2017 festival

kaosmark2

53 minutes ago, FestivalPanda99 said:

Korn and Stone Sour coheadline tour, finishes a few weeks before R+L, what are the chances of seeing Stone Sour announced? New album this year, would have thought download would grab them though. 

The evidence suggests it's likely but surely not

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they're the kind of band who get a huge crowd at Download because a lot of people there are casual fans of the band and/or Corey. I don't think anyone necessarily buys a ticket just for them though. Even at R+L if they were playing on the "heavy/rock" day, if they were up against someone of reasonable note in the Pit/Lock Up, I doubt they'd get that big a crowd really. 

Hoping for:

• Stone Sour
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Rise Against
  • Billy Talent
  • 30 Seconds To Mars
  • PVRIS
  • Creeper
  • Milk Teeth
  • Marmozets
  • Neck Deep
  • New Found Glory
  • Taking Back Sunday
  • Brand New
  • The Pretty Reckless
  • Bullet For My Valentine
  • Letlive
  • Panic! At The Disco
  • Ghost
  • Gojira
  • Weezer

Obviously no way we'll get all of them, but if we get about half of that list I'd be very happy... even a third or so would be decent.

Gone through all the acts to see where people are to see what is left to be announced. This is what I have been able to find (Still a lot of large acts left to be announced, still 2 subs, 2 3rd downs, 1 NME headliner, 2 NME subs, 2 Dance Headliners, 2 Pit Headliners, all the FR Headliners and 2 1Xtra Headliners)

RErjy7v.png

Edited by Mattymooz
Correcting Image

Korn are too big for The Pit, At the Drive-in would certainly headline the Pit if they were on there and I don't see Wiley headlining 1xtra for a second consecutive year but it's looking about right.

48 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm  really hoping for The Menzingers this year. Their new album is cracking. I could see them in a Main Stage slot similar to what Against Me! had a few years ago, or playing the Lock Up. 

Wasn't digging it personally but I hope they do well and they could do well in a low main stage slot.

Edited by dentalplan

Are KoRn relevant enough to get a spot on the NME anymore though? Personally I hadn't heard of them before the last announcement and listening to them on spotify I don't recognise any of their music. From the response I gathered they were pretty popular, but a bit more of a throwback act and thus probably wouldn't get that big of a crowd unless maybe if they were put up against Eminem.

And Wiley I know headlined 1Xtra last year but where else could he go? Since last year he released an album that was OK, his status in the grime scene isn't that great anymore, bbk, stormzy etc. are all seen as way bigger and better than him. I guess he could maybe be chucked on the NME but they already have Fatboy Slim on there who is already quite a throwback act....

39 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Are KoRn relevant enough to get a spot on the NME anymore though? Personally I hadn't heard of them before the last announcement and listening to them on spotify I don't recognise any of their music. From the response I gathered they were pretty popular, but a bit more of a throwback act and thus probably wouldn't get that big of a crowd unless maybe if they were put up against Eminem.

And Wiley I know headlined 1Xtra last year but where else could he go? Since last year he released an album that was OK, his status in the grime scene isn't that great anymore, bbk, stormzy etc. are all seen as way bigger and better than him. I guess he could maybe be chucked on the NME but they already have Fatboy Slim on there who is already quite a throwback act....

Wiley's had a pretty decent resurgence and is getting a load of recognition for pioneering a currently huge genre - would probably be high up the NME.

I dunno what the jig is with rebooking Korn but if they're going to lengths to book them for the first time and feature them so highly on the poster then they're probably gonna get a major slot either on NME or Main. They subbed Download last year and shared an arena tour with Limp Bizkit so they're obviously something of a deal still/again.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Anyone else reckon The XX will be Kasabian's sub? They seem like an obvious choice but I haven't seen them mentioned much - am I missing something, are they ruled out? Or just been overlooked in predictions?

They have just been announced for Bestival the week after and I can't see anything saying they are an exclusive, so I guess it's possible (They don't have anything down for the Reading Weekend so)