Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk she only really had one album at the really top top level, even during the Born This Way era her album sales were falling away a bit* despite a big first week and three/four massive singles. It'd be more of a surprise if someone like Swift or Beyoncé, who've been that popular for a prolonged period, fell away similarly.

*in comparison to The Fame Monster

Edited by Zac Quinn

I can't have it being Fleetwood Mac as much as I would like it to be.

Why would the money be right next year if it wasn't this year?

Plus they'd be knackered after touring for over a year around the world and Stevie Nicks has apparently said she's taking a break from the band after this world tour.

I think their ship has sailed after two years of dropping out for various reasons.

well the money this year was presumably dwarfed by what IoW were offering.

next year there won't be the same competition, so might as well take that cash rather than nothing at all.

that's assuming they're still in the mood for gigging...

pearl jam

foals

lady gaga

fleetwood mac

levs

who ever they get they HAVE to be a show stopper imo cant keep letting IOW having the best headliner as it has the last few years .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and i know its not all about the headliners lol

and the one before that

Born this way wasn't her peak, but it sold nearly a million copies in the UK and 2,3 million in the U.S.... not all just her manic Little Monsters. Artpop sold 200k in the UK and 750k in the U.S. That is a flop.

Although Yeezus only sold 700k world wide I think, so take from that what you will.

Edited by Festival Liam

Born this way wasn't her peak, but it sold nearly a million copies in the UK and 2,3 million in the U.S.... not all just her manic Little Monsters. Artpop sold 200k in the UK and 750k in the U.S. That is a flop.

Although Yeezus only sold 700k world wide I think, so take from that what you will.

Oh sorry when Mash said "her last album" I thought he meant Cheek to Cheek :(

Maybe there's sarcasm I'm missing here but no, he won't

His album sold a bazillion and scooped all sorts of awards, and has him subbing at TITP and V Fest. It's not outlandish to suggest that the new album will be highly anticipated and elevate him to headline level.

Not that I am hoping it will happen but it'd come at the expense of someone just as shit so it doesn't really matter to me.

Edited by dentalplan

Thought this'd be the case. Good news.

New album out in 2017 for the fallow year. We dodge him headlining until at least 2020 :D

Don't put it past him to bring his next album out late 2017, there is nothing to say he needs a new album in early 2017. Headliner is 2018 isn't out of bounds.

who ever they get they HAVE to be a show stopper imo cant keep letting IOW having the best headliner as it has the last few years .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and i know its not all about the headliners lol

IoW get the good headliners and we get the good undercard? I'll happily take that trade. And looking at past IoW line-ups, there isn't a single one I would like to have poached for Glastonbury since they got Neil Young.... same year that Glastonbury got Neil Young.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN