3 hour 45 Minute gap between Mororhead and Florence

LSTx

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stereophonics looking likely.. put a tweet offering to fill in (dunno if this was sarcasm or not) and glasto needing a new sub..would be a perfect booking

Perfect as in a boring booking? How do they keep getting booked 2nd top at other festivals still? I love Word Gets Around, Performance and Cocktails is good as well, but they're terrible now. Where other bands who made good albums in the late 90's then turned shit, have fell off the radar and play lower down now, Stereophonics still get booked high up. Why?

Perfect as in a boring booking? How do they keep getting booked 2nd top at other festivals still? I love Word Gets Around, Performance and Cocktails is good as well, but they're terrible now. Where other bands who made good albums in the late 90's then turned shit, have fell off the radar and play lower down now, Stereophonics still get booked high up. Why?

Because unlike the others they still sell out arenas, which is the best indication!

Hope there are two new acts and the first one's shite so I can see Run the Jewels but the second one is Foals so I can see Foals.

I would like this too :)

actually Flo moving up means I can see Run the jewels & Django django or even most of Modestep which I was a bit sad about missing so this might work out okay :)

Manics to sub & do the Holy Bible would be fine with me

And I'd definitely go watch them if they did..

But let's be honest - they were 3rd down on the Other Stage last year, and while hardcore Manics fans would love a Holy Bible set, it's not their most well known material or even close. If anything, doing THB in full would turn off more casual fans than it attracted.

My guess? It'll be one of 4 acts added:

Stereophonics

Pet Shop Boys

Kylie

The Charlatans (only mentioned because we know they're booked)

And I'd definitely go watch them if they did..But let's be honest - they were 3rd down on the Other Stage last year, and while hardcore Manics fans would love a Holy Bible set, it's not their most well known material or even close. If anything, doing THB in full would turn off more casual fans than it attracted.My guess? It'll be one of 4 acts added:StereophonicsPet Shop BoysKylieThe Charlatans (only mentioned because we know they're booked)

Think the Charlatans arent big enough either, but if it frees up their friday morning slot for Ride then I'm all for it!

Think the Charlatans arent big enough either, but if it frees up their friday morning slot for Ride then I'm all for it!

Yeah they're nowhere near big enough (these days). But they are booked which is why they can't be entirely discounted.