Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

49 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I only listened to Bicep this past week. I’d never heard them before. I can’t remember the last time I felt genuinely emotional over an electronic track, it’s been a while. But Atlas did that. My god, that’s a tune. Really loving their sound. 

Yes, if indeed they are on West Holts, it's going to be a moment. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I only listened to Bicep this past week. I’d never heard them before. I can’t remember the last time I felt genuinely emotional over an electronic track, it’s been a while. But Atlas did that. My god, that’s a tune. Really loving their sound. 

I felt like that when Jon Hopkin's brought out Singularity (in particular the track Everything Connected) and was content that it would probably be a very long time before I felt that kind of powerful feeling again.....

Bicep: "Hold my coat"

Edited by LostHorizon

Carl Cox self confirmed on twitter today

image.png.ecd1e68bd50c9019f189013e5fd61dd2.png

---

Also - with the main late night stages what time do their biggest acts play? Straight after headliners or at like 3am?

Edited by gfa

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Can be a mix. Generally about 12 ish at Arcadia. I think Cox & Jamie Jones did 12-3 last year

Cheers - straight over from the headliners then most likely. Is much going on dance wise wed/thursday by the way?

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Cheers - straight over from the headliners then most likely. Is much going on dance wise wed/thursday by the way?

I actually thought Thursday was the unsung hero of the dance acts last year, Ross From Friends and Prospa absolutely killed it, hoping for very similar vein this year or decent Raven/Housey stuff 

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Could we get a Fontaines D.C. DJ set on Arcadia do you think?

Surely theres nowhere near the demand to warrant them on Arcadia

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So four tet off the main poster… where are we placing him?

he doesnt really do a live set does he so its going to be a DJ set but needs to be in / at a big venue cos he’s massive. He did WOW one time and it was very busy. I’m thinking sonic headliner?

Dont think a DJ set cuts it on a live stage with a circa midnight curfew like park.

other option is IICON? Or is it just Pangea?

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

So four tet off the main poster… where are we placing him?

he doesnt really do a live set does he so its going to be a DJ set but needs to be in / at a big venue cos he’s massive. He did WOW one time and it was very busy. I’m thinking sonic headliner?

Dont think a DJ set cuts it on a live stage with a circa midnight curfew like park.

other option is IICON? Or is it just Pangea?

He does do a live set but I think it will be a DJ set. 

Is there ever acts from SE Corner or Pangea on first poster? I’ve taken it to mean he’s going to be on JP or something.

36 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

He played at the WOW stage in Silver Hayes I think in 2019 and it was absolutely rammed from what little I remember, I think it was late like 2am, maybe they'll put him on the Park Stage? I've no idea really.

It was insanely rammed, literally could get anywhere near we had to abandon it 

7 hours ago, Madyaker said:

He played at the WOW stage in Silver Hayes I think in 2019 and it was absolutely rammed from what little I remember, I think it was late like 2am, maybe they'll put him on the Park Stage? I've no idea really.

He headlined Park with a live set in 2014. 

Ben

18 hours ago, kalifire said:

They have loads with a similar effect. This remix is also rather lovely https://open.spotify.com/track/3VtTuQ6lypMoOBcm6VMzdh?si=Qu5vpgIrRXyOv1IXbH84Gw&utm_source=copy-link

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

Cracking track

would also like to throw in Dahlia, and their remix of 808 state for similar veins to Opal 

That In Yer Face remix is amazing - hope 808 state are at Glastonbury never got the chance to see them and Pacific has been one of my favourite songs for a while. Potentially even a must-see for me.

I think Just is my favourite of theirs. Glue / Apricots finale live was phenomenal, probably the best 10 minutes of music i've ever listened to.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

That In Yer Face remix is amazing - hope 808 state are at Glastonbury never got the chance to see them and Pacific has been one of my favourite songs for a while. Potentially even a must-see for me.

I think Just is my favourite of theirs. Glue / Apricots finale live was phenomenal, probably the best 10 minutes of music i've ever listened to.

I’ve only ever caught them at Parklife and it was middle of the day so I didn’t get the full experience so they’re on my hit list 

glue will forever be an anthem, it was my gateway into burial (bit backwards I know ) but ‘Just’ is seriously special 

on a sidetrack , Diplo released his album today, some massive tracks on there, chances of him being somewhere ?

21 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

I’ve only ever caught them at Parklife and it was middle of the day so I didn’t get the full experience so they’re on my hit list 

glue will forever be an anthem, it was my gateway into burial (bit backwards I know ) but ‘Just’ is seriously special 

on a sidetrack , Diplo released his album today, some massive tracks on there, chances of him being somewhere ?

I always thought of Diplo as more of a creamfields act vs more curated. I heard his recent one with Disclosure can't say i was too impressed