Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye this is my problem! if it was in Liverpool i'd be right on it, but unfortunately barely anything good ever comes to Liverpool so i have to travel to Manchester for everything which is a bit of a ball ache (especially the often sprint to the train after the gig). really wish i'd gotten a ticket though - i'd forgotten just how bloody fantastic that new album is

We could have had one huge arena that could have rivalled the MEN, but instead we got a half-decent arena with a conference centre. Waste. 

On second thought if NWA did reform I could see them doing something like Wembley / Hyde Park and skipping festivals completely - the only festival they'd do would be coachella in America.

Why would you think that? Festivals are an easy way to bring in the cash (Glastonbury aside) for minimal effort. Plus I'm not sure NWA would sell out Wembley Stadium.

Radiohead - Pyramid

Sigur Ros - Other

Kraftwerk - WH

They would do me as 3 headliners on different nights

Holy fuck that would be outrageous.

Find it kinda strange that people think Kraftwerk are any worse live than on record.

Pretty obvious what you're going to get.

I agree it's not everyone's cup of tea but 4 guys standing behind laptops and background visuals is exactly what it says on the tin.

Saw them in 2013 and really enjoyed it

Edited by Space Shanty

Have you seen them live before?  I love them but they're shit live.  Kind of like a karaoke act, and the same visuals and set list time after time.  

I've seen them live before and it was great. Sure, they might all just be playing solitaire on their keyboards, but their music blasting out of the WH speakers would be fantastic.

The screens thing could be an issue, but whatever. Kraftwerk for Friday WH. Sort it, Mr WH Man.

Why would you think that? Festivals are an easy way to bring in the cash (Glastonbury aside) for minimal effort. Plus I'm not sure NWA would sell out Wembley Stadium.

Hmm Idk maybe not Wembley then, I can just imagine NWA having a lot of demands that festivals might not be able to give, do you get me?

Hmm Idk maybe not Wembley then, I can just imagine NWA having a lot of demands that festivals might not be able to give, do you get me?

Yeah I do, which is why I don't think they'd end up somewhere like Glastonbury or even R&L. But I could see Wireless throwing silly money at them & Rob Da Bank also as he seems to love the 90's Hip Hop headliners at the moment.

I don't think they'll tour anyway to be honest Matt, Coachella maybe at a push but beyond that I don't see anything else happening. I'd be happy with a joint Dre & Snoop tour, but that seems just as unlikely.

Does Adele attend Glastonbury every year? Like lily Allen?

I remember a friend of mine bumping into her in 2010.

Reason I'm asking is because she doesn't really seem to do many public appearances anymore, and it seemed like she was making herself pretty visible this year..

Edited by Matt42

Yeah I do, which is why I don't think they'd end up somewhere like Glastonbury or even R&L. But I could see Wireless throwing silly money at them & Rob Da Bank also as he seems to love the 90's Hip Hop headliners at the moment.

I don't think they'll tour anyway to be honest Matt, Coachella maybe at a push but beyond that I don't see anything else happening. I'd be happy with a joint Dre & Snoop tour, but that seems just as unlikely.

Isn't coachella the only actual festival AC/DC did this year? Could see a similar situation with that - coachella has the bucks to book some ginormous acts!

Isn't coachella the only actual festival AC/DC did this year? Could see a similar situation with that - coachella has the bucks to book some ginormous acts!

Think you're right with AC/DC.

Mind you I think they would be willing to do Glasto without the full stage show, once they get the money-spinning world tour done and dusted.

You're probably also right about NWA

Yeah, they certainly seem to have the money to throw around.

On a completely unrelated note, I've just noticed your new profile picture, you do not look at all like I imagined you would.

Think you're right with AC/DC.

Mind you I think they would be willing to do Glasto without the full stage show, once they get the money-spinning world tour done and dusted.

You're probably also right about NWA

I'd imagine ACDC would only do Glastonbury towards the end of their big tour when they've already banked the cash - but then again they could just think "we've made our money so why bother?"

Also I can't see NWA being a choice for Glastonbury at all, big enough but not big to the Glastonbury audience!

Idk I just find NWA a perplexing possibility, might be wrong but I can't see them ever really crossing Emily's mind.

I was expecting a spotty long haired pant sniffing mugshot of a man, you're actually, dare I say it, rather cute looking.

I think I'm going to find it hard being mean to you now I have a name to the face, damn it.

At least buy me a drink first :P

I was expecting a spotty long haired pant sniffing mugshot of a man, you're actually, dare I say it, rather cute looking.

I think I'm going to find it hard being mean to you now I have a name to the face, damn it.

:lol: :lol:

I've always imagined you look like a terrifying incarnation of Nick Cave to be fair (although that's only because of your avatar).