Tame Impala

Brad2434

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could headline the park? Because so far it's looking like it could be Super Furry Animals/Belle and Sebastian/Spiritualized/Ryan Adams etc. and all of those are older acts. I think they like to put one newish act on the Park stage every year

bit big for that imo, although not impossible. there's a ridiculous amount of acts that would make fantastic Park headliners this year

it does appear that his glastonbury is only one of mark ronsons live shows

its got to be hasnt it?

The article is by an Australian radio station. Mark Ronson and Tame Impala are both playing at an Australian festival in July, so it would more than likely be in reference to that

Yeah I'd be surprised to see anyone travel halfway around the world for a guest slot on one song. Similarly no European shows until August should kill off their chances completely but fingers crossed that means they can come back next year in a higher berth after the album's performed well in the end of year lists.

Could headline the park? Because so far it's looking like it could be Super Furry Animals/Belle and Sebastian/Spiritualized/Ryan Adams etc. and all of those are older acts. I think they like to put one newish act on the Park stage every year

I think Caribou will take a spot, think he fulfills the quota for a 'newer' act, despite having been around a while in some shape or form.

I think Caribou will take a spot, think he fulfills the quota for a 'newer' act, despite having been around a while in some shape or form.

Yeah I originally thought he'd be headlining the park but I have a feeling he might be subheadlining Hot Chip on the west holts now

Kevin Parker did a Q&A on reddit this morning, had a quick read whilst on the night shift. He always comes across as a down to earth sort of bloke. One answer that stood out though was the answer to "How do you feel about people streaming your music for free?"

His reply...

Eh.... I feel like music will be free sooner or later, and i think I'm all for it. There's all this talk of music needing a monetary value, this ownership of music, even that it needs a physical form. But intrinsically... it's MUSIC, it should be better than that. Some of my most important musical experiences were from a burnt CD with songs my friend downloaded for me at a terrible digital quality... I didn't care... it changed my life all the same. For me the value of music is the value you extract from it. You want to know a story? Up until recently, from all of tame impala's record sales outside of australia I had received.... zero dollars. Someone high up spent the money before it got to me. I may never get that money. Then Blackberry and some tequila brand or something put my song in an ad. Then I bought a house and set up a studio. I know what you're thinking... "wait so...when I bought an album I was helping some businessman pay for his mansion on an island somewhere, and when some dude bought a mobile phone he was helping to pay an artist? WHHHYY?" I'll tell you why, IT'S MONEY. It doesn't always go where you want it to go. It's like a shopping trolley with a bung wheel. As far as I'm concerned the best thing you can do for an artist is LISTEN to the music...fall in love with it.......talk about it.........get it however you can get it....Let the corporations pay for. This is just my brain rambling remember, I'm sure there are holes in my theories... for example I realise not everyone's music is suited to a mobile phone ad, and it would be lame if artists tailored their music for that purpose.

Very interesting! Full topic is here if you fancy a read http://nr.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/34clpm/i_am_kevin_parker_from_tame_impala_ask_me_anything/

Edit: Before anyone asks, I did ask him if he would be at glastonbury, twice, no response :banghead: but the new album is out in June.

Also his response to "who are some contemporary artists that you're really into at the moment?"

Was.... "Kanye west, Tyler the Creator & Caribou"

Edited by Brad2434

Is it unusual that they are due to release an album in June and have seven weeks around that period with no gigs lined up?

I had ruled them out in my mind, but the more i think about it i could see them doing a few sneaky promo shows and maybe a festival appearance in June (at Glasto) to promote it and then do a full tour in August once the album has settled with everyone.

More than likely its just wishful thinking.

Edited by benscheff

these new songs have got me right excited for the new album. can't say i was really anticipating it that much but sounds like it's gonna be another corker like Lonerism was. a shame if they don't play the festival, but then i'd almost definitely end up missing them anyway so i'm fine with it - will hopefully see em at Bestival

Their tour dates suggest otherwise (I don't think they start playing until mid July?) but you never know!

I am so so so so so desperate for them to play. I think the only places left that they could play this year would be a Park stage headline slot (which they could be too big for) or an Other stage subheadline slot (which they could be too small for).

I just want them in the dark, because I think they suit it better

Edited by Acid_Haze

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Ronson hinting Kevin Parker will be joining him at Glastonbury. Would definitely be more interested in seeing Ronson with KP- Daffodils is a tune and apparently Andrew Wyatt (Miike Snow) is also in the touring band.

More importantly, I hope this means we're gonna see Tame on the lineup, and Pond by extension.

http://www.nme.com/news/tame-impala/85630?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tameimpala

edit: I just realised this is days old and kingcrawler already posted it so sorry! all still true though!

Edited by nofunciona

• 1 month later...