Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone has seen but apparently Pinkpop have already confirmed Foo's will play 2016 and Dave has said he wants to go back as well. Chances are it'll be all 3 fest shows, not going to do one with the others.

aye id say thats pretty hopeful for Glastonbury then if they're definitely still touring and doing fests this time next year. i know Emily said they've sorted next years headliners already but the chance of one of them falling through/that being bollocks is almost definite

aye id say thats pretty hopeful for Glastonbury then if they're definitely still touring and doing fests this time next year. i know Emily said they've sorted next years headliners already but the chance of one of them falling through/that being bollocks is almost definite

As I said to dentalplan, when they cancelled Puckelpop in 2011 due to that stage thing, they kept their word to return in 2012. Eavis always talks shit when they say that anyway, we know that.

Surely theyll just do the left over EU gigs to end the tour next summer

Yeah but one of those EU gigs (festivals will come after Glasto anyway), unless it happens again that Werchter needs to move but beings as you say it'll be close to the end of the tour I wouldn't imagine they'd make them move it again.

I thought exactly the same last year after Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian -- and then we got Flo, Kanye, The Who.

AF, Metallica and Kasabian wasn't weak though. If we're talking festival crowds then AF are the only one to question as a crowd filling definite headliner at the time. The crowd was big enough to suggest they got a lot more appeal than back in 2011 at R&L which was probably similar to The Cure's booking in the way of never the right crowd anyway.

They won't be able to beat the class of '09 whatever they do. Young, Spring, Blur. Perfecto! The 1st and only time i've been to see all 3 Pyramid headliners.

Personally, I'd hate that. I had no interest in seeing anyone but Blur and I wasn't even really into them that year. Blur clashed with the fecking Prodigy too. That should be an easy choice but you knew Blur would be decent and The Prodigy would be around and touring as often as your alarms goes off for work lol.

be interesting to see how/if this affects them headlining Reading and Leeds next year which a lot of people seem sure they will be doing (although i feel it's too soon tbh, even if they do have a habit of doing it every few years)

I'd much rather see them at Glasto, that way I don't have to think I want to see them at Reading but I don't want to go Reading as the rest is shit. I'd rather see them indoors to be honest though I still claim they aren't bad live at all, but they aren't as good live as I was expecting. R&L will know the situation has changed and will be aware schedules will be too. They will be touring at the perfect time for IOW to nick them but I don't see a chance.

Personally, I'd hate that. I had no interest in seeing anyone but Blur and I wasn't even really into them that year. Blur clashed with the fecking Prodigy too. That should be an easy choice but you knew Blur would be decent and The Prodigy would be around and touring as often as your alarms goes off for work lol.

If you have no love for Neil Young then there's some sort of glitch in your musical tastes. Restart and log back in. That should sort it :)

I thought exactly the same last year after Arcade Fire, Metallica and Kasabian -- and then we got Flo, Kanye, The Who.

Two of those acts were replacements so you're being more than a little deceptive there. Assuming the mysterious Sunday headliner was of the calibre we expected it to be at the time, the trio of Foos/Kanye/Mystery Guest was massively stronger than last year.

(In actual fact I say Flo/KW/Who still is but I can't be bothered arguing about that.)

Edited by Zac Quinn

I'd say the statement means either the story about Reading having them on an exclusive next year is true or that Emily already has three headliners lined up for next year, but then again they always seem to have the headliners for the following year sorted and it never pans out that way.

Next year is the first time in a while that I can't really predict any headliners as I don't know any big bands that are gearing up to release a new album.

Just sounds like a vague comment with nothing behind it to me, not going to read anything into it. Suppose it's possible Reading have already snapped them up on an exclusive next year tho.

Yeah I don't think they'll return next year but at the same time I'm not gonna read into those comments much. If they had agreed to headline next year she wouldn't blurt it out anyway.

A barrier formed of AC/DC, T-Swizz and Fleetwood Mac.

Wasn't that this year until they all decided they like doing their own shows better? Swift will probably happen on the next album.