Tame Impala

Brad2434

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely amazing, I remember seeing them when they played a very empty pyramid early afternoon slot back in 201? and thinking "damn these guys are good".

Was an absolute joy to watch and listen to before heading off to see New Order. 

Strangely enough I saw them again later that day in 201? At the Park before Pulp played, it seems that they always set me up to see a legend :D

absolutely smashed it I thought. such great vibes all around us and a great crowd for them too (even if plenty were probably just there for Adele!).

Kevin was clearly very moved by it all too and seems to absolutely love the festival. and to think GFL only booked them a few weeks before they were announced!

5 hours ago, GlastoLuvvinJock said:

Absolutely amazing, I remember seeing them when they played a very empty pyramid early afternoon slot back in 201? and thinking "damn these guys are good".

Was an absolute joy to watch and listen to before heading off to see New Order. 

Strangely enough I saw them again later that day in 201? At the Park before Pulp played, it seems that they always set me up to see a legend :D

I absolutely love them but remember seeing them before Pulp on the Park in 2011 and they were bloody terrible! Was a shame as I loved that first album. Think that may have been the same year as seem to remember them playing the Pyramid that year too. Have upped their live game hugely since though. 

1 hour ago, arcade fireman said:

I absolutely love them but remember seeing them before Pulp on the Park in 2011 and they were bloody terrible! Was a shame as I loved that first album. Think that may have been the same year as seem to remember them playing the Pyramid that year too. Have upped their live game hugely since though. 

That would be the year, I remember thinking how great their music was but their stage presence was lacking, they reminded me of a group of Waynes World Garth's that year.

19 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I know nothing about this band but saw them and really thoroughly bloody well enjoyed it. What album did they play mostly from?

Mainly from 2nd album Lonerism and 3rd/new album Currents. The first one innerspeaker is also a cracking album.

Even though one of fav bands, I was worried they might choke it in the slot they had, and almost didn't go to watch as thought i might hear lots of moans around me asking who they were.

After watching foals on Friday and remembering how much i love that sunset slot on the pyramid i decided i would go but get down near the front.

They absolutely smashed it! Much bigger crowd than I had expected and everyone (granted near the front) seemed well into it.

I think the fact they can drop a few livelier tracks from recent albums is definitely helping the live show now, plus the guy seems to have grown massively in confidence since i have seen them previous.

Also loved hearing Alter ego which i havent heard them do live before from that 1st album. Still miss half full glass of wine and solitude is bliss though. I suppose their sound has moved on so much they have to be dropped from festival slots now?

2 hours ago, internetjef said:

Mainly from 2nd album Lonerism and 3rd/new album Currents. The first one innerspeaker is also a cracking album.

Even though one of fav bands, I was worried they might choke it in the slot they had, and almost didn't go to watch as thought i might hear lots of moans around me asking who they were.

After watching foals on Friday and remembering how much i love that sunset slot on the pyramid i decided i would go but get down near the front.

They absolutely smashed it! Much bigger crowd than I had expected and everyone (granted near the front) seemed well into it.

I think the fact they can drop a few livelier tracks from recent albums is definitely helping the live show now, plus the guy seems to have grown massively in confidence since i have seen them previous.

Also loved hearing Alter ego which i havent heard them do live before from that 1st album. Still miss half full glass of wine and solitude is bliss though. I suppose their sound has moved on so much they have to be dropped from festival slots now?

Cheers! I will get hold of them. There is a flaming lips feel to this band I think.

I was quite a way back and the crowd were really going for it there too. Great stuff all round!

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Cheers! I will get hold of them. There is a flaming lips feel to this band I think.

I was quite a way back and the crowd were really going for it there too. Great stuff all round!

There was a split EP a couple of years ago where Tame Impala and Flaming Lips covered a couple of each other's songs.

Agree with what everyone is saying tho. They killed it and were probably my second favourite set of the weekend. Looking forward to seeing them headline some fests soon.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

There was a split EP a couple of years ago where Tame Impala and Flaming Lips covered a couple of each other's songs.

Agree with what everyone is saying tho. They killed it and were probably my second favourite set of the weekend. Looking forward to seeing them headline some fests soon.

Nice one I'll try and find that.

Who was your first favourite?

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I knew little about lcd, but I was there and it was nothing short of utterly sensational! I can't imagine how good it must have been if you're a fan. 

Well it's good to see that people outside of their fanbase really got into it too.

Seemed like there were fairly few poor sets this year that I've heard about. Can't think of any major disappointments for me personally and I had this one - Tame Impala - pegged as most likely to shit the bed, based on reviews of their past shows.

Edited by dentalplan

Felt the exact same, thought a JP headline slot - much less people and containing only really their fans - would have been the way to go, and that they could have got lost on the pyramid. It was amazing though never seen Kevin have as much fun on the stage as he seemed to do Saturday night. Few albums and years down the line I can really see them headlining if they continue to progress their music and live show, it's incredible how much it's improved in recent years

Up there with one of my favourites of the weekend, they absolutely smashed it, new album sounding great live. I was worried they would lose some atmosphere on the bigger stage, but was happily proved very wrong. Kevin Parker looked so happy to be there. Also had a cracking joint rolled ready so was very wavey. Perfect music for the sun going down on Saturday night at Glastonbury, with news coming shortly before that, that Wales were through to the quarters of the Euros. Great evening!

Watching their set now. My one regret from the weekend. I missed them through compromise, and didn't put up much of a fight as I thought they would sink in that slot. They sound bloody great. Really gutted about this one.