Headliners 2016

thewayiam

You are still missing the point though that it's likely when a band plays Glastonbury off the back of a new album, they most likely want to do it that way.

Err. I'm not missing that point, that's been one of my main points all along - that it's not a policy decision from Glastonbury, that it works out like that because it makes more sense from the bands perspective.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err. I'm not missing that point, that's been one of my main points all along - that it's not a policy decision from Glastonbury, that it works out like that because it makes more sense from the bands perspective.

No one's been trying to say against that. What you don't want to admit though is because it works out like that it pretty much does come as a policy. Glastonbury won't book a headliner in their end year because people have already paid the 1 year to see them and they'd be getting them included in the ticket for the 2nd, goes heavily against motive.

Main Stage

Friday: AC/DC subbed by Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Paramore and Green Day

Saturday: Prince subbed by David Bowie, Annie Lennox, Rod Stewart and Boy George (Legends: Bob Dylan and Neil Young)

Sunday: Oasis subbed by Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, Coldplay, The Smiths and Muse (Legends: Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder)

Other Stage

Friday: Adele subbed by Bruno Mars, Emile Sande, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Rihanna and Taylor Swift

Saturday: Kasabian subbed by Hozier, Foals, Royal Blood, The Black Keys, Jack White and Catfish and the Bottlemen

Sunday: Chemical Brothers subbed by Fatboy Slim, Chase and Status, Prodigy and Daft Punk

Edited by crazyguy

Biffy Clyro (missing from that whole odds booking break down as well), likely no to mean much

Foo Fighters

Fleetwood Mac

A stab at the other headers as Bon Iver, Disclosure and The Prodigy

Expecting to see rumors for one of these on here pretty soon to be honest.

Does anyone find it strange how the latest article from Emily stating 2016 headliners are booking while also stating it as before they have the year off in 2017 and Michael has already confirmed it'll happen it 2017.

I thought it was annouced the fallow year is now going to be 2018?

Main Stage

Friday: AC/DC subbed by Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Paramore and Green Day

Saturday: Prince subbed by David Bowie, Annie Lennox, Rod Stewart and Boy George (Legends: Bob Dylan and Neil Young)

Sunday: Oasis subbed by Arctic Monkeys, Kings of Leon, Coldplay, The Smiths and Muse (Legends: Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder)

Other Stage

Friday: Adele subbed by Bruno Mars, Emile Sande, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Rihanna and Taylor Swift

Saturday: Kasabian subbed by Hozier, Foals, Royal Blood, The Black Keys, Jack White and Catfish and the Bottlemen

Sunday: Chemical Brothers subbed by Fatboy Slim, Chase and Status, Prodigy and Daft Punk

You missed out The Beatles and The Rolling Stones there

Foo Fighters are nailed on for me. I would expect when they announced they had to pull out of the festival they made some arrangement where they would be back next year.

Biffy Clyro and Foals will be in the mix, but to be honest I could see both of those guys subbing. 

I'll take a punt at this:

Foo Fighters 

Biffy Clyro

AC/DC

Royal Blood

Radiohead

Foals

But obviously lets have Pink Floyd pls.

Also I'd really, really like to see John Fogerty play as a heritage act. I'm gonna be banging this drum a lot, but of all the 'legends' available to play he absolutely has to play at some point in the near future.

Can you imagine seeing a Creedence set at Glastonbury?! It would be absolutely incredible. The guy isn't getting any younger so please MAKE IT HAPPEN! 

Foo Fighters

Taylor Swift

Biffy Clyro

except from i'm doubting that Biffy and Foos would both headline in the same year. 

I'd imagine if it's not Biffy it'l be a band releasing a new album in 2016, could surprise us...

yep i'm really hoping that the likelihood of Foos returning next year means that Biffy are out of the equation. they'd need a seriously different type of act (like Taylor, but i don't think she'll do it) between the two of em

Best guess after this year's events

Foo's/Biffy

Rihanna/Adele

Coldplay/Radiohead or possibly Muse

Reckon they will want to go with one strong 'fan favourite' headliner and Coldplay, Radiohead and Muse will all have new material, though Muse have already toured theirs this year.

I agree that it seems unlikely Taylor will be touring the EU/UK next year, though she is definitely a candidate next time she does.

Of course they could suffer last minute cancellations and we end up with Catfish and the Bottlemen, Ellie Goulding and Yes.

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

Muse

Taylor Swift

Prince

NGHFB

Well you've done well getting 6 headliners now into the top two. If NGHFB smash it at T they won't take lower, it's still ludicrous that T have a Latitude header heading their fest as well, they were majorly out of options and clearly don't see The Prodigy as a main stage headliner. I think Taylor would have to be too. Biffy I think maybe the only one that would be willing to take a sub but I feel they'd get offered header without a doubt.