• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

If anyone's alright at speaking French and could tweet @Zenith_Paris then we might be able to bury this one by morning. :bubaphone:

No, they clearly haven't actually cancelled/rearranged it yet. They may be willing to take a financial hit - the sales boost from playing Glasto would be worth it.

The tour's been on sale since December, and surely would have sold out quick, does it really fit with the "still got tickets to sell" theory? Or is that out of the frame to be replaced by the "still got 6000 french people to piss off" theory?

Their Hyde Park gig isn't sold out.

Ah, ok, missed that!

gonna piss of a lot of fans though, not a nice way to say au revoir to Paris on their final tour - bit of a dickish thing to do really, if they were that desperate to play Glasto surely they'd have asked the question before putting the dates on sale in December? (Which according to Dave Rowntree is when Glastonbury book their headliners)

From the article - 'This string of dates has been heavily reported as their last ever tour, and perhaps they really do want to make their final appearance in the UK at Glastonbury Festival.'

That kind of makes sense in a twisted way. I still think it's bizarrely improbable but if this really is their last ever tour I can see why they'd want to play Glastonbury over that French gig.

really?

i would think they'd much prefer to play their own gig in London to their own fans, ie. Hyde Park 2 days before.....

playing Glastonbury and cancelling their own gig, when they're presumably retiring, seems like a complete waste of time.

they've nothing to sell/promote, nothing to prove, it's not a big paycheck.....what's the point?

really?

i would think they'd much prefer to play their own gig in London to their own fans, ie. Hyde Park 2 days before.....

playing Glastonbury and cancelling their own gig, when they're presumably retiring, seems like a complete waste of time.

they've nothing to sell/promote, nothing to prove, it's not a big paycheck.....what's the point?

yeah they don't want the global publicity meaning they can enjoy a decent upswing in record sales rather than touring - oh wait, perhaps they might.

Edited by 5co77ie

Ah, ok, missed that!

gonna piss of a lot of fans though, not a nice way to say au revoir to Paris on their final tour - bit of a dickish thing to do really, if they were that desperate to play Glasto surely they'd have asked the question before putting the dates on sale in December? (Which according to Dave Rowntree is when Glastonbury book their headliners)

there's another gig the next night in Paris - not sold out

Presumably the French gig does mean that the story is going to move quickly? Because there's 6,000 odd ticket holders with trains/rooms booked, surely the band willl need to issue either a confirmation or a firm denial pretty quickly.

yeah they don't want the global publicity meaning they can enjoy a decent upswing in record sales rather than touring - oh wait, perhaps they might.

yeah, i'm sure at this stage, the Who are really desperate for that boost in sales of their greatest hits cd that the record company will probably make most of the money from :rolleyes:

Edited by ghostdancer1

I'm surprised people aren't shockingly concerned at the fact Paul Weller was mentioned as potential sub, id sooner gargle hot bleach than watch that, suffering fuck that would be morbid!!

Did Weller not criticise Glastonbury a few years ago as well? That part of the story seems really vague anyway, saying it's an act like him or Noel.

No, they clearly haven't actually cancelled/rearranged it yet. They may be willing to take a financial hit - the sales boost from playing Glasto would be worth it.

If they're in the process of rearranging it or something then surely the venue/promoter would know. They're not just gonna leave them in the lurch and be announced for Glastonbury on top of it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind at least trying to save some money.