Latitude 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's your top tip for this year, retromoz? I remember I got into the Phantom Band on the back of you getting excited about them on the official boards last year, their album was one of my favourites of last year and their set was a highlight of the fest, anything you're particularly excited about on this one?

If you don't know them, Lawn, I couldn't recommend Adult Jazz highly enough.

They're debut LP - Gist Is - was my AOTY for 2014.

Saw them at Green Man last year and they were phenomenally good...

Ben

If you don't know them, Lawn, I couldn't recommend Adult Jazz highly enough.

They're debut LP - Gist Is - was my AOTY for 2014.

Saw them at Green Man last year and they were phenomenally good...

Ben

Yeah I'll be really gutted if adult jazz are clashing with Portishead, gist is was a great lp. Hoping they'll clash with Noel/SBTRKT as wouldn't be fussed about seeing Noel or missing SBTRKT (although I imagine it'd be a fun show).

Who's your top tip for this year, retromoz? I remember I got into the Phantom Band on the back of you getting excited about them on the official boards last year, their album was one of my favourites of last year and their set was a highlight of the fest, anything you're particularly excited about on this one?

You know, i bang on about things i like. And i assume no one listens. So, its REALLY pleasing someone now loves Phantom Band after i bang on about them. :)

As for this year? Well, ive listed my top 10 in another place. BUT....i would recommend Nadine Shah. She is BRILLIANT!!! A wonderful voice. If your looking for brooding menace & songs about the pointlessness of love (but, you know.....in a good way), watch her. :)

You know, i bang on about things i like. And i assume no one listens. So, its REALLY pleasing someone now loves Phantom Band after i bang on about them. :)

As for this year? Well, ive listed my top 10 in another place. BUT....i would recommend Nadine Shah. She is BRILLIANT!!! A wonderful voice. If your looking for brooding menace & songs about the pointlessness of love (but, you know.....in a good way), watch her. :)

Moz, you will be pleased too that I listened to The Phantom Band on spotify after your suggestion and ordered the album (on vinyl - when I picked it up from Resident in Brighton they had written on the receipt 'great choice, hope you are seeing them live'!) and they were one of the highlights of the festival, really enjoying their current album too.

Agree on Nadine Shah, have pre-ordered her 2nd album (gets me two tickets to see her instore appearance)

Thought this year's line up was a bit meh in places. Some bookings not best suited to Lattitude, esp. give their presence at other festivals and some I felt were in the wrong place. For no purpose other than personal interest I how would you guys react to my adjusted line up if it was what was announced yesterday???

Friday:

Alt-J

Caribou

Wild Beasts

Lianne Le Havas

Naomi Shelton

Jon Hopkins

Savages

Public Service Braodcasting

Tord y Moi

Saturday:

Portishead

James Blake

Laura Marling

Django Django

Jose Gonzale

Alabama Shakes

Fat White Family

Glass Animals

Wolf Alice

Sunday:

Interpol

The Vaccines

Sleater Kinney

Farther John Misty

Young Fathers

Sbtrkt

La Roux

Years & Years

Drenge

Edited by DGrant261

Aww shit, guys, I've got a very bad feeling about the Sunday lunctime slot. Look at the wording on this page

http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up/artist/gareth-malone-presents-voices-and-latitude-choir

Surely they can't be serious? This cannot be it.

EDIT: Looking at it, I think this must be the classical music guest they usually have on the Sunday, but in the past three years, they haven't been on the main stage, Alison Balsom, Lang Lang and The House Gospel Choir (who aren't really classical, but played that slot) were all on the Waterfront Stage, I'm hoping it's the same thing, just moved onto main because of crowds, and we'll still get a proper Sunday legends' slot. This'd properly taking the piss.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Also how are Drenge so low?

This is something I thought also. Their album was the album I listened to most last year according to my Spotify end of year review, I kind of assumed that was the case for everyone else as well. I cried twice during their set at glastonbury last year, though I also cried during Kelis' set soon after because I saw a Rik Mayall flag so I may have been a tad emotionally imbalanced that day. I also cried during the Wailers... There was something very wrong with me that weekend.

Listened to the couple of new Drenge tracks available on Spotify last night. One of them reminded me a lot of 80s Matchbox B-line Disaster, which is never a bad thing, looking forward to the new album whenever it is due.

They should definitely be higher on the bill, third to headlining 6 music stage easily.

I think this must be the classical music guest they usually have on the Sunday, but in the past three years, they haven't been on the main stage, Alison Balsom, Lang Lang and The House Gospel Choir (who aren't really classical, but played that slot) were all on the Waterfront Stage, I'm hoping it's the same thing, just moved onto main because of crowds, and we'll still get a proper Sunday legends' slot. This'd properly taking the piss.

The classical music guest is one of my favourite bits of Latitude, so I'd be mightily pissed off if it was traded with Gareth's dodgy choir. I presumed the Lang Lang slot was going to be taken by the Kaiser Quartett and Chilly Gonzales - its a sort of a fit.

Sadly, I think you're original instinct might have substance - not so very different from the Scala choir, after all - be afraid, be very afraid.

That said, the glass half full thing to do would be to sign up and spend Sunday lunchtime performing on the Obelisk Stage - how cool would that be?

That said, the glass half full thing to do would be to sign up and spend Sunday lunchtime performing on the Obelisk Stage - how cool would that be?

As a means of getting to a place where I can punch Gareth Malone right in the face in front of a few thousand people, it would be very cool.

This can't be it, I remember the other ones all being announced on their own, closer to the fest.

You really weren't wrong with Nadine Shah, retromoz! Really brilliant stuff, I take my hat off to you, sir.

We're searching the UK and Ireland for extraordinary guitar players who are willing to jam, strum and pluck their way to victory for the chance to perform on the main stage of major UK music festival Latitude.

Aww shit, guys, I've got a very bad feeling about the Sunday lunctime slot. Look at the wording on this page

http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up/artist/gareth-malone-presents-voices-and-latitude-choir

Surely they can't be serious? This cannot be it.

EDIT: Looking at it, I think this must be the classical music guest they usually have on the Sunday, but in the past three years, they haven't been on the main stage, Alison Balsom, Lang Lang and The House Gospel Choir (who aren't really classical, but played that slot) were all on the Waterfront Stage, I'm hoping it's the same thing, just moved onto main because of crowds, and we'll still get a proper Sunday legends' slot. This'd properly taking the piss.

When the lineup was first announced I thought this was the Sunday lunchtime slot, but then no one on here had mentioned that so I assumed I was being stupid.

When the lineup was first announced I thought this was the Sunday lunchtime slot, but then no one on here had mentioned that so I assumed I was being stupid.

Either you're being stupid, or Festival Republic are, if it's the latter, we riot.

If you follow the Gareth Malone link the blurb contains the following quote

Ticket holders will have the opportunity to apply to be part of this 100-strong group who will rehearse at several points over the weekend, culminating in a Main Stage lunchtime performance on Sunday 19th July.

Main Stage - Lunchtime - Sunday

No mention of Sunday guest, which I'm pretty sure there has been the last few years...