Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I can't think of an act that's sold out an arena tour of UK more than 3 or 4 UK dates instantly (as in you log on at 9am and don't get tickets) this year other than Arctic Monkeys. I don't think Arcade Fire are bigger than say, Kings of Leon.

Not even sure Arctic Monkeys sold out instantly, I think I can remember being able to get them an hour or so after they went on sale.

Arcade Fire did do an arena tour for the last album, although the way they're doing this does suggest that maybe they'll do festivals next summer instead.... *hint*

gotta say, the more i listen to Reflektor, the more the 'meh' feeling seems to be setting in. Reflektor, Normal Person and It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) are right up there with some of their best for me, but the rest just isn't grabbing me much at all. as i said before, there's nothing terrible, but there's just something missing for me (haven't been able to get It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) out of my head since i first heard it, mind. what a song)

gotta say, the more i listen to Reflektor, the more the 'meh' feeling seems to be setting in. Reflektor, Normal Person and It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) are right up there with some of their best for me, but the rest just isn't grabbing me much at all. as i said before, there's nothing terrible, but there's just something missing for me (haven't been able to get It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus) out of my head since i first heard it, mind. what a song)

It's never over is my fave at the minute, not many songs are doing it for me though but I'll save judgement till atleast I'm in double figures of listening

Just stumbled upon the Bridge School Benefit Concert stream starting soon (here) with Arcade Fire playing later, as well as Queens of the Stone Age and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young amongst others (list here) - all acoustic shows as is tradition there.

Looks like it'll go on very late though but I thought I'd mention it anyway. I believe they're putting the whole thing up on Monday with all the sets from tonight plus Tom Waits' set tomorrow too.

So how have these folks got their vinyl already? I feel like the only one here who hasnt heard it!!

It's quite common for physical pre-orders of music/films/video games to be sent out early by the vendor as they like to promote themselves by guaranteeing that people get it on the the day of release, so to make sure that happens or in cases of high volumes they send some out a bit earlier than they should and that means that sometimes people get it on the Saturday rather than the Monday (as far as they're concerned it's better if the customer gets it early rather than late).

That's never going to be the case with iTunes as they don't have to negotiate postage times/delivery schedules to get you your pre-order, so there's no chance you're going to 'accidentally' get it early.

Edited by mrtourette

It's quite common for physical pre-orders of music/films/video games to be sent out early by the vendor as they like to promote themselves by guaranteeing that people get it on the the day of release, so to make sure that happens or in cases of high volumes they send some out a bit earlier than they should and that means that sometimes people get it on the Saturday rather than the Monday (as far as they're concerned it's better if the customer gets it early rather than late).

That's never going to be the case with iTunes as they don't have to negotiate postage times/delivery schedules to get you your pre-order, so there's no chance you're going to 'accidentally' get it early.

Which is bullshit for physical retailers who have the stock but can't give it to their customers early because of embargoes agreed with the publishers that Amazon, etc constantly break by sending preorders out early.

Going to try get a ticket for the 15th date at the Barrowlands in Glasgow, going to see Frightened Rabbit the other night! I put the new album on this morning still listening to it, quite enjoy a lot of it Normal Person, Reflecktor, Here Comes the Night Time seem to be my favourites so far. Never noticed this before with Arcade Fire but they have a little bit of a Talking Heads influence going on with them at points.

They're apparently doing America in April (so now totally nailed on for Coachella). I wonder if they'll skip festivals & do stadiums this summer?

I think it was kinda given they would be at Coachella next year, don't really have an explanation as to why but it just seems right :L

They're apparently doing America in April (so now totally nailed on for Coachella). I wonder if they'll skip festivals & do stadiums this summer?

Stadiums in the UK? Nah. They're not there yet, I don't think.

They're also apparently doing Lolla in Brazil and Chile instead of Depeche Mode. So it looks like they'll have cleared Aus/NZ, South America and North America (first leg) by June. It just remains to be seen which half of the summer they do.

They won't do Coachella, doesn't seem a festival to repeat headliners and they took the honours in 2011.

I'll be trying to get tickets for the 12 November in London.

Listening to Reflektor for the first time now and I'm feeling a lot of unease - there's nothing chaotic, anthemic or destructive in here, it isn't front-heavy enough.

I loved Reflektor (single) and Afterlife but they really do seem like the only real highs with Here Comes The Night.

Hard to take.

Stadiums in the UK? Nah. They're not there yet, I don't think.

They're also apparently doing Lolla in Brazil and Chile instead of Depeche Mode. So it looks like they'll have cleared Aus/NZ, South America and North America (first leg) by June. It just remains to be seen which half of the summer they do.

Chile? You know what that means...

They won't do Coachella, doesn't seem a festival to repeat headliners and they took the honours in 2011.

I'll be trying to get tickets for the 12 November in London.

Listening to Reflektor for the first time now and I'm feeling a lot of unease - there's nothing chaotic, anthemic or destructive in here, it isn't front-heavy enough.

I loved Reflektor (single) and Afterlife but they really do seem like the only real highs with Here Comes The Night.

Hard to take.

Some of their most chaotic/destructive music is on this album, Normal Person and the end of Here Comes the Night Time in particular. I agree there's no anthems, but they already have too many of those. :P

Chile? You know what that means...

Yep. I'd be okay with that. Was just looking at their touring circles and they are some of the most impossible to follow of any band. They jet between continents between shows. Monsters.