What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

The quality isn't an issue, 90% of leaks are as good as you iTunes downloads, but a physical copy is of course way better for the event of it and having a physical copy lying around. If I could afford to do that with all or even half the albums I wanted to listen to then I would.

Also, hasn't Lanegan already had an album out this year? Hard to keep up with the guy.

Just moved house again and getting fed up with carting boxes with 10s of 1000s of CDs around with me that I hardly ever play.

Downloads and streaming for me from now on - with a few nice fetishy bits of vinyl for favourite albums and a minimal acquisition of outmoded plastic tat that's good only for landfill.

Two last year and an EP this year. He just keeps going!

Well I look forward to the Mark Lanegan Band ones more than any of the solo/duet things so it should be a good one.

Weezer's new album has leaked so looking forward to giving that a listen. also, so has Foxygen's. really loved their last album and this one is a ridiculous 24 tracks long so it'll be interesting if not anything else

Yeah it's a double album. Not given it a spin yet as I need to allocate some proper time for that but that and Weezer were the albums I were my most anticipated for the rest of the year since The Physical World dropped. Fancy that eh?

Just moved house again and getting fed up with carting boxes with 10s of 1000s of CDs around with me that I hardly ever play.

Downloads and streaming for me from now on - with a few nice fetishy bits of vinyl for favourite albums and a minimal acquisition of outmoded plastic tat that's good only for landfill.

Ive recently reduced my DVD collection from a 7ft high x 7ft wide wall to two slip cases. Fucked all the boxes out. May do the same with cds.

New flying lotus getting lots of spins. Derranged crazy stuff, love it.

New sbtrkt is good. Like a 6-7/10. Has some class but also some average songs. Glad the sticky, experimenting with new songs 2nd album is out the way tbh.

Caribou album is lovely. A great record all the way through.

Banks was pretty dire, considering i really liked all the single releases before (6 or 7?), it didnt flow or translate as a full length record at all and some of the new additions were absolute pants.

Really enjoyed the new Perfume Genius record, that's been the best of the new picks.

Caribou - Good but nowhere near as good as Swim.

SBTRKT - A bit dull in all honesty, and I still hate New Dorp, New York.

Thom Yorke - Good again, similar to his feeling pulled apart by horses side rather than the Eraser.

• 3 weeks later...

The 2 Bears album is streaming on youtube now...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcJmxjSuNnueXjjLytuRdNl3jqqYvm2uo

Only listened to half of it last night, but think its ace...especially this, which I thought was great at Bestival, so glad it lives up to a drunken memory!

Edited by LondonTom

The 2 Bears album is streaming on youtube now...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcJmxjSuNnueXjjLytuRdNl3jqqYvm2uo

Only listened to half of it last night, but think its ace...especially this, which I thought was great at Bestival, so glad it lives up to a drunken memory!

not as instantly brilliant as their first one was for me but still enjoying this one quite a bit

Went up to see 2bears at Stonebridge bar last year (Thu night maybe ?). Couldn't get anywhere near the tent and the queue got so bad that they ended up shutting the bar while they cleared the queue. If they are there this year they definately need a bigger venue or to play during the actual weekend.

i was there too, was chaos... we persevered and got let it eventually... the silly thing is once the set did start the place was half empty!

Went up to see 2bears at Stonebridge bar last year (Thu night maybe ?). Couldn't get anywhere near the tent and the queue got so bad that they ended up shutting the bar while they cleared the queue. If they are there this year they definately need a bigger venue or to play during the actual weekend.

Hopefully they will be bringing their "live" show they did at Bestival along next year! Either Park or the John Peel i reckon. (I guess even Sonic.)

their 'live' show is a full set up I think, joe on keys/pad/backing vocals etc. and I want to say a drummer as well (can't remember fully, I wasn't even that drunk).

Not just decks and raf's vox anyway.

and sinkthepink trannies. everywhere.

Yeah, they had a woman singing to!!! Anyway it was better than their usual "DJ" set thing.

Its on the Channel 4 Bestival coverage I believe, will try to see if i can split it off as no one else seems to have done it and put it on youtube yet!

Hi folks,

I posted keen anticipation for a few albums on here some time ago.

A couple of them are now out and straight to the top of my contenders for best this year.

Lonely the Brave debut is superb - not many in the John Peel tent for their Glastonbury appearance this year but I am sure they'll be back in 2015 and will have a much higher billing and support

Slipknot - dropped off some way after the first couple of albums, the next couple felt like they were putting out albums without the same angst and soul as the first couple. Now they are back to their best - clearly they are likely to be a little marmite for many and not likely to ever grace the grounds of Glastonbury but if you like your music to cleanse via the gut occasionally go get it

What's up next - Machine Head - let's see if they're back to best

Deacon Blue was a disappointment after the fantastic Hipsters

Eels latest was good as ever but not as Wonderful, Glorious as the last

Hi folks,

I posted keen anticipation for a few albums on here some time ago.

A couple of them are now out and straight to the top of my contenders for best this year.

Lonely the Brave debut is superb - not many in the John Peel tent for their Glastonbury appearance this year but I am sure they'll be back in 2015 and will have a much higher billing and support

Slipknot - dropped off some way after the first couple of albums, the next couple felt like they were putting out albums without the same angst and soul as the first couple. Now they are back to their best - clearly they are likely to be a little marmite for many and not likely to ever grace the grounds of Glastonbury but if you like your music to cleanse via the gut occasionally go get it

As much as I enjoyed the Lonely The Brave debut and it has some truly great moments but it I did think some of it did fall short in the end but I've only listened to it once (don't know why, I loved the Backroads EP). I managed to catch the last song of their set at Leeds after PBAH had pulled about and it was great, wish I saw all of it

I think people are over hyping Slipknot's new album to be honest, I think it is a great album but not to the same level of what some people are saying as it is a return to the old sound, still a step up from All Hope Is Gone though

Don't think there is anything coming out that I'm looking forward to this year (I would say Smashing Pumpkins but I wasn't keen on the new single) but I have noticed that a lot of my favourite albums this year have been debuts but it has been a good year overall (but I haven't found that album I'd give a 10/10 to yet and I had 3 last year)