Funny things overheard at the festival

MichaelsBeard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just around the corner, Siam Orchid... It's the one where it could kick off at any point.

To be fair, I've only been in this one - they all might be like that

I never even noticed that was a karaoke bar, I'll have to check it out. That vinos is tiny and a proper dive, sounds a bit more chilled and laidback that Siam Orchid from your description though.

I'm planning on organising a karaoke night for my Uni society later in the year so I'm scoping out all the karaoke bars in the city centre slowly but surely

On the karaoke topic, did anyone go to that nude karaoke thing or whatever it was in Shangri La?

Last time I did karaoke was first week of college in front of all 1,000 students I'd never met. About three people clapped and I'm pretty sure no one wanted to be my friend after that.

I did, there was 2 presenters, one was a guy dressed similar to a drag queen and the other a girl who was top half naked wearing mime makeup.

I think beforehand you had a brief conversation with the presenters about how comfortable you were stripping as some people stayed completely clothed, while some started to get stripped down to the underwear by the female presenter and some were stripped completely nude by the female presenter

The choices of song were abysmal as you'd expect, it's "kamikaze karaoke" which means you have no idea what song you're singing until your on stage so the songs chosen were all well known ones like Angel by Robbie Williams or Sex on Fire

It was a little too crushed in there for my liking and so we didn't stay long, I would of gave it a go if I didn't have to wait so long

Cant remember the exact conversation but a guy who claimed to volunteer for Oxfam tried to sell me ketamine on the Wednesday at the stone circles. I was in a toilet queue at the time and a guy about three down from me shouted "haven't you seen the new tv adverts, water for the third world, ketamine for the first world" 

Not really a funny quote but I was asked to meet my brother at the bushes half way down the pyramid field, right hand side as your facing it, for Mary J Blige. When I got there it seemed like everyone from Hull where I live was there. I was then told this was the Hull bush, a yearly meeting point for every band people from Hull want to see there, makes sense upto now. When I asked if we was moving I was told by a kid id never met "oh no we don't move, this is the Hull bush", to which I responded "this is fucking ridiculous". Id had enough when Mary came on and for one song I actually watched a guy off my estate watch her while peering through the bush with his face pretty much in it. I had to go find a better spot as it was that ridiculous. Only people from Hull could go watch a band in that field from behind a fucking bush !

Edited by swede

I never even noticed that was a karaoke bar, I'll have to check it out. That vinos is tiny and a proper dive, sounds a bit more chilled and laidback that Siam Orchid from your description though.

I'm planning on organising a karaoke night for my Uni society later in the year so I'm scoping out all the karaoke bars in the city centre slowly but surely

It is on portland street. Next to ladbrokes.

I am going to get Gillespied with work on friday. We always end up in the Chinese Karaoke bar.

I will do "I wanna be Gillespied" by the Ramones this friday.

Same lyrics just swap Sedated for Gillespied.

I'm going to pop in and provide photo evidence for efests of your Gillespie'dness, except I'll be looking for a tennis ball... Edited by verrymerry

I tried to get Gillespied catching on last night out with friends..... one of my mates who came to Brixton to see Primals with me last tour didn't even understand!

Nevertheless, I got a little bit Gillespied myself and woke up this morning with a banging hangover - which means I probably drank vodka without realising. I am shit at drinking vodka.

Edited by mungo57

I did, there was 2 presenters, one was a guy dressed similar to a drag queen and the other a girl who was top half naked wearing mime makeup.

I think beforehand you had a brief conversation with the presenters about how comfortable you were stripping as some people stayed completely clothed, while some started to get stripped down to the underwear by the female presenter and some were stripped completely nude by the female presenter

The choices of song were abysmal as you'd expect, it's "kamikaze karaoke" which means you have no idea what song you're singing until your on stage so the songs chosen were all well known ones like Angel by Robbie Williams or Sex on Fire

It was a little too crushed in there for my liking and so we didn't stay long, I would of gave it a go if I didn't have to wait so long

Was that the one on the way up to the Heaven stage just on the right hand side? Little small place?

Seen it a few times and always looked pretty packed in there

On the karaoke topic, did anyone go to that nude karaoke thing or whatever it was in Shangri La?

Last time I did karaoke was first week of college in front of all 1,000 students I'd never met. About three people clapped and I'm pretty sure no one wanted to be my friend after that.

I spent Thursday night in there, had a fabulous time! :)

I'll see you there.

I love it, it's a bit like Glastonbury in the middle of a city (tho without music around every corner).

Come see the Fantasy Orchestra tonight at 6 in Queen's Square. 

Grain Barge stage is always good too. 

What is this thread about again?