Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5co77ie

Latitude 2015

Well.......I got guest passes this year....BUT....i know in previous years, the collection point for tickets was also selling tickets. AND....because the 'day ticket' entrance is next to the 'guest' entrance, im pretty sure that they were also selling day tickets there on the days too.....

This is all just vague recollection, of course. And....well....my memory isnt the best....

Mean Fiddler/Festival Republic used to do the same thing at "sold out" Reading until a few years back.

I thought the National's O2 show was the last of their tour for the album? i'd have thought that would make any gigs next year unlikely as they rest up/prep the new album

Anyone know where these rumours are coming from? Like Will I didn't expect either to be active. My God I would die if they were both there. Would have to go.

Heck.

Still don't expect either to be around next year. Maybe Cave to play solo?

He is playing solo with the bad seeds in his band anyway...

He is playing solo with the bad seeds in his band anyway...

Always a strange one that.

Solo wouldn't work on a large main stage.

Either would tempt me, both would force me.

THIS in a nutshell. I've always fancied Latitude but it's a bit too close to Glasto, I think, which has put me off. But yeah, both and I'd have to. If it's just one I might go for the day, mind.

Alt j playing optimus alive festival in portugal 9th july, so around and a strong bet for headliner...

From the sublime to the mundane in one easy step ;)

Latitude is absolutely lovely if you can get past the strict regiment, the tutting and the tweens.

Edit: Which, I might add, isn't really bad at all.

Latitude is absolutely lovely if you can get past the strict regiment, the tutting and the tweens.

Edit: Which, I might add, isn't really bad at all.

Being native to Manchester, lots of my rage is directed towards southern students, they are the bane of my damn life. But I find the ones at Latitude are all unwavering polite, and there for a good time without being dicks or bothering anyone. Such a lovely atmosphere, it's where I fill my tanks up full of goodwill towards the human race each year, I'd probably lose my mind without it. The security checks on the way in are a bit of a pain the arse, but a necessary evil, and security are all but invisible once you're in.

The ones at Latitude may have never interacted or even seen a northerner and are too intimidated to be anything but polite to you.

Solo wouldn't work on a large main stage.

Either would tempt me, both would force me.

Nah I didn't mean to headline, to play a smaller slot.

Edit: Although people probably wouldn't notice the difference and/or everyone who would see him with the Seeds will turn up to see him anyway, and he'd probably draw too big a crowd to play a smaller stage.

Ticketmaster are still selling tickets for next year, and last time I looked it was still at this years prices!

- do they have a box office ?

They have to have a box office to give out the tickets SEE and Tickemaster fail to send out every year :-D

I had an absolute blast this year, possibly one of the best festivals I've ever attended, whoever is playing, I'll be tugging at the wife's coat-tails (2 weeks after glasto this year was doable, next year maybe not so) to get tickets, bad seeds, national, b+s, fuck yes, those three would definitely see me attend

Probably soon, I think it tends to be a week or so after the first R&L announcement

Ahh nice one, I thought it was fairly early on. I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed for Nick Cave or Portishead then

Probably soon, I think it tends to be a week or so after the first R&L announcement

"tends to be", it's happened once. Does seem like we're getting something soon though, the Facebook page is stirring, they'll need something to go with tickets going on sale.

Well after reading the efests interview I'm going for

Portishead - special act they've been after.

B&S - headlined before

XX - played latitude before and moving up the line up.

I would say it's a lot of wishful thinking as well.