What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

Foster the people album sounds interesting, the sound is apperently to become more guitar based than dancy electro pop, which will be interesting to see how it comes out.

I think it will be a good year for new stuff from bands that have already had a few albums out. I difinatly see Glasto performances by Maccabees, Elbow, Warpaint and Foster the People . Hopefully through inperformances by Laura Marling and Imagine dragons, a couple of oldie disco greats and i'll be a happy man!

I'm also exited to see that Little Dragon have a new album out too, so hopefully a place for them as well.

We NEED a new Tool album in 2014.

MAYNARD PULL YOUR FINGER OUT!

As soon as I saw your name I knew it'd be about Tool :lol:

Anyway, I have no idea what's scheduled to be released in 2014, but having just looked at the Wikipedia list of albums released this year I'm excited for these:

Foo Fighters

The Horrors

Tool (if it happens (PLEASE))

Red Hot Chili Peppers (expecting it to be rubbish, mind)

Aside from those on that list:

The Black Keys

The Cribs

Elbow

Damon Albarn

Julian Casablancas

Klaxons

Radiohead (if that were to happen)

On the whole, nothing I'm properly looking forward to (assuming that Tool and Radiohead won't happen).

Edited by Will-2609

Mentioned already but The Hold Steady are in the studio, Jessie Malin has a Pledge funded album due and also hoping for something new from Butch Walker and The Black Widows.

Have you see the pledge thing for The Hold Steady? Some funny stuff. Quite down to Earth too, depending which way you look at it.

Just read that TV on the Radio may also be releasing an album this year :)

Fantastich!

And in other maudlin, quiffed news, Morrissey has just done a question and answer session on True-To-You and slyly slipped in; "Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul.". I look forward to it!

Fantastich!

And in other maudlin, quiffed news, Morrissey has just done a question and answer session on True-To-You and slyly slipped in; "Well, we are about to record our new album, and one of the tracks is called Istanbul.". I look forward to it!

i saw that. got me very excited. a new Morrissey album has been missing from my life for far too long. the fact that it's taken so long because he couldn't find a record label willing to sign him (or something similar, don't quote me on that) just baffles me

listening to the new Pixies EP at the moment. immediately sounds better than the first imo. read that Frank wrote the song Greens & Blues as a somewhat replacement / better version of Gigantic and a show closer. don't quite know about that but it's a very good song

i saw that. got me very excited. a new Morrissey album has been missing from my life for far too long. the fact that it's taken so long because he couldn't find a record label willing to sign him (or something similar, don't quote me on that) just baffles me

listening to the new Pixies EP at the moment. immediately sounds better than the first imo. read that Frank wrote the song Greens & Blues as a somewhat replacement / better version of Gigantic and a show closer. don't quite know about that but it's a very good song

He's a very controversial figure, a constant source of "look what Morrissey has said now!" for the tabloids, I'd guess there are a lot of labels that just don't want the hassle. Then there's the fact he's notoriously difficult to work with, he's fallen out with a lot of record labels, but I think there's more to it than him not having a record label, because he had Attack at his disposal (I think the idea was that he was in charge IIRC). If you listen to Action Is My Middle Name, Scandinavia, People Are The Same Everywhere and The Kid's A Looker, which he trotted out as new singles for a few years quite recently, the felt half-arsed and half-finished, Moz by numbers, maybe he just didn't want to make an album. Thankfully, they seem to have been jettisoned earlier in the year as b-sides to obligatory reissues, so hopefully we'll see a completely new album, and preferably Visconti-produced, a spiritual successor to Ringleader Of The Tormentors would do very nicely.

While typing this I was, purely by chance, listening to Such A Little Thing Makes A Big Difference, "I will not change and I will not be nice", I hope you never do either, Moz.

I half-listened to the new Pixies EP last night, I've got nothing against any of the songs, but I just don't really see the point, they'll always be an awkward fit with the classics. Bagboy excepted, Boyboy is magnificent.

Dead Weather have said 2015 haven't they? Sooner would be nice. The Kills are meant to be releasing soon though.

Yeah I'm sure it said something along those lines in a Third Man Records news item about a vault package.

Can't wait for some new Kills but how close to a new album are they? Didn't play any new tracks on their most recent tour.

Have you see the pledge thing for The Hold Steady? Some funny stuff. Quite down to Earth too, depending which way you look at it.

Not looked for a bit. Is it still just the vinyl covers ep? Love The Hold Steady, it was their set at John Peel (in 2009 when I watched it on tv :( ) that got me into them after I'd seen Jessie Malin do a cover of You Can Make Them Like You earlier that year. I've seen them 6 times since, never disapointed.

2014 needs more THS

Didn't realise this was on the horizon (and I posted in the planned activity thread but this might warrant more dicussion here :P)

Wild Beasts annouced Present Tense for 24th february :D

Lead single:

Brilliant!

Wild Beasts albums are on the top of my list of albums that get me really excited every time there's a new one on the horizon. new song sounds very different from their other stuff but i love it. can't wait for this one!