Tame Impala

Brad2434

8 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

They've been playing arenas on the last tour. They pretty much sold out Manchester Arena which is huge. The standing area sold out months before the gig. If they played the Other, not sure they would sub it. 

It did say sold out but the entire second tier was sectioned off and the lower tier of seats had quite a few gaps. I've got big love for them and hope they crop up somewhere though. 

I'd say 3rd or 4th down Pyramid is most likely at the moment if at all. 

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Again, those slots are already busy. Bastille, Chvrches, 1975, PJ Harvey all confirmed, all with a decent shout of subbing the Other. I hope I'm wrong and they are on the next poster but at the moment I just can't see where they'd fit. 

PJ Harvey won't be subbing the Other stage I don't think, she'll be 3rd down. I think if Bring me the Horizon are headlining the Other on sunday then Tame Impala are in for a very good chance of subbing it. But yeah the only way Tame Impala would play would be either subbing the Other on Sunday or playing 3rd down on the Pyramid on Sunday, with Beck playing 3rd down on the Friday, and ZZ Top playing 4th down. These situations could definitely happen. And with Neil saying "some people will be very happy" about the full lineup that would make it even more likely.

7 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

PJ Harvey won't be subbing the Other stage I don't think, she'll be 3rd down. I think if Bring me the Horizon are headlining the Other on sunday then Tame Impala are in for a very good chance of subbing it. But yeah the only way Tame Impala would play would be either subbing the Other on Sunday or playing 3rd down on the Pyramid on Sunday, with Beck playing 3rd down on the Friday, and ZZ Top playing 4th down. These situations could definitely happen. And with Neil saying "some people will be very happy" about the full lineup that would make it even more likely.

I don't think it was Neil that said that was it? I'm sure that quote was from a poster on here who was at Emerging Talent.

Either way I hope your right.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Just because they're playing Radio 1's Big Weekend doesn't mean they aren't playing Glastonbury. I can see them still playing 3rd down on Pyramid

Obviously they still could, I just consider it highly unlikely, it would have been a very strange name to leave off the poster 

2 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

they must be demanding a too higher slot/money than g could accommodate for it doesn't seem right though

Ellie FUCKING Goulding gets a big slot but Tame Impala (probably) won't? :fuckyou:

I think the lineup is very good but things like that really make me scratch my head. 

edit: the anger isn't directed at you stocky :P sorry if it came across that way haha.

Edited by jparx

17 minutes ago, alexfc94 said:

Do people think a band of Tame Impala's stature are likely to be added to the line-up? If so, would absolutely love to see them and Pixies on the bill.

Pixies won't be there after playing in 2014. Tame Impala could be added 3rd down Pyramid or subbing Other but I don't expect them to be.

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Haven't we had the odd nice surprise when the more full line ups been announced? Wouldn't be surprised if Tame Impala were one of them. 

it seems odd that they'd be held back, and there doesn't really seem to be any room left for them (i mean, we're struggling to find places for some of the high up acts already announced) but i guess it's still possible. i'm definitely not expecting them to be announced though

7 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

maybe they just weren't asked this year, they did play other stage in 2013 and Pyramid in 2011, so unless they are headlining JP, I could see Glastonbury overlooking them. I really hope they are playing though

Yet Bastille and Wolf Alice seem to play every year. Why not at least get quality acts to play every year?