Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

The funny thing is if Arcade Fire, Neil Young or Radiohead was announced then all these "I can't possibly watch a mainstream band, oh my cred" fans would be silent. Can't get more mainstream than that! Hilarious. If you want alternative go to one of other stages. Or don't go! People do love a moan lol

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is if Arcade Fire, Neil Young or Radiohead was announced then all these "I can't possibly watch a mainstream band, oh my cred" fans would be silent. Can't get more mainstream than that! Hilarious. If you want alternative go to one of other stages. Or don't go! People do love a moan lol

you are correct, sir. My point though isnt just about the 'headliners'. ITs the whole thing as a whole.

Eh? you been on the fruit loops this morning? :lol:

Mainstream events have mainstream acts to attract mainstream punters. What part of that aren't you getting?

It's not a "pop festival" as some events are, but it's certainly mainstream.

YOu do not know my 'mental' state, do you. Your previous comment ("i don't know what's going on in your head") insinuate's im 'mad' in some way. Mental health is not a laughing matter. DO you have any idea about what mental health disorders i might have? If i do have said mental health disorders, would the reason i am saying Latitude 'isnt a mainstream festival' just because of whatever is 'going on in my head'? Bit rude.....

I just dont think Latitude can be classed as a 'mainstream' festival, despite the need to maybe book 'mainstream' acts to pull the punters in. I was just trying to argue the case in point is all. Clearly there is a disagreement in this. No harm no fowl.

Just....lay off the personal stuff, yeah? Surely your better than that....

Edited by retromoz

Your previous comment ("i don't know what's going on in your head") insinuate's im 'mad' in some way.

Not at all. It's me saying that I don't know what's going on in your head.

Why do I say that? Cos I don't know what's going on in your head.

But if a statement of fact is a conspiracy to insult, then perhaps you've called it right for yourself. :P

But I wouldn't know, because i don't know what's going on in your head.

I know, I'd just got my hopes up for Portishead and Nick Cave.

You know how Melvin loves a good co-headliner! Or perhaps Nick will do a solo show with full orchestra on Sunday lunchtime, the possibilities are endless (which reminds me, Edwyn Collins should also play)!

Surely TDCC will get their chance again?

Paolo Nutini, Alt J and TDCC!

I'll give you a five second head start before I release the dogs....