2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Could anyone see Bad Religion headlining Lock up/ Pit?

Possibly. Both The Offspring & Rise Against are around Europe the time of R&L so I expect them both to play. Think Offspring would probably get a decent mainstage spot though. Them in The Pit would be insane.

3 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Probably too big, would have thought NME sub 

They've had a severe fall from grace though... I wouldn't say they were too far away from the size of Mastodon(The band, not the giant elephant) but that being said, I reckon they're more popular than Mastodon with the RnL crowd (sadly), If they play it'll be Korn day, same stage as them. (NME hopefully) 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

When did they refuse that slot? I think they would either be an NME sub or mid main stage at R&L. 

Pretty sure they were in talks to headline 2nd stage at Download last year, but then talks broke down at some point which lead to NOFX headlining that day instead. 

From what I heard from someone who occasionally calls stuff right (gets some stuff wrong so take it with a pinch of salt) Bullet and a few members of their camp were annoyed that Korn, who played under them in 2013, were given a sub slot last year, whilst they only got offered to headline 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Pretty sure they were in talks to headline 2nd stage at Download last year, but then talks broke down at some point which lead to NOFX headlining that day instead. 

From what I heard from someone who occasionally calls stuff right (gets some stuff wrong so take it with a pinch of salt) Bullet and a few members of their camp were annoyed that Korn, who played under them in 2013, were given a sub slot last year, whilst they only got offered to headline 2nd. 

Well that's what happens when you fuck it as much as Bullet did with Fever/Temper Temper. Korn probably weren't deserving of that slot (although have had a bit of a resurgence since so doesn't seem as bad in hindsight) but neither were Bullet that's for sure.

I don't think they blew it with Fever. I thinks it's quite solid. I think Download fucked it not pushing them up to headliner in 2010 when it came out. If AC/DC hadn't come along, they would have been better off giving BFMV that Friday headline slot instead of TCV (who were supposedly dire and originally lineup up to headline before DC came along). Along with RATM and Aerosmith I think it would have worked. 

No denying they blew it with Temper Temper, though. Absolute dross. It's a shame. They had so much promise. 

BFMV were on form at Glasgow and there were definitely more people there for them than KSE. There's no doubt their stock has fallen but  they halted that IMHO. They have too much quality and are too good a live band to dive too far. Still bigger than pit headliners but it would probably be the best experience for those that saw them in there. Subbing Korn in NME would be a nice end to the day before party time at the camp.

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Killswitch would play nowhere near as high as Bullet do at Reading and aren't bigger than them.

Where did I say Killswitch are bigger? I said they're a BIG band, which they are. That Bullet tour was basically a package tour with Killswitch, if KSE hadn't been on there it would have sold far worse than it did. 

On 14/02/2017 at 6:12 PM, Steve1000 said:

Could anyone see Bad Religion headlining Lock up/ Pit?

Was gonna say that they'll probably be doing Rebellion Festival instead then went to check the line up and saw that they've already been announced so they're probably not going to be at R&L

On 15/02/2017 at 9:41 AM, theramm said:

Possibly. Both The Offspring & Rise Against are around Europe the time of R&L so I expect them both to play. Think Offspring would probably get a decent mainstage spot though. Them in The Pit would be insane.

Was going to say that The Offspring weren't going to play but I think they're taking lower slots at festivals. Not too sure if that's true but I presume someone will know. If that is the case I can see them around possible being 5th on the main

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

On Flumes new EP coming out tomorrow there is a song with Glass Animals. I guess this makes it more likely they'll be playing on the same day?

Not really. Don't think R&L are gonna book them for the same day just because of a song they did together. So the chances of them playing the same day are the same as before

Edited by justanothername

25 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Considering Bullet/Killswitch didn't even sell 2000 tickets on their Sheffield leg, I would put Bullet at the right size for a Pit headliner, Good Charlotte/Jimmy Eat World/New Found Glory would sell out O2s whereas Bullet struggled with a massive support in Killswitch Engage.

I looked at BFMV tickets and after fees it came to about £38. Insane. JEW was under 25 so not a fair comparison.