiosity rather than his own material. Now people have scratched that itch, would they still go to see him, is he big enough to headline The Park?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Park seems logical but I can't gauge his popularity. He played some decent sized venues on his tour but was that driven by Elbow fan curiosity rather than his own material. Now people have scratched that itch, would they still go to see him, is he big enough to headline The Park?

Can't be. I know Supergrass were never nearly as big as Elbow, but if Gaz Coombes plays sixth from top promoting a highly acclaimed second solo record, surely Mr Garvey, adored by many as he is, can not headline The Park on the back of one mediocre solo outing?

And anyway, no-one is allowed to until Explosions in the Sky have had their headlining slot (Friday or Daturday, please) confirmed.

Ben

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Apart fromon here, I've never heard of Explosions in the Sky. What sort of venues do they play?

Also, do you need a beard, top knot and no socks to like them?

They've just announced a tour so this should give you an idea of the sort of venues they play http://pitchfork.com/news/63011-explosions-in-the-sky-announce-tour/

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

FRI

Pyramid:
Muse
Tame Impala
ZZ Top
PJ Harvey

Other:
New Order 
The Last Shadow Puppets
Sufjan Stevens

JP: 
Robyn 
Run The Jewels
Skepta/Stormzy

Park: 
M83 
Beach House 
Julia Holter 

WH:
Jamiroquai 
Four Tet 

SAT

Pyramid: 
Adele 
The Weeknd
The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club

Other: 
LCD Soundsystem 
Beck
Of Monsters and Men

JP:
Bloc Party
Savages
Unknown Mortal Orchestra 

Park: 
Explosions in the Sky
Deerhunter 
Kurt Vile and the Violators

WH: 
James Blake
Kasami Washington 

Sun
Pyramid: 
Coldplay 
Ellie Goulding
Jeff Lynne's ELO 

Other: 
Bring me the Horizon
Chvrches 
Years and Years 

JP: 
Underworld 
Grimes
Hudson Hohawke

Park: 
Wilco
The Coral
Mac de Marco

WH:
Sigur Ros 
Bat for Lashes  

Iron out the Beck/Savages clash and I'd be well happy with this. 

Tame > New Order Friday, Beck > LCD Sat and Grimes > Underworld on Sunday would be banging. (I'm ignoring the Sigur Ros clash because that just ain't gonna happen :p) 

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Apart fromon here, I've never heard of Explosions in the Sky. What sort of venues do they play?

Also, do you need a beard, top knot and no socks to like them?

Top knot? TOP KNOT???

You cheeky scamp, Gnomy. I'm not even quite sure to which sub-demographic group you're referring! Unless Tool is a sub-demographic group. They're an American post rock band from Austin, Texas (don't hold it against them) who are one of the more influential godfathers of the quiet-build-up-to-batshit-musical-climax brand of post-rock. They are often decried as being a bit formulaic and sterotyped, but that's in part as they helped to develop the 'formula'. What they do have is skill in melody, and an unbelievably committed live performance. They really do 'leave everything on the stage', to the point that they have played an encore something like only once or twice in their career, preferring to come on, give the crowd everyhitng they've got, then piss off again!

I've seen them a couple of times, including headlning EOTR, before the new stage was added, so they were on the idyllic Garden Stage. I had a bit of a moment - a little tired and emotional, as it were - but rallied to enjoy one of my favourite ever festival sets. Bugger me, they were good.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22