Latitude 2015

5co77ie

Booked over the weekend for this. First time I will be heading here and pretty excited. I'm a glastonbury guy at heart and first time going for a different festival For me the line up looks great. The hidden gem for me is Unknown Mortal Orchestra on the friday. Also Thurtson Moores latest album is great so will hopefully catch him and his band.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you follow the Gareth Malone link the blurb contains the following quote

Main Stage - Lunchtime - Sunday

No mention of Sunday guest, which I'm pretty sure there has been the last few years...

:fie:

No please, God, no. Why the fuck would they do this to us?

Don't worry guys, remember, portishead are playing!!!!!

This may seem ironic or contrived, but trust me its not.

It's a very unimpressive line-up without Portishead. I've listened to everybody on the line-up now, I'm not taken by a lot of it, I think Pitchfork and the new Eaux Claires festivals being in the US the same weekend has really put them in a corner, there's literally nothing good except Bo Ningen (who were excellent in 2013) on the Truck line-up either.

That said, there's enough there to keep me occupied, I'll probably spend more time relaxing and in the non-music tents this year, it's no bad thing really. I just expected way more from Latitude after so many consecutive years of weekends at Henham Park crammed full of me sprinting between must-see acts that were as brilliant as they were varied and eclectic.

It's a very unimpressive line-up without Portishead. I've listened to everybody on the line-up now, I'm not taken by a lot of it, I think Pitchfork and the new Eaux Claires festivals being in the US the same weekend has really put them in a corner, there's literally nothing good except Bo Ningen (who were excellent in 2013) on the Truck line-up either.

Well no, the Truck lineup is very much an atypical Truck lineup. I don't think Pitchfork snagging Perfume Genius affects it that much. :P

Latitude being as it is now is more of a decision to water it down a little and hopefully sell the thing out rather than their hand being forced.

Well no, the Truck lineup is very much an atypical Truck lineup. I don't think Pitchfork snagging Perfume Genius affects it that much. :P

Latitude being as it is now is more of a decision to water it down a little and hopefully sell the thing out rather than their hand being forced.

I don't think it's any more mainstream than it ever had been, Noel and the Manics are big names, but there's not really many others across the line-up, especially none more than in the past few years. I think 2010 was the last sell-out, 2011-2014 all look way more mainstream than this one.

but....but....its a mainstream festival, isnt it?!? ;p

Yeah, I'm not saying it's an especially niche place, the music side of things is very BBCR6 after all, but it's not gunning for the mainstream any more than it has for the past few years. I think that's what dental meant by "watering down"?

Yeah, I'm not saying it's an especially niche place, the music side of things is very BBCR6 after all, but it's not gunning for the mainstream any more than it has for the past few years. I think that's what dental meant by "watering down"?

To be honest, and this is me being very honest. there does seem to be a lot of festival fodder in the line up. James Blake, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, Caribou, Seasick Steve and Django Django certainly have not been a rarity at festivals in the past few years. Theres probably more but theres a distinct lack of real coups this year Portishead aside.

This does not bother me personally as i have not been at a major festival since 2011 but i can see why some are underwhelmed x

To be honest, and this is me being very honest. there does seem to be a lot of festival fodder in the line up. James Blake, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, Caribou, Seasick Steve and Django Django certainly have not been a rarity at festivals in the past few years. Theres probably more but theres a distinct lack of real coups this year Portishead aside.

This does not bother me personally as i have not been at a major festival since 2011 but i can see why some are underwhelmed x

Yeah, this is how I feel. Alt-J, Vaccines and Noel definitely fall into this category, and even though I like them, so do Jon Hopkins and SBTRKT. That's all but one of the top 2 stages' headliners. Loads of the Radio 6 stage from Saturday will be fucking everywhere this year, as will Years & Years, Manics are everywhere all the time. The rest of the line-up needs to be really really fucking good, somebody always manages to stick a few gems on the Lake Stage for Huw Stevens to claim as his own discoveries, but that's mainly full of stuff that will be shite Radio 1 fodder in a year's time, hopefully we get a few more belters for the Sunrise.

For me:

thurston moore band, 2 bears, adult jazz, caribou, wild beasts, unknown mortal orchestra, savages, wolf alice, sun kil moon, benjamin booker, young fathers, public service broadcasting, king gizzard, marina hackman, the twilight sad, clark, shura, susanne sundfor, ibeyi and curtis harding is a fucking great line-up

Definitely the best line-up in the UK i've seen *so far* this year (bar maybe field day or bestival) - but fd/bestival don't have portishead to top it off.

Sunday is looking weak though. Hopefully Adult Jazz will headline the I arena that night to make up for it.

The Districts my tip to see at Latitude. Brilliant debut album, raw and vibrant (they're not too long out of school!) with a hint of The Strokes if anyone likes them. Quickly developing a reputation. Listen to "4th and Roebling" - see what you think!

Edited by i-wanna-be-adored

The Districts my tip to see at Latitude. Brilliant debut album, raw and vibrant (they're not too long out of school!) with a hint of The Strokes if anyone likes them. Quickly developing a reputation. Listen to "4th and Roebling" - see what you think!

Love the Strokes. While I think these guys need to crank it up a bit to reach those dizzy heights, I see where you're coming from - nice tip - cheers

Edited by sparkythetortoise

Agree. i saw them at the 100 Club a few weeks ago. Brilliant live. i understand why they are so low on the lineup but I'm confident they will be huge in a few years time.

Im really nut that bothered if this Gareth Malone thing is the sunday slot....i mean, i have never seen any of his programmes. But he seem's like an amiable chap whenever i hear him interviewed in the radio. And, you know, a one off Latitude choir? Might be interesting.......

Its not as good, credibility wise, obviously. But neither is it a Tom Jones not playing his hits either. its a 'meh'

My tickets have arrived, UEA are efficient!

Slightly concerned that the ticket says "Family Camping" when I just purchased a general admission weekend camping ticket, which is confirmed by email. Nobody's going to take umbrage at that, are they? I don't think my ticket's ever said family before, but I don't think they have a different wristband or entrance.

My tickets have arrived, UEA are efficient!

Slightly concerned that the ticket says "Family Camping" when I just purchased a general admission weekend camping ticket, which is confirmed by email. Nobody's going to take umbrage at that, are they? I don't think my ticket's ever said family before, but I don't think they have a different wristband or entrance.

Don't worry. Some of our group had family tickets last year (brought his 7yo with him) but no problems in general camping.

We will be taking our 1yo this year, have got fam ly tickets so we can decide whether we go in family camping or not. there is no premium paid on the tickets.

Don't worry. Some of our group had family tickets last year (brought his 7yo with him) but no problems in general camping.

We will be taking our 1yo this year, have got fam ly tickets so we can decide whether we go in family camping or not. there is no premium paid on the tickets.

Cheers, nice to have the peace of mind.