Latitude 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Melvin Benn say that though? A man whose hyperbole knows no bounds (and that's not a hyperbole).

Yep that's true. I can't see them playing anyway really. Longitude doesn't share that much and it does have more pop and dance than Latitude does so a booking like Chems (or Disclosure last year) for Longitude won't be the same as it is for Latitude.

Yep that's true. I can't see them playing anyway really. Longitude doesn't share that much and it does have more pop and dance than Latitude does so a booking like Chems (or Disclosure last year) for Longitude won't be the same as it is for Latitude.

Buzzin, the Bjork train is back on track.

Noticed that Benicassim has Melvin as Festival Director. It is also the same weekend as Latitude. It also has Portishead and Florence as headliners - which together with Alt-J would make up the previously specified headliner makeup. (edit, gaah noticed the headliner thread)

Edited by tillyandthewall

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed that Benicassim has Melvin as Festival Director. It is also the same weekend as Latitude. It also has Portishead and Florence as headliners - which together with Alt-J would make up the previously specified headliner makeup. (edit, gaah noticed the headliner thread)

if Portishead get confirmed for latitude, that's me going -on own probably

See Ben Howard and Bombay Bicycle Club are playing a one day festival in London on 19 July. Not sure what that means for Latitude in terms of appearances or ticket sales for that matter! Probably unlikely to be at Latitude?....

Wouldve been surprised if BBC were there again this year after playing last year though.

Ben Howard wouldve been a top headliner though

See Ben Howard and Bombay Bicycle Club are playing a one day festival in London on 19 July. Not sure what that means for Latitude in terms of appearances or ticket sales for that matter! Probably unlikely to be at Latitude?....

Wouldve been surprised if BBC were there again this year after playing last year though.

Ben Howard wouldve been a top headliner though

the 19th is the Sunday so it is still doable for Ben Howard to headline the Friday or Saturday if he's willing to pull a quick turnaround

I think that Ben Howard is a future headliner (and big enough to headline now) his last album is much better than the first + he has played a high slot previously.

I think that London festival makes him less likely though - not based on anything other than impact on ticket sales for both festivals.

Personally I would be happy if he wasn't headlining Latitude this year - other options discussed seem more appealing.

Although I would take him over 2DCC as an act who has worked there way up the festival. Really not that fond of 2DCC.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

I'm taking a stand against these parent-centric line-ups, no good can come of it. Their musical tastes can't possibly grow once their demanding progeny is stunting it, how can you absorb new music when you can't make it through an album without some loud, tiny bugger screaming at you to make a banana sandwich and climbing on all the furniture?

I'm taking a stand against these parent-centric line-ups, no good can come of it. Their musical tastes can't possibly grow once their demanding progeny is stunting it, how can you absorb new music when you can't make it through an album without some loud, tiny bugger screaming at you to make a banana sandwich and climbing on all the furniture?

You're right of course, now when's the date of rewind again

If Paulo Nutini and Ben Howard headlined in the same year it'd be embarrassing, those two names at the top of the bill would make it look like a mums' festival.

That's the way it's going these days though. If years ago we could have two spikey indie bands at the top of the bill, why in these dark days of the "pop singer-songwriter" should they not book like this?

And in an era where Mumford and Sons are headlining Reading, and Sheeran is going three nights at Wembley, anything is possible I'm afraid.

What happens if you're a young parent? If I had a little whippersnapper now would I become a mum who attends Latitude to see Ben Howard and Paolo Nutini? I'm stumped now

Can't afford it and more likely to be going to Icelands while playing N Dubz really loud at the back of the bus and having a cheeky cigarette.