What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

Sharon Van Etten has just announced a new album to be released in May. Cannot wait for that, hopefully a slot at Glasto too

My biggest festival regret ever is missing her at Latitude in 2012 because I couldn't get my arse into gear and get out of bed. I also missed Low that year, the rain really brought out the lazy git in me.

already talked about it a bit earlier in the thread but i seriously can't get enough of Wild Beasts new song. initially i was a bit disappointed with the sound of it and the excess of synths / lack of guitars but i've listened to it so much now that i don't even wanna listen to their old stuff anymore - just more material in this vein. really looking forward to their new album. will surely be one of the better albums of 2014 (even if it is still early days)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153739276075352&set=a.10150208101320352.441440.15106420351&type=1&theater

Klaxons with a new album this year! Could be an interesting sound, though I was one of seemingly few who enjoyed the 2nd album.

Should be out in the spring to, so should be on for a tour and a Glasto slot hopefully :D

I don't know where to put this really, but this is the best, most joyous song I've heard in fucking ages. I love it. Makes me grin like a loon everytime I play it. Plus the video has them doing exactly the same moves that we throw outside the stonebridge bar for the Baggy Mondays on the Thursday night :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5X3QJZ1y9A

cheers, fantastic, that will be my romantic song for Mrs Carlosj on Valentine's Day. I'll check if they're touring up t ' north too.

That song Mardy posted is Stanley Brinks and the Wave Pictures, but I see Wave Pictures have done a few albums on their own too, so dunno who sings when that's the case.

Stanley Brinks used be someone else in Herman Dune. He seems to have worked with loads of different bands since leaving Herman Dune

Mhmm I'm not sure on the Klaxons single, I don't think its terrible...but it's not got me excited either.

that seems to be the general opinion i've seen from most people. it's just a quite generic Klaxons song tbh - serves well as a single. i'm sure the album will have some weirder / better moments

Edited by FloorFiller