What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

Would love Jack White to play, I'm a longtime huge fan of The Dead Weather and have only recently deemed it timely to listen to The White Stripes and can't get enough. I streamed Blunderbuss a few times and remember really enjoying it, I probably need to buy it asap. I'd ideally like him to headline Latitude, would make me forgive Melvin for Two Door Cinema Chumps.

I missed Jack White on his last tour because he only played in Edinburgh and i couldn't make it! So this would make my festival if he showed up at one point over the weekend. If not i hope he tours this year at the least then comes to Glasgow this time.

I've loved The White Stripes for so long and would have loved to have had the chance to see them, never really listened to any of his other bands except his own solo album.

On another note how cool would it be if he showed up with Dolly Parton for Jolene?

I missed Jack White on his last tour because he only played in Edinburgh and i couldn't make it! So this would make my festival if he showed up at one point over the weekend. If not i hope he tours this year at the least then comes to Glasgow this time.

I've loved The White Stripes for so long and would have loved to have had the chance to see them, never really listened to any of his other bands except his own solo album.

On another note how cool would it be if he showed up with Dolly Parton for Jolene?

that would be super cool. You didn't miss much at that Edinburgh show. The sound was tertible, could hardly hear Jack's vocals.

it was okay but the sound made it the worst gig out of the 5 I saw him at. Was great that he got both bands on that night though.

Well at least the rest of the times he was good then :) Showing that it was only that one night.

Saw the Dublin date a week before Edinbra. Sound was ace. Gig was mindblowing. Carla Azar - one of the best drummers I've ever seen play.

Glad about that was hoping that it was just the one date i was really angry that i had to miss it at the time but this kind of helps make it better that the night wasn't really worth my money and that he's usually good most of the other times! I heard he played a good few songs on each of the dates too?

Foster The People. I know a few people were looking forward to a new record. We now have a release date, March 18th :)

i've never given them much of a listen despite that Pumped Up Kicks song being such a fantastic little pop song. just given their new song a listen and it's not bad at all so might have to download their album and give them a proper try

I don't know where to put this really, but this is the best, most joyous song I've heard in fucking ages. I love it. Makes me grin like a loon everytime I play it. Plus the video has them doing exactly the same moves that we throw outside the stonebridge bar for the Baggy Mondays on the Thursday night :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5X3QJZ1y9A

Edited by Mardy

I don't know where to put this really, but this is the best, most joyous song I've heard in fucking ages. I love it. Makes me grin like a loon everytime I play it. Plus the video has them doing exactly the same moves that we throw outside the stonebridge bar for the Baggy Mondays on the Thursday night :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5X3QJZ1y9A

That's ace. Great little slab of lo-fi loveliness

Never heard of these. Listened. Really like this tune. Mention it at work. Find out they're playing one of my locals at the start of March. Result.

Thanks, as ever, your royal Mardiness.

Absolute pleasure mate. Nothing better than turning people on to new music :) Made my day, that has.