Tame Impala

Brad2434

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks guys. I was hoping for something to get for free off Apple Music but will just torrent it later.

What I have heard of the record is fucking excellent. Particularly 'Cause I'm a Man..... classic.

Pretty much nailed on I would say for next year. I am going to call it now and say Park Headliner

hmmm not really feeling this new album at all. the four singles released thus far are far and away the best things on here - everything else is very MOR and forgettable. one of those albums where, come the next album tour, i feel only one or two will make the setlist cut and the rest will be put to bed and forgotten about. shame. 'Cause I'm A Man is still an absolute belter tune, mind

Just another case of a band following up some success with a divisive disco album. You've got to wonder why they keep doing it. :P

the moment i see the term 'we put down our guitars and used more synths' in an interview for any upcoming album i should just lessen my expectations there and then. it's almost inevitable with any band like this, and it's almost never good

Edited by FloorFiller

hmmm not really feeling this new album at all. the four singles released thus far are far and away the best things on here - everything else is very MOR and forgettable. one of those albums where, come the next album tour, i feel only one or two will make the setlist cut and the rest will be put to bed and forgotten about. shame. 'Cause I'm A Man is still an absolute belter tune, mind

I think you need to wait a few days. I hated 'Let it Happen' when it first came out.

Not really getting a 'Lonerism' vibe from anything on this album, not saying that's a bad thing, but it'll certainly scare off the 'Elephant' crowd. I am sure it's good, I trust Kevin Parker. I will wait until the weekend when I've listened to it ten times before I have a proper opinion.

Given it a fair few listens now and I think it's OK and nothing more.

Pitchfork review has dropped and they've slapped a 9.3 on it (Lonerism and Innerspeaker got 9 and 8.5 respectively) so they have it on level pegging with Kendrick, Sufjan and Jamie XX.

Stream here if you haven't heard yet.

Edited by dentalplan

Given it a fair few listens now and I think it's OK and nothing more.

Pitchfork review has dropped and they've slapped a 9.3 on it (Lonerism and Innerspeaker got 9 and 8.5 respectively) so they have it on level pegging with Kendrick, Sufjan and Jamie XX.

Stream here if you haven't heard yet.

Pitchfork are a bunch of c**ts. This album is good, but it isn't as good as Lonerism.

Perhaps with time I'll believe it is though, not ruling that out. But Pitchfork are still c**ts.