Tame Impala

Brad2434

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Love Jagwar Ma, they were incredible at Glastonbury in 2013. 

When I was working for Oxfam last year I overheard someone on the radio saying that they had two people at their vehicle gate (before the festival had started, a Tuesday I think) claiming they were a band called 'Jagwar Ma'. No one on the radio had ever heard of them and they didn't appear to be on the list so weren't allowed in. I would have loved to have been on that gate to see whether it actually was them.

Managed to sleep through their set in the JP tent a few years ago, which I was really looking forward to. I woke up (confused) whilst the next band were playing. Seen them since though, and really enjoyed them. Their first album is great, so I'm hopeful the new material will be as well.

Roll on Feb! 

I'm going to have to give 'Currents' another go sometime soon. Admittedly, I only listened to it 1 or 2 times when it was released but I found most of it pretty forgettable :(

likewise - just really didn't do anything for me. they'll inevitably be playing Glastonbury next year so i guess i'll give it another go

Great news on Jagwar Ma. Seen TI at bestival and in the Olympia in Liverpool recently, hoping their set for next summers events is more currents-heavy, quite a few songs I'm wanting to hear live still from the album. Cause I'm a man and the moment we're glorious. Eventually is by far my favourite Tame track from everything they've put out. JP headliner hopefully. Although I'm still ticketless

• 3 months later...

Anyone manage to catch them at the MEN/Ally Pally over the last few nights?

Saw them in Manchester and thought they were fantastic tbh. KP is gradually getting better and better as a front man on the big stage. Currents is catapulting the band to new heights. The whole album seems to be just one mass singalong (in the standing crowd anyway) along with their older classics.

I'm hoping they're on the bill this year again. I saw them in 2013 when I'd only really listened to a bit of Lonerism and it felt a bit flat in the middle of the afternoon.

The lightshow and colourful ticker tape that seemed to fly up countless times really owes to a show in the dark. Which really only means a tent or a headline slot to do it justice. I don't know whether these other stage slots are nailed on already but surely they're in with a shout?! They're too big I think for the park or west holts now surely...

Yeah just got back from Ally Pally

It's rare you see acts that inspire such positivity within everyone around you. I danced my ass off, and realised I was watching one of the most spectacular musicians of a generation. LOVED IT. 

Echo the sentiments about Jagwar Ma as well. Had never really given them much time but they really impressed me.

In terms of TI for Glastonbury, I got to thinking on the way home where they'd be these days. My sad conclusion was that they'd be too big for the Park now which to my mind would be the ultimate setting for them. 

Edited by Alcatraz