Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And, tapping up your insider trading, @Ddiamondd, is the bush telegraph saying anything regarding the ID of the very special guest at Venue MOT Unit 18 (TTT night) on Saturday...?

Ben

Personally I've been hearing Giant Swan (or Robin on his own) are the special guest but definitely not 100% on that one

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

Four Tet Lost Village set (2021) is now on Soundcloud for those interested! It’s made me so excited for his Brixton shows

Thanks, listening now!

Link for anyone:

Can't guarantee, although when we saw him on the Thursday Brixton show in 2019, it was practically a Live set, 100% Four Tet from what I remember. Friday might be a touch different as it goes on later & has people DJ afterwards.

31 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Thanks, listening now!

Link for anyone:

Can't guarantee, although when we saw him on the Thursday Brixton show in 2019, it was practically a Live set, 100% Four Tet from what I remember. Friday might be a touch different as it goes on later & has people DJ afterwards.

Yeah not sure what deal is. Advertised as Four Tet and friends. Either way I’ll be happy. Got Modeslektor and Jon Hopkins at Printworks the weekend before so will have to be a pretty chilled one at the 4T gig (if that’s possible)

19 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Thanks, listening now!

Link for anyone:

What an insane set, gutted I wasn’t there. 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Sad to report Call Super and Anz are going to drop out of Waterworks. Ben UFO out of action this weekend too and I reckon that won't be the last of it.

Covid striking the heart of the tricksy-banger DJ set. WHP was a vector!

Surprised they haven't released anything on this yet? Do you have any update? 

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Waterworks Crew.

Tomorrow I will be:

Purple t-shirt
Shorts (obviously)
Short hair
Glasses
Beard

Would be delighted to say hi to any threaders who would like to.

Rave hard and safe, team.

Ben
x

You forgot to add "strategically positioned in the centre of the floor for optimal audio enjoyment".

Have an amazing weekend, everyone! Be safe and enjoy! Looks like we've got one more weekend of summer to squeeze out of this shitshow of a year! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

https://clashfinder.com/m/waterworks2021/?user=0tbd10.e0

Updated times here, no replacements 

Yup.

Got to say, Shanti vs Object vs Karenn (DJ) vs Saoirse is an insane clash!

Have tweeted E1 to see if they've replaced Call Super. That line-up does need another reasonably big hitter...

Ben

On 9/22/2021 at 1:20 PM, Tuna said:

Not bad at all. £5.50 for 330ml tins of asahi/meantime tho, so have some tips:

- Go into the star & garter for £5 doubles/pints and £4 tins

- Asahi bar at the back of the main room had 0 queues and served actual pints

Found that the crowd were pretty good in letting people back through, especially cause loads of the lads were all "mate, where are you getting ACTUAL pints?" and shielding you like you're a VIP while they mine you for info. 

The food was a nightmare btw, only one truck (plus the pretty hard to find 'plant room') so I'd get a big lunch in... 

damn didnt realise about asahi pint bar!

we went in plant room and waited 45 mins for pizza & stopped waiting after that & left pizza less. If theyre gonna do these long events with very early entry times they need to sort better food provision

Well Waterworks was special. Each of the stages had its own personal touch with the stage production blowing everything I’ve seen this summer out of the water. Siren stage was a personal favourite but I’m an absolute sucker for anything amongst trees! Hi hat as well was was nice and cosy. 
Ended the night right at the front for Cedar watching Nicholas Lutz b2b Craig Richards, getting blasted by the smoke machine every 5 minutes or so, which in my wide-eyed stupor added to euphoria I was already feeling. 

First to admit that electronic music isn’t really my forte, however over the last few years I’ve noticed myself steering closer towards these kind of events and very much enjoying a day long boogy. Hats of to the perseverance of my friends I suppose. 

Will he snapping up tickets for next year as soon as they are announced. 

• Upvote 1

Wow the new WHP is a bit special then isn't it!

Main room is a colossal beast with the wow factor, but I swerved it for most of the day/night other than a tiny bit of Jasper James and then India Jordan (who was playing hard and fast on the boundaries between house and techno, which we love to see).

EFFY in archive was a nice techno workout but then I spent the majority of the rest of the evening at the Concourse. I think I fell in love with that stage. The Dan Shake and Hunee double header was just vibes on vibes on vibes on vibes, and every tune just sounded absolutely huge. We had prime position on the raised stage bit to the side of the decks, and it felt like everyone was riding the same wave, proper hands in air hugging strangers stuff. 

Ended up back in main for the end of Carl's set but I was done by that point. 

Huge. 

• Upvote 2

Now everyone's getting swept up in Glastonbury booking storms, I wanna talk IICON. I recall @Ddiamondd had some intel that the bookers tried to book (some members of?) Kraftwerk in pre-covid times, so we know there's potential to pull something huge out, and field fits 10k iirc. 

In the absence of info from the big D himself, and imagining that an IICON headliner would run slightly later than the main stage ones (1am perhaps), who we thinking?

(Thom Yorke / Aphex Twin seem like 'obvious' ones but I'd expect something a bit more leftfield from the block9 crew. Oo, the elaenia show would have been perfect huh) 

I’d completely forgotten how insane some of the more mainstream dance stage lineups were in 2019.

Stonebridge, WOW on Thursday and Friday, Glade Friday and Saturday, Arcadia Friday and Saturday, Sonic on Saturday.

IIcon’s lineup was too out there for me to be honest, but the stage set up was just incredible. Caught 10 mins of someone’s set and the stage blew my mind. Get they do their thing but would be cool to get someone on there that had slightly more broad appeal - tho I get that’s perhaps sacrilege.

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Now everyone's getting swept up in Glastonbury booking storms, I wanna talk IICON. I recall @Ddiamondd had some intel that the bookers tried to book (some members of?) Kraftwerk in pre-covid times, so we know there's potential to pull something huge out, and field fits 10k iirc. 

In the absence of info from the big D himself, and imagining that an IICON headliner would run slightly later than the main stage ones (1am perhaps), who we thinking?

(Thom Yorke / Aphex Twin seem like 'obvious' ones but I'd expect something a bit more leftfield from the block9 crew. Oo, the elaenia show would have been perfect huh) 

Would Caribou, Four Tet, Maribou State or Bicep be considered big enough?

Maybe Orbital, Massive Attack or Portishead would be possible as big heritage electronica acts. 

They could also go for a more commercial big name like Marshmello, but imagine that could be prohibitively expensive (and potentially unpopular?).