West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw VT in koko camden a few weeks back and they were awesome, they all came to the pub after as well for drinks, super fun and very nice guys. Saturday is looking like a full day and night at west holts, bring on the music and goan fish curry, think that was near by...

Sounds like we have a few VT converts here today, good stuff. See you there!

Let's hope that the Weather gods a kind to them this year, I think they deserve it after last years disappointment.

Saw Vintage Trouble in Glasgow a couple of weeks back. As has been said, great show and excellent frontman. They did a couple of songs from within the crowd and at one point he danced and sang his way along the bar !

Got a young fella and his bagpipes up to play on one of their songs who they had met when he was out busking. Great scenes. Records not quite the same buzz but they have some tunes and he has a great voice. Can`t imagine anyone would be disappointed in their live show. I had thought they could even have handled an afternoon slot on the big stage. VT into Alabama Shakes in the sunshine had a nice ring to it :beach:

Nightmares on Wax would have to be a shoe in for west holts, mid day set or something. Doing the rounds this summer.

Caught him a few weeks back and it was quality.

Just been announced as headlining at Kelburn Garden Party the Saturday after Glastonbury. Great wee festival on the west coast of Scotland. Would be happy to see him twice in a week :)

Haha, just watched that Letterman performance and it's easy to imagine having serious craic at a live gig.

Great stuff... definitely getting the highlighter on Clashfinder.

Letterman has had the privilege of watching some stellar stuff on his show over the years

For anyone who wasn't there, the 10 mins they played last year, before the storm arrived, was just like that Letterman clip. I tried to find a decent clip of it, but could only find a BBC clip, which didn't have very good sound. The effort they made to do a brief acoustic performance for those of us who stuck around was nice to see too. They clearly felt we deserved something for our persistence! I honestly believe they would've been the highlight of my festival if the weather hadn't got in the way.

Saw VT in koko camden a few weeks back and they were awesome, they all came to the pub after as well for drinks, super fun and very nice guys. Saturday is looking like a full day and night at west holts, bring on the music and goan fish curry, think that was near by...

VT, Goan Curry and a pint of Brothers.....

For anyone who wasn't there, the 10 mins they played last year, before the storm arrived, was just like that Letterman clip. I tried to find a decent clip of it, but could only find a BBC clip, which didn't have very good sound. The effort they made to do a brief acoustic performance for those of us who stuck around was nice to see too. They clearly felt we deserved something for our persistence! I honestly believe they would've been the highlight of my festival if the weather hadn't got in the way.

Glad they've been invited back.

Hard to beat live performances where bands give it the beans from the start.

I look forward to falling on my arse trying to mimic his dancing

After what everyone has said, I just had a listen to Vintage Trouble. That's a new band to add on the list to try and see this year! (a list that will hopefully become considerably longer tomorrow...). Does anyone know roughly what time slot VT are likely to have on the West Holts? No doubt it will clash with 2 other things that I want to see.