Headliners 2016

thewayiam

Madness & U2 both 40 year (correct me if I'm wrong!) anniversaries next year...

Wouldn't mind seeing Madness back in a high profile slot if they're touring an anniversary (obviously not headlining)

Edited by jackarmy

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiohead headlining the Pyramid one night

Bon Iver headlining the Other one night

Sufjan Stevens headlining the Park one night

that'll do me thanks!

Cant give this train of thought enough up votes but imagine if they were all the same night, absolute heartache!

Massively unlikely though, which is a shame. Thinking of going down to Bristol in the autumn but I bet tickets have gone.

Yeah fairly sure the whole tour is sold out. Absolutely gutted I didn't get tickets, at the time they were selling I hadn't heard the new album and assumed I wouldn't like it as acoustic folk isn't usually my thing but having since listened to it I really wish I was seeing him.

Massively unlikely though, which is a shame. Thinking of going down to Bristol in the autumn but I bet tickets have gone.

I only found out about his Edinburgh date when the rest of his tour was announced but it had been on sale for a few weeks beforehand and had predictably sold out. Hoping to pick up one nearer the time.

Don't think the screens are large enough at WH for Kraftwerk. Their 3D Latitude show was definitely large. Sufjan would of course be incredible but I doubt it'll happen. Got tickets for London anyway (think I posted the presale link here too - no excuses!)

man i'd totally forgotten Sufjan was touring until people here mentioned it :( goddamn my friends for all having terrible taste in music - festivals are pretty much what i rely on these days for seeing a large portion of my music taste live, and Sufjan will almost definitely not play any of said festivals. bahh

Kraftwerk at West Holts would be great. Surely they would get a decent crowd at Glastonbury? Seen video's of them at TITP and the crowd was tiny.

Have you seen them live before?  I love them but they're shit live.  Kind of like a karaoke act, and the same visuals and set list time after time.  

man i'd totally forgotten Sufjan was touring until people here mentioned it :( goddamn my friends for all having terrible taste in music - festivals are pretty much what i rely on these days for seeing a large portion of my music taste live, and Sufjan will almost definitely not play any of said festivals. bahh

Gig solo. I love it (especially when single :lol: )

Yeah I'll be going on my own if I get a ticket too. Not sure I can be bothered trying to get a ticket then getting the train for over an hour but the new album's just so good!

aye this is my problem! if it was in Liverpool i'd be right on it, but unfortunately barely anything good ever comes to Liverpool so i have to travel to Manchester for everything which is a bit of a ball ache (especially the often sprint to the train after the gig). really wish i'd gotten a ticket though - i'd forgotten just how bloody fantastic that new album is

If a full on N.W.A. reunion does happen (as in, Dr. Dre joins them) do people reckon they'll headline Glastonbury or would they be more suited to Reading and Leeds?

they'd be all about the money if that ever did happen (which i don't think it will, to be fair) so i think they'd be more likely to stick to America and do Coachella

aye this is my problem! if it was in Liverpool i'd be right on it, but unfortunately barely anything good ever comes to Liverpool so i have to travel to Manchester for everything which is a bit of a ball ache (especially the often sprint to the train after the gig). really wish i'd gotten a ticket though - i'd forgotten just how bloody fantastic that new album is

I can't complain too much as most bands just play Glasgow when they come up here which is just a short train ride but Edinburgh's a bit more hassle for the same reasons you said. Even if I manage the last train I've then got to hope I can get a lift or that there's some late buses on.

Yeah the album's fantastic, definitely my album of the year so far. Strange as I hadn't ever listened to him before I saw people on here raving about it and the first time I listened to it I wasn't that impressed but ever since I've loved it.

Wireless for NWA but I don't even think wireless have the money to chuck at them if they have Nicki Minaj headlining this year!

Radiohead really need to play Glastonbury again, but every year to me is "the year" until we realise that they are inactive.