What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

12 days until Warpaint drops. Can't wait, the tracks they've released so far have been incredible and the new tracks they played at Brixton last year were even better.

Potential to be one of the best albums of 2014 for me!

I'd feel like I was cheating on Haim now :P

Wild Beasts albums are on the top of my list of albums that get me really excited every time there's a new one on the horizon. new song sounds very different from their other stuff but i love it. can't wait for this one!

Agreed, I was listening to their other albums last night after I heard this. They really are outstanding.

A shame I didn't see them when they headlined the Park :( Such an ideal slot for them!

Edited by LondonTom

Fantastic live performance of elephant on the warpaint website, taken from the pitchfork festival which had an amazing lineup

Pitchfork fest always has such a good lineup but then the crowd looks fucking appalling in the videos. always feel so bad for the performers - playing to a bunch of zonked out hipsters swaying from side to side with their iphones in the air

Agreed, I was listening to their other albums last night after I heard this. They really are outstanding.

A shame I didn't see them when they headlined the Park :( Such an ideal slot for them!

so gutted i missed them play Liverpool not long ago! really hope they play Glastonbury, although i fear a mid-day Other Stage slot is where they'd probably play now in front of a much un-interested crowd

according to NME Queens are gunna recored a new album this year, like clockwork will be hard to follow but still look forward to it

not that NME are to be trusted, but if true, that's very quick (especially considering how long it took for ...Like Clockwork to be recorded / released). hopefully now that the gears are turning they're in it for the long run and we can get back to a new album every couple of years again

Edited by FloorFiller

Not looked for a bit. Is it still just the vinyl covers ep? Love The Hold Steady, it was their set at John Peel (in 2009 when I watched it on tv :( ) that got me into them after I'd seen Jessie Malin do a cover of You Can Make Them Like You earlier that year. I've seen them 6 times since, never disapointed.

2014 needs more THS

Yeah that's the one. The 'experiences' offered on the Pledgemusic page were really quite funny though.

I know they've played a couple of times over the past few Glastonburys so hopefully another show is in order. Maybe the Park Stage's turn this time...

not that NME are to be trusted, but if true, that's very quick (especially considering how long it took for ...Like Clockwork to be recorded /

released). hopefully now that the gears are turning they're in it for the long run and we can get back to a new album every couple of years again

Yeh usually aren't the best but it was a quote from Homme so they can't really change that. And 6 years was way to long for another album, what with LC being number one and stuff I hope it makes them more keen to bring our new material

Could Wild Beasts headline John Peel now? Mid-other would be a grim slot for them

maybe but it'd be a bit weird for them to go from headlining Park to headlining John Peel (taking up two headliner slots) although i think Crystal Castles did the exact same so not impossible. i just reckon they'll be on Other now to be honest - maybe fifth down?

maybe but it'd be a bit weird for them to go from headlining Park to headlining John Peel (taking up two headliner slots) although i think Crystal Castles did the exact same so not impossible. i just reckon they'll be on Other now to be honest - maybe fifth down?

Mhmm their doing Brixton acadamy on this tour, I am sure last time they was touring they did Shepards Bush Empire, so a little bit of a jump there.

Edited by LondonTom

Going off Red Light (awful) it will be too commercial for my liking. He has said he's stopped with trance which is a massive shame. However he put on an amazing show on the Greater Than Tour. One of the best 'gigs' I have been to in ages. Even the newer stuff was good that he's doing which I like as long as it's not cheesy like some dance music. He threw in enough old songs to make me very happy - Human Traffic, Love Comes Again, Tega and Sara, Lethal Industry etc. Other tracks he mixed with them were very good bar a few floppers like Red Light. I appreciate he needs to 'evolve' but that shouldn't mean go sh*t to get in the charts. I'm hoping the album will have some trancey stuff in or songs similar to Elements Of Life at least

I was gutted as couldn't get a ticket for "Greater Than", seemed to be sold out before it even went on sale!! Jammy you - glad you enjoyed it, was it a late finish?

Will just have to wait and see regarding his new release then, though from what you've said - it doesn't sound like it will be trance. He released an album which was of that nature under an alias, "Allure" a few years ago which was quite good. Maybe he'll release trance music in different guises from now on..

Jack White looks to be nailed on to play Bonnaroo

http://www.thespacelab.tv/spaceLAB/theSHOW/MusicFestivals/Bonnaroo-2014-Lineup-Rumors-Tickets-Dates-Live-Stream-Video-News-Apps.html

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are the latest Bonnaroo rumor, to go along with Arcade Fire, Disclosure and Muse. Neil Young & Crazy Horse, My Morning Jacket, Jack White and Pearl Jam are safe and predictable Bonnaroo 2014 rumors, given that they completely fit the style of Bonnaroo and have a history.

:D His solo tour was great. Good mix of his other projects stuff while getting the Blunderbuss songs in.

Wonder if he will be doing the All Girl/All Boy backing band thing again? That was an intresting idea and worked rather well!

Give him the Other headline slot so he can have a nice long set I say!

Well from those names, Arcade Fire can't and Pearl Jam would be unlikely so it doesn't fill me with hope that he'll be back touring. Neil Young will probably be there though, looking at his website (if I'm reading it right) he seems to have all the dates for his tour there but no festival/venue names next to some of them. You could probably work other stuff out from that I guess.

Edited by dentalplan

He had a run of about 4 years on trot didn't he?

Raconteurs - drummed with last shadow puppets on Park - dead weather (special guest Park) - dead weather (pyramid). Plus White stripes headlined one year didn't they?

yes - and he's not appeared on the bill as himself ever.