Latitude 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to our other Latitude 2015 thread?

My thoughts the same as you guys, not buying from see after this years fuck ups, definitely buying when they come out though. Made this plain to FR on Facebook, as have many others, hopefully they learn from this.

My thoughts the same as you guys, not buying from see after this years fuck ups, definitely buying when they come out though. Made this plain to FR on Facebook, as have many others, hopefully they learn from this.

It's still here, don't worry

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/187834-latitude-2015/page-2

They havent. As early bird tickets are now sold.

Not so much 'sold out' as stopped selling. Had emails from them saying would be stopping selling the Early Birds. Last year however they kept on selling them into the New Year so maybe this means they have sold as many of them as they wanted, who knows.

Did they go into the new year last/this year? I seem to them remember being gone soonish, thought this time it was a bit embarrassing they were still flogging them now, thought these things were supposed to be gone soon after the fest. I had a theory that they'd pulled them from sale because nobody was buying them.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if 2015 being Latitude's tenth birthday will have a effect on the ticket sales.
I remember 2006 well - I was allocated this bar { first bar after the bridge on the left { both shots from 2006 - Sunday early evening } and it was packed out with midges/mosquitoes - was only there one day and then I was asked to work in the Guest bar - in 2007 I ended back at the small bar { it had been extended by 10 feet } but lucky enough just as I was starting my first shift I was asked to set up a new bar in the Woods so I jumped at the chance and amazingly it was midges/mosquitoes free.
2006 was far more quiet than it is now - no real queues for anything.
have been able to avoid that small bar { which is now four times wider than what it used to be } ever since but I do know it still attracts lots of midges/mosquitoes.

latitude-main-area.jpg

latitude-bar.jpg

I wonder if 2015 being Latitude's tenth birthday will have a effect on the ticket sales.
I remember 2006 well - I was allocated this bar { first bar after the bridge on the left { both shots from 2006 - Sunday early evening } and it was packed out with midges/mosquitoes - was only there one day and then I was asked to work in the Guest bar - in 2007 I ended back at the small bar { it had been extended by 10 feet } but lucky enough just as I was starting my first shift I was asked to set up a new bar in the Woods so I jumped at the chance and amazingly it was midges/mosquitoes free.
2006 was far more quiet than it is now - no real queues for anything.
have been able to avoid that small bar { which is now four times wider than what it used to be } ever since but I do know it still attracts lots of midges/mosquitoes.

latitude-main-area.jpg

latitude-bar.jpg

I was there too. I realise that, it it had continued that wat, we probably would not have a Latitude now. BUT......i loved the quietness of it all. I miss those times.......

I was there too. I realise that, it it had continued that wat, we probably would not have a Latitude now. BUT......i loved the quietness of it all. I miss those times.......

well Melvin { who I personally know } wanted to start out quiet - just to test out the infrastructure - he has changed something's in later years just to deal with the extra numbers - from a bar Production perspective its still a challenge as its difficult to supply the two bars in the Woods - image below is them shifting some stock from the Guest bar in 2012 to ' the in the woods area ' - they don't normally do this by hand but our electric buggies are banned when there is people about - that cart is very heavy duty and even when empty does weigh a fair bit - its a bumpy route they have to take so they cant stack it too high - for a few years I spent most of my time shifting stock along that route so I know what a pain in the arse it can be { and I used to do it with less helpers }
FR have to get a happy balance between space and numbers - I cant say if they have it right because I never got into the arena in 2014 { I had a leg injury so could not move about much } - in 2013 at times it did feel crowded but that is expected - time will tell as to the new 2015 layout - it will be interesting to see the changes.

2012-wbc-14.jpg

New layout for 2015? hadn't eard about that. Do you have any ideas?

Melvin trys to change things about at events he is involved in so with the tenth birthday coming up I did hear he had plans to change some things but as to specific details I would suspect they are still being worked on - I would expect this will be made clear in December or soon afterwards.
He will not shuffle everything about but there is room to expand certain areas or perhaps slot in a new area if he feels that will enhance the event.
Its clear there is still some bottlenecks ' at times ' so this may be close to the top of his list - time will tell.

I think this year (compared to 2013) was better, space wise. I ASSUMED this was because it wasnt completely sold out?!? OR....maybe it was i/we saw things that wasn't the most popular?!? Either way, i thought last year was the right balance of space and business....

I think this year (compared to 2013) was better, space wise. I ASSUMED this was because it wasnt completely sold out?!? OR....maybe it was i/we saw things that wasn't the most popular?!? Either way, i thought last year was the right balance of space and business....

I cant really say as I did not even leave the crew area for the whole weekend this year { due to a leg injury at Glastonbury } but over the years it has got predictable the areas that will be packed out - there was some years where they brought in a one way system to try and improve things in the Woods area although that extra bridge did help out.Time will tell as to how 2015 goes
so how many tickets went unsold ?

I do balk at the idea of the comedy tent being bigger. Obviously, it would be much easier to get the numbers into the tent if it were bigger. BUT......i feel its too big already. There is a lake of atmosphere in there. Whereas, this year i watched a few comedy things in the 'cabaret' tent during the day. And it was MUCH better atmosphere wise.

I think some sort of 'screen' in the lake, with a designated seating area, showing the stuff in the comedy tent, might be a good idea......chilling out. In the sun. watching the funnies. might work.....

The slope upwards in the Comedy tent is uncomfortable to sit on, isn't it? It is for me, I don't know if this is everyone or just my anatomy is wrong, but it's painful. A slope downwards is way more pleasing to sit on. This probably contributes nothing to the thread, Melvin can't order the soil to pull its finger out and slope down, I just thought I'd bring it up.

not working for FR in any paid capacity, i couldnt tell you ANY figures. But, i am pretty sure (85% certain) that they were selling tickets on site this year........maybe?!?

if they were weekend tickets then you would expect them to have posted that on their site as after all not many would show up without tickets - I know at Reading they used to sell them { they had a box office but they dropped that a few years ago } if they had any spare - I dont know the public entrance to Latitude - do they have a box office ?

Well.......I got guest passes this year....BUT....i know in previous years, the collection point for tickets was also selling tickets. AND....because the 'day ticket' entrance is next to the 'guest' entrance, im pretty sure that they were also selling day tickets there on the days too.....

This is all just vague recollection, of course. And....well....my memory isnt the best....